No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, in rising they sent a PJ to rescue the kidnapped by the wraith, where the planet had a hive ship, and returned back to atlantis, so atlantis gate was not blocked

Comment

It seems that the alliance of 4 races was born once the Ancient went back to earth after leaving Atlantis. Then there is the question of the plague that killed a lot of them was that before the war with wraith or after it when they went back MW.

Any ideas people.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
        lets not get started on the whole "which timeline" thing, with time travel, you could argue to the ends of the earth and not reach a solid conclusion.

it is simple you have to remember that for old weir was her present all the time even when she was in past it was her present time what she lived and by staying in the past and no coming back she also fixed the future.

think what if she was able to come back to her real time none of the last 14 episodes ever happend

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Maybe he set it to unblock itself after earth dialed in. Or maybe the monkey people poking around at the advanced technology broke the brilliant superior Ancient's blocking program.
          All but Earth can dial in, but Janus must have set it to unlock the adresses from incoming wormholes upon the arrival of the Atlantis Expedition.
          Enter my game site...

Comment

Is it just me or do the Ancients seem a whole lot likd the Tokra? The PTB did not make them out much more advanced then most other races we have seen and that seems unusual since they were so advanced millions of years previous to already have Atlantis with shields etc (as seen on Earth in Rising) and not to have developed way beyond Atlantis in millions of years??? And one last nitpick... were those LL Bean Backsacks the Ancients carried back to Earth as they evacuated?? AHHHH

Comment

Note: I have the ep on my computer so if there is anything people need double checked i can do it for you.

I thought the ep was very informative and Proved and Disproved alot of theories.

*It showed the powerful enemy was infact the wraith and not (like some people suggested) some other race who had the wraith as slaves, or another race in hiding.

*It proved the reason the wraith were able to defeat the atlantians was infact numbers not technology (as many people already believed)

*They sunk the city long before they left

there were more i noted before but i forgot them now lol

and i really wish everyone would stop fussing over this "shipping". I never care about it, ever. I didnt see him giving her a gift in anyway as romantic, it looked more like good friends.

Comment

tfalls1, although their clothes resemble in certain ways those of the Tokra, it's the Tokra that copied from them, not the other way around.
                As for the "advanced technology" that you seem to not see, I must remind you that Atlantis was already under siege by the Wraith, they have comparable technology and with massive numbers they could easily have overwhelmed any shielding aside the main shield of Atlantis.

Blend, the Wraith background story had nothing to do with the siege, so that still doesn't rule out that the Wraith were uprising subordinates or something else rather than a massive hunger-driven race.
                The Wraith ARE of equal strength to the Atlantians, their Darts may not have enough firepower to take on a PJ while it's shielded, but a fleet of Darts can overwhelm any resistance. The only offset they have from the Atlantians that we know of is their large warships (probably versus the Hive Ships, or larger, stronger stuff) are weaker one on one against an Ancient Warship.

And don't rob anyone of their shipping presumtions, they're always fun, not to mention Sheppard IS already growing into that "good friend" spot now ^_^
                Enter my game site...

Comment

I'm not into "ship" either it is not the reason I watch the show but you must let those fans who are into that stuff speak there mine personally I think the relationship between weir and shapperd is one f mutual respect and friendship.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    It seems that the alliance of 4 races was born once the Ancient went back to earth after leaving Atlantis. Then there is the question of the plague that killed a lot of them was that before the war with wraith or after it when they went back MW.

Any ideas people.
                    I'd have to say the plague was before they returned, because they tried to use time travel to save themselves, but it didn't work. Yet Janus was able to perfect time travel.

Plus, there could have been a bad screwup with the WoO machine that would explain the Ancient council's opposition to time travel.

Comment

im going to watch this tonight but from the looks of it it seems good.

we appear to learn a lot...but it makes u wonder. if the ancients werent asended by this time, it means the plague happened when they came back to the milky way..maybe they brought something back?

also, it means that they didnt blend in right away into humanity, they must have still be the dominant race up until at least 5-6 thousands years ago.

so theorys are right though:" ancients lost not b/c the wraith had better technology just because their were more of them.

cool episode that leads us to much more...
                      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I basically agree with Teal'c's idea. I'm betting the Milky Way Ancients died off from the plague after having tried several different ways to stop it (including the "Window of Opportunity" time machine). Sometime after the failed experiment a group of un-infected Ancients left in Atlantis, and started to look down on time travel because of the failure before. Either the remaining Ancients in Milky Way started the All Mighty Alliance in their waning years, or the Atlantians started it when they returned from Pegasus, for whatever time they had before their relatively miniscule population died out.
                        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

But wouldn't the un-infected ancients help there own dying people rather then run away.

Comment

But that makes you wonder about the Time Loop Device in "Window Of Opportunity" if it was created by Janus. ok but if the Ancients where on earth when Ra got here ... I mean the Cover stone from the Giza gate was what 10 to 15 thousand years ago. So that mean either Ra had come and gone by the time the ancients returned or he got their right after the ancients returned.

Comment

Now back to the actual name of the Ancients. Didn't the Wraith from "The Defiant One" call them something different? It was close to Ancient, but different enough to maybe be their original name. Also, do the Ancients speak English? Since Weir could speak with the Ancients without translation.

Comment

Good episode, although, could have used a bit more content. You could pretty much figure it all out in about the first 10 minutes.

Although when they first showed clips from "The Rising - Part I" i was like 'oh no, not a flashback!" but it was kinda cool when they started to break from the Rising and switch things up. The scene where Weir John and Rodney are in the Control Room is fun to compare. They do the exact same things, but yet it's just a little bit different.

Comment

Working...
                                X