No announcement yet.

Sanctuary (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see why everyone is always telling McKay to shut up. He always says what he's thinking, and he's really smart so they should listen to him. So what if what he says upsets a few people. Although his approach isn't always the best it feels like they always wait 'til something has happend then they ask him, and he says exactly what he thinks, without any diplomacy.

Hm.. Now I see why I like him so much. He's exactly like me.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      I actually don't think they fake human form, I think they do become solid. Since the human body isn't anything else then energy that shouldn't be that hard for them to do.
      Sorry, I meant to put the word "fake" in quotation marks. I agree, they can really become solid, but they don't "de-ascend" in order to do it like Daniel and Orlin both eventually did - that is a different matter entirely. They're still ascended when they're solid, they just can take physical form at will.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        Sorry, I meant to put the word "fake" in quotation marks. I agree, they can really become solid, but they don't "de-ascend" in order to do it like Daniel and Orlin both eventually did - that is a different matter entirely. They're still ascended when they're solid, they just can take physical form at will.
        Then we are in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig

You know it makes you kind of wonder. Its been implied a number of times (especially in sanctuary where its pretty much stated) that humans and ancients are related - its not a matter of seeding or genetics. Its almost said that humans are like younger cousins or something.

The ancient in sanctuary obviously had VERY strong feelings for numerous humans. (love/lust/friends/family...) Which is why she is being punished, she simply could not let go. Other Ancients we have met have similar issues: Oma is bending the rules helping numerous humans learn to ascend, the guy with sam with his assistance to a human world etc.

The thing this all brings together is: Did Daniel ACTUALLY get re-corporialized? Or did Oma simply place a block on his ability to remember how to re-form into an energy state?

(ie is Daniel really a human at this point?)

Since ascended can pretty effectively mimic living/unascended humans would Daniel even know?

Good my brain hurts..

None the less gotta say that this episode does have the best (thus far) scene of the Wraith attacking planets... There were hundreds of darts and inleast 1 hive.....

A

Comment

my guess is daniel is indead human, otherwise he would be in perfect health and he isn't he still uses his glasses and almost got killed by the game-chair thing.

maybe people are just mixing words here but they dont "de-send" everytime they choice to be in a corporial form, they can still use their powers while in that form. the way i see it is, energy and matter and interchangeable, and since they are pure energy now they have a great and apparently magical control over energy so they can change some energy to be matter at will and form a human body. while their minds are still acended, if that makes sence. they arn't acending/ de-sending everytime they wanna look human its just energy in the shape of a corporial body.

as for her punishment and maybe orlins to, ancients dont live in our "plain" of exsistance, they arn't all just on another planet or in another galaxy somewhere, they dont exsist in our dimension (i have a long explination of dimensions greater then 3/4/5 depending on which u think we live in, but i wont go into that basicly u can understand dimensions lower then the one your in but u can't understand ones that are higher) so basicly orlin and athar are still ascended but are forced to exsist in our plain of exsistance, so they can move around through the stargate to other worlds that dosn't break the punishment and call down the anger of the other ascended ancient high council.

on a couple of other notes, i'm glad to see shep knowns now that u only need one glowing jelly fish of doom to destroy a dart. and it was good to see a fleet of them and after a closer look i couldn't see a hive ship, there are some other non dart ships there but they dont look big enough to be hive, maybe command and comunication ships or something? if there was a hive there, now we know athar can take care of her self and destroy anything that comes close, even a hive, then maybe the atlantis team should "accidently" get followed by some ships to that planet and she can do the hard work for them? thats not breaking the rules, shes not interfering in mortal problems shes just protecting her planet as the others made her do?

Comment

Great episode.

One thing though, when the ancients ascended why did they get so damned arrogant. Surely it would be better for all, even them, if they just destroyed the wraith. Then the ancients who didnt ascend could live happily, etc. It just seems very arrogant and seflish to "find and wake" the wraith on a "dark world", then find out how to ascend and then dissappear leaving everyone to fend for themselves.

I did like the "hispanic" accent though, it made her seem more alien. lol. Sounds stupid but the clothes and accent did make her seem a little "different" and more "ancient" to me. That's probably only 'cos I'm not hispanic though.

8/10

Bring on "Before I Sleep". Woohoo.

Comment

Great episode! I liked the comments by McKay to Shep that "the whole Captain Kirk routine is very problematic and morally dubious" when talking about how he was schmoozing with the "alien princess" and that it was very "1967" of him! Wonder if Sheppard will pine for Chaya Sar now?

