Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanctuary (114)

Chevron Sanctuary (114)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    SANCTUARY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114

The team finds a paradise world that would make an ideal sanctuary for those fleeing from the Wraith, but the local inhabitants believe their goddess will not permit it.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 06:29 PM.

Default Re: Sanctuary

Well, is anyone gracious enough to give the unfortunate a review/summary?

I can only review, I don't have time for a summary.
    There is a LOAD of spoilers in it too, so watch out.

I believe that Major Sheppard is, without any doubt, becoming a mirror image of Captain Kirk, as Rodney so aptly describes as "So 1967".

Here's my review.

I found the episode quite relieving from the tense episodes we've seen of late (what, FOUR episodes with impending doom in them? I was getting tired of it). The relationship between the High Priestess and Sheppard was surprisingly familiar (the Kirk bit) and we get to see Sheppard's first on-screen kiss, with an ANCIENT, no less. The whole romance thing became a key factor in the episode too quickly in my view, with Sheppard jumping the gun and Weir LETTING him go out alone on a PJ to fight a fleet of Wraith Darts.
    But still, the episode was extremely interesting and calm (aside from McKay's apparent blunders here).

Here's a major spoiler: We can now see an Ascended Ancient's power. Let's just say it's not a pretty sight when it's unleashed.

So an Ancient that was once ascended, but is no longer, still retains the ascended powers?

Quote Originally Posted by dd78matt
    So an Ancient that was once ascended, but is no longer, still retains the ascended powers?
    She can switch freely between being ascended and not.

Chief Master Sergeant

hmmm.... I wonder if they could not make Daniel "un-ascended" therefore they made him just go back to human "form" and took away his memories. He may actually still be ascended... just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by tfalls1
    hmmm.... I wonder if they could not make Daniel "un-ascended" therefore they made him just go back to human "form" and took away his memories. He may actually still be ascended... just a thought
    No, Daniel was re-born, or something to that effect. To be expelled from being Ascended is to be returned to your original form. To be damned from the ranks of the Ascended leaves you Ascended, but stuck to one place (like what's his name on that planet with the powerful weapon)

No, Daniel was re-born, or something to that effect. To be expelled from being Ascended is to be returned to your original form. To be damned from the ranks of the Ascended leaves you Ascended, but stuck to one place (like what's his name on that planet with the powerful weapon)
    Sorry, Daniel wasn't reborn. He was forced into his mortal form because he was going to break the rules.

Also, Orlan wasn't "trapped" on Velona. If he were stuck there, how could he have followed SG-1 through the gate?

Personally, I think Orlan's punishment was like jail time. He couldn't operate the Stargate to leave, and he could just fly away or teleport somewhere. He was stuck. Then the SG-1 team came, and opened up his cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarnin
    Sorry, Daniel wasn't reborn. He was forced into his mortal form because he was going to break the rules.

Also, Orlan wasn't "trapped" on Velona. If he were stuck there, how could he have followed SG-1 through the gate?

Personally, I think Orlan's punishment was like jail time. He couldn't operate the Stargate to leave, and he could just fly away or teleport somewhere. He was stuck. Then the SG-1 team came, and opened up his cell.
    True, but if we look at Athar, she was stuck on her own planet, too, until she was brought back by Sheppard. But being away too long would alert the Wraith of her absence and summon them there.

As for Daniel, yes, he was forced to his mortal form, but by being re-born I meant he had absolutely no idea of who he was at first, almost like amnesia from the banishment. Though he regained his memory, he also retained a tad bit of the Ancient language, too.

Now let's get back on topic before someone deletes these posts.

Leonor Varela did a wonderful job being an Ancient, being mystical and always hiding something. Although I don't really know why Athar should have a slight hispanic accent, it was good to see more than just white-looking Ascended Ancients for once.

The thing is that Daniel didn't know how to ascend, Athar did so she could switch freely.

Daniel got help from an Ancient, she did not

Also Athar is an ancient therefore she is biologically more advanced then Daniel who is human and she probably has better control of her powers then Daniel ever did.

Well once ascended I don't think biology matters.

This episode made my loins burn in 2 ways. One way is not aloud to be described on this board.

the second way is that they FINALLY found an ACTUAL ancient. I was afraid they were gonna drag it on forever with the whole where's waldo the ancient thing.

Now I want them to find the death star.... oh wait they did. I bet they'll never reference that thing again.

Airman

i was well impressed with this episode. hope theres more of that.

I have been impressed by the whole season.

She was ascended the entire episode. Orlin didn't know how to ascend, why would Athar? And in Absolute Power Shifu had a solid body when he was ascended (Unless you think a little boy has the power to knock Daniel out and give him a dream )

Good episode. I hope we'll see them again
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Second Lieutenant

cna someone post a sumarry of this episode?

related to ascension, oriln was trapped on vorash but was still asended and he still had asended powers. When he de-asended (by choice) to be with Carter, he still retained his powers. Daniel lost it all. Shifu was asended by could de-asended into a corprael form at will (orlin did that too) so my guess is that when u are forced out, you lose it all but you can switch between corpreal and non-corpreal if your asended and if you just give up being asended you still retain the knowledge you had. (or in the case of anubis you werent forced out all the way) cant comment on the ancient in this episode w/o seeing it.

summary?

keppiezbt: I dont think he kept his powers. He just kept the knowlegdge
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by veneticuss
    keppiezbt: I dont think he kept his powers. He just kept the knowlegdge
    yeah thats what i said

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast