No announcement yet.

The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bugs looked like the Prodigy beings because of Mr. Breakspear's VFX department, not PDL.

Comment

Wow... I've never been refered to as Mr Breakspear... makes me sound really serious! I'll let you in on a secret...

The bugs are real. Seriously. They live in a jam jar on the MGM lot in Vancouver. The reason they look like the prodigy bugs is quite simple. The contract the prodigy bugs signed with the producers means that whenever we do a show with "glowy yellow bugs things" that we have to use Edna, Kevin and Syd (oh... that's their real names by the way). They control the glowy bug market and there's nothing we can do about it.

We wanted to use the gargantuan pink fluffs, a race of multi-eyed scaled beings from the outskirts of the Pegasus Galaxy that we found on a scene scout last year. They wanted too much money and each bug wanted their own trailer. It just wasn't worth the legal battle in the end and so we opted to use Edna, Kev and Syd. Oh... an interesting note: There are only three bugs and we had to shoot motion control to duplicate them into hundreds.

Alas... all the vfx department had to do in The Defiant One was feed the bugs. The eat a lot on donuts and their favorite color is yellow.

Mark

Comment

We see mc kay getting better, but the wraith is kind of disappointed (the actor who plays it). The episode is definatly good, but not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by berserklover
          We see mc kay getting better, but the wraith is kind of disappointed (the actor who plays it). The episode is definatly good, but not the best.
          I don't think this episode was even good, i'm not saying it was horrible, or the worst episode yet (because it obviously wasnt), but i would have taken an on-world SG1 episode over this. Although, i did like Mckay in this episode
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think it was the same actor who played Steve.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Did anyone hear/remember what word the Wraith ("Greg") used to refer to the Ancients? I couldnt' quite make it out... and it didn't sound like 'Ancients'.

Comment

Originally posted by vfxsoup
                Wow... I've never been refered to as Mr Breakspear... makes me sound really serious! I'll let you in on a secret...

The bugs are real. Seriously. They live in a jam jar on the MGM lot in Vancouver. The reason they look like the prodigy bugs is quite simple. The contract the prodigy bugs signed with the producers means that whenever we do a show with "glowy yellow bugs things" that we have to use Edna, Kevin and Syd (oh... that's their real names by the way). They control the glowy bug market and there's nothing we can do about it.

We wanted to use the gargantuan pink fluffs, a race of multi-eyed scaled beings from the outskirts of the Pegasus Galaxy that we found on a scene scout last year. They wanted too much money and each bug wanted their own trailer. It just wasn't worth the legal battle in the end and so we opted to use Edna, Kev and Syd. Oh... an interesting note: There are only three bugs and we had to shoot motion control to duplicate them into hundreds.

Alas... all the vfx department had to do in The Defiant One was feed the bugs. The eat a lot on donuts and their favorite color is yellow.

Mark
                OMG! ROFLMAO! Are you sure you do visual effects and aren't actually a writer?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by vfxsoup

Mark
                  i think i'm gonna enter the visual effects market!

Comment

what about the ancient orbital weapon?
                    it looked pretty nasty! i'm sure mckay just has to plug in a few wires in it to have a new toy to play!

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                      Did anyone hear/remember what word the Wraith ("Greg") used to refer to the Ancients? I couldnt' quite make it out... and it didn't sound like 'Ancients'.
                      He called them “Atlantains”
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                        He called them “Atlantains”
                        I thought it was just Lanteans.

Lol, for some reason I always seem to be contradicting wass in all the threads.....supose its just his fault for copying my name
                        Wier: Nice work Rodney!
                        McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
                        Wier: Yes, several times....
                        [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

No, he says Atlantean.

Good thing I taped the episode. ^_^
                          Enter my game site...

Comment

Yup, Atlanteans it is

Comment

"This ship... Is Atlantean" - The Wraith (that's actually how he's credited... darn it, I wish Sheppard could have given him a name)
                              Enter my game site...

Comment

yeah that should have been a good running gag, naming all the stray wraith shep find/has words with

Comment

Working...
                                X