Did anybody notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anybody notice

So, listening to the 2nd Gateworld podcast yesterday they encouraged people to check out the forums - i'd been meaning to do it for a while but meh... i mean to do alot of things

Anyway, decided to give it a go and while watching the Seed (also yesterday, been on holiday for a week) i noticed something i wanted to see if anybody else had spotted

Spoiler:
    When Zelenka was showing Woolsey how far the entity had grown outside of the Iso-Room, the Atlantis computer made a Star Trek Computer sound

Spoiler tagged incase people havent seen yet

Anyway, go give it a watch again - the sound is identical, not just similar

I didn't noticed that, but this stuff happens a lot in stargate, so no shock.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
      Hmm, i've not noticed any direct crossovers of sound clips like that before - a couple of visial things in BSG and DS9 but not noticed it in SG myself

Comment

Yeah, I heard that. Sort of a fast beep-beep-beep.

I don't know if that's Star Trek though...but it does sound familiar (I'm a Trek fan too). Nice find! And welcome to Gateworld!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Ez View Post
          Hmm, i've not noticed any direct crossovers of sound clips like that before - a couple of visial things in BSG and DS9 but not noticed it in SG myself
          That would be Ronald Moore produced BSG and DS9
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Yeah, I heard that. Sort of a fast beep-beep-beep.

I don't know if that's Star Trek though...but it does sound familiar (I'm a Trek fan too). Nice find! And welcome to Gateworld!
            I'm afraid, being the geek that i am i can confirm its a star trek sound effect - its the sound that the starfleet computer plays when opening a visual comm channel (and occasionally a reference file)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              That would be Ronald Moore produced BSG and DS9
              Yes

DS9 had their most secure part of the computer core (i think) in access panel A-51 and 1701 has popped up on panels on Galactica countless times

Also on the numberplate of Kaito Nakamura's car in Heroes, not looked to see who from Trek works on that show, or maybe it was just put in for giggles because the guy was played by George Takei

Comment

I'm afraid, being the geek that i am i can confirm its a star trek sound effect - its the sound that the starfleet computer plays when opening a visual comm channel (and occasionally a reference file)
                I didn't pick up on it till you guys just pointed it out.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  I didn't pick up on it till you guys just pointed it out.
                  Yeah, watched enough Trek to recognise it instantly

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post

yeah that is true, i mean look at the inside of the ships they might as well be the enterprise, but i guess that works for them
                    that is how Star Trek inspires them
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

What do you want it to look like inside then? Pink?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        What do you want it to look like inside then? Pink?
                        Only real similarities i see between the enterprise and the ships on SG is the fact that they have a similar bridge layout, but its only slight

Comment

i too didnt notice unyil you pointed it out, maybe it was to make woolsey feel more at home lol

Comment

Only real similarities i see between the enterprise and the ships on SG is the fact that they have a similar bridge layout, but its only slight
                            That is something that's always bugged me about Stargate Ships. Couldn't they have come up with something just a little more original for a commander than a central command chair like that?
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
                              i too didnt notice unyil you pointed it out, maybe it was to make woolsey feel more at home lol
                              Yeah, cos the Atlantis uniform certainly wasnt making him feel at home - say what you will about the Star Trek uniforms, at least the main cast (After TNG and the skintight uniform) looked comfortable in their uni's

Bob P looks like he borrowed his off a friend, whether thats meant to symbolise that he doesnt quite belong or whether its just taking a while to get his look right i dont know but it just aint working atm

Comment

Working...
                              X