Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Defiant One

Wow...I just read that thing, waz. That's so stupid!

I would think they would have to have somehow gathered alot more supplies before they make another site or Atlantis will be greatly weakened by the loss of resources. If they've had contact with Earth then maybe they've brought more people over as there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained.
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Everyone knows i love McKay, but the joke about "Maybe they're just smelling the girlish fear..", haha it makes me laugh every time. Even if it is at Mckay's expense.
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Quote Originally Posted by april_flower75
    Everyone knows i love McKay, but the joke about "Maybe they're just smelling the girlish fear..", haha it makes me laugh every time. Even if it is at Mckay's expense.
    I kept waiting for him to snap that it wasn't girlish fear, it was manly concern for everyone's wellbeing or something like that.

I think he was too concerned with the scary bug.
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Wow. Puddle Jumper Shields. The Wraith darts don't stand a chance anymore

Overall, A good episode. Most importantly, we got to see a Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM! used.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    Wow. Puddle Jumper Shields. The Wraith darts don't stand a chance anymore

Overall, A good episode. Most importantly, we got to see a Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM! used.
    out of curiosity, how can we be so sure that the shields havent been used before? i mean maybe they used them in some mission we didnt see, or maybe it happened while we were looking inside the jumper, we've just never seen anybody bother to use it on land cus its already cloaked anyway. and you'd think the ancients would've made it a little harder to jury rig a jumper...
    and those werent exactly jellyfish...
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kodamawu
    out of curiosity, how can we be so sure that the shields havent been used before? i mean maybe they used them in some mission we didnt see, or maybe it happened while we were looking inside the jumper, we've just never seen anybody bother to use it on land cus its already cloaked anyway. and you'd think the ancients would've made it a little harder to jury rig a jumper...
    and those werent exactly jellyfish...
    In The Lost City, Part 2, the Ancient Drone weapons looked like Jellyfish. Since then, they've appeared to change the CG slightly, but they are still Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM.

Second Lieutenant AsgardCarnage's Avatar

great ep, i loved it as always. i love the way shep goes about his one on one battles, like with kolya from the storm/eye. it seems like he's teasing/provoking them but its really a diverstion. it seems he has a great tacticle mind. oh and a suicide i love the darkness i hope it gets a bit darker, one thing that kind bugged me about sg1 was the lack of darkness.

a few observations about topics in the thread
    • 'Prodigy' bugs: sure its a nit pick but they were a bit similar, any poisible solutions to that problem. they are the say and choice to interact with the enviroemnt (candy bar) or has any one noticed evolution dosn't seem to work its best in the SG universe alot of specis ending up looking the same, maybe its a diffrent evolution that just looks the same. or the producers are cheap, or its a new CG company that didn't know about the prodigy bugs
    • PJ Sheilds: i think they knew the PJ had sheilds because when shep said "we can get in once u lower the sheilds" mckey wasn't freaking out going "wow we have sheilds?" he was like ok unless it faded to black to fast. also we may have never seen them because they have never been fired at at these sheilds seem to need to be interacted with (hit or shot at) to glow/show up
    • Greg: Greg was cool, gotta love any villian who goes on about doom and what not, as for him crushing the bugs, i think he might have been eating them, or just swatting them away. he was smart good to see wraith are smart on their own, they know how ancient systems work enought o by-pass the gene thing and turn on the sheild manually. to bad he got killed by the glowing jelly fish of doom but what else could shep have done he might have been killed otherwise. also him being the only wraith to refer to atlantis, maybe the ancients pulled a fast one on the wraith made em think the city was destroyed.
    • Wraith Grenades: why do the wraith have explosive grenades, they like cooked human now? it was pirtty obvius when shep found em they were grenades i just thought they were gunna be stun grenades like flashbangs or them gou'ld flash balls.

Quote Originally Posted by AsgardCarnage
    [*]Wraith Grenades: why do the wraith have explosive grenades, they like cooked human now? it was pirtty obvius when shep found em they were grenades i just thought they were gunna be stun grenades like flashbangs or them gou'ld flash balls. [/list]
    You have to remember this was 10, 000 years ago when the wraith were at war with ancients that’s the reason he was carrying grandes. The wraith cargo ship was shot down 10, 000 years ago so Greg has been on that planet for 10, 000 years.

The bugs looked like the Prodigy beings because of Mr. Breakspear's VFX department, not PDL.

Atlantis Visual Effects Supervisor

Wow... I've never been refered to as Mr Breakspear... makes me sound really serious! I'll let you in on a secret...

The bugs are real. Seriously. They live in a jam jar on the MGM lot in Vancouver. The reason they look like the prodigy bugs is quite simple. The contract the prodigy bugs signed with the producers means that whenever we do a show with "glowy yellow bugs things" that we have to use Edna, Kevin and Syd (oh... that's their real names by the way). They control the glowy bug market and there's nothing we can do about it.

We wanted to use the gargantuan pink fluffs, a race of multi-eyed scaled beings from the outskirts of the Pegasus Galaxy that we found on a scene scout last year. They wanted too much money and each bug wanted their own trailer. It just wasn't worth the legal battle in the end and so we opted to use Edna, Kev and Syd. Oh... an interesting note: There are only three bugs and we had to shoot motion control to duplicate them into hundreds.

Alas... all the vfx department had to do in The Defiant One was feed the bugs. The eat a lot on donuts and their favorite color is yellow.

Mark

Default The defiant one is ok, but disappointing (a bit of spoiler).

We see mc kay getting better, but the wraith is kind of disappointed (the actor who plays it). The episode is definatly good, but not the best.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Default Re: The defiant one is ok, but disappointing (a bit of spoiler).

Quote Originally Posted by berserklover
    We see mc kay getting better, but the wraith is kind of disappointed (the actor who plays it). The episode is definatly good, but not the best.
    I don't think this episode was even good, i'm not saying it was horrible, or the worst episode yet (because it obviously wasnt), but i would have taken an on-world SG1 episode over this. Although, i did like Mckay in this episode

I think it was the same actor who played Steve.

Second Lieutenant

Did anyone hear/remember what word the Wraith ("Greg") used to refer to the Ancients? I