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

This was an amazing episode!!!

Great character development. The chemistry between the cast is getting better every episode and it is only the first season!!!

Some of the one liners are great, although some Star Trek reference seems to be a norm it is still placed well.

Very stylish writing on this one, if this kinda writing keeps up Atlantis is gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the future!!
                  Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                  - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                  - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                  Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                  Mayboune: *shrugs*
                  - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

All in all a very good episode. It definitely cheered me up from a terrible day. My only disappointment is that Chaya didn't give us some cool Zen Koan-like lines.

Edit: How come we didn't see this scene in the episode? It was probably cut out.

Comment

Remember that we didn't see a few pics happening in The Rising and The Eye.

As for Athar, she was able to revert back to a humanoid form, then go back to being ascended, then went back to being a humanoid, then back to ascended, then back again.

Either she is always ascended and can modify her energy to fake out being human, or she can REALLY revert back to her original Ancient humanoid form and return to her energy form at will, when it's needed. Since she seems to have a lot of power, it might be because of that power that she can freely change to and fro so quickly.

Now let's get back on the Leonor Varela stuff, I liked her in Blade 2, but this time she truly shined. Her beauty was somewhat overshadowed by being a vampire in B2, but now we got to see her in great outfits and her hair flowing. (yeah, you could say I have a thing for long dark hair)
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

I think the Ascended beings can take any form they wish. I don't know why people are getting so confused about it.

Watch "Abyss" for example, Daniel was ascended but he chose to show himself to Daniel as a familiar face. A good example of this is the end of "Contact" starring Jodie Foster.

As for "Sanctuary" I quite enjoyed it. Lots of little subtle hints in it from a storyline perspective, plus I loved the Sheppard = Kirk comparisons that McKay was making (which I've been saying for weeks on this board!!!)

Definately the best line, after Chaya reveals why she came to Atlantis...

"Oh my God, he is Captain Kirk!"
                        "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          I don't see why everyone is always telling McKay to shut up. He always says what he's thinking, and he's really smart so they should listen to him. So what if what he says upsets a few people. Although his approach isn't always the best it feels like they always wait 'til something has happend then they ask him, and he says exactly what he thinks, without any diplomacy.

It may not be the lack of diplomacy so much as the fact that McKay has shot himself--and the "Tau'ri"--in the foot on occasion by flapping his gums too much!

J.
                          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

You're so how of the track, especially aAnubiSs, all the banned ancient know how to ascend, but the others, wich are already ascended, refuse them to do so, and stop them (as they did with Anubis).

don't worry aAnubiSs, I still think as for you, I love McKay and also think the way you do on that. They should listen to him, but we have to know that it is a US team, not a international as they wanna us to think it is, cause in civilized society in 2004, they listen to other people. sorry if i choked a few people who live in USA (Who are not Americans, cause canadians are also americans and i dont wanna be so if USA use americans to talk about them) but they have to agreed that this series really represent the reality of what they did in Irak . I really love to see the really undetectable signs that the authors put in these series, I love to compare that "fiction" to the reality and laugh about USA military politics so funny !

As other idea, I would glady give a 10/10 for this episode 1 suspens, love, personnal problem, feedback to the main story-line, a few explaination at the end and still, a very large place for personnal interpretation ... to probably wait for SG-1 or SG-A season's final to see (I dont watch spoiler )

The actress who play the new ancient is a top model =) Sheppard must have be very happy to embrace her !
                            I wonder if they will talk about what sheppard will have learn in the next episode, it would be stupid if they don't ...

See u next week
                            Last edited by po134; 30 November 2004, 07:37 PM.
                            - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                            - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                            - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                              So an Ancient that was once ascended, but is no longer, still retains the ascended powers?
                              Originally posted by Gothann
                              She can switch freely between being ascended and not.
                              My theory on this is as follows:

When Ascended Ancients choose to return fully to human form, they loose the ability to re-ascend without the help of the others. I think that, because Athar's punishment was to forever defend Proculous, they allowed her to be able to alternate between forms to better serve that purpose. In that way she is unique.

She'd have to be human (or solid) in order to shag the Major.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

omg this episode was so good I love how they are making atlantis!!.. this episode just makes me wonder even more and ask even more questions! are we there acedants omg to many things brain overload .. good episode

Comment

Working...
                                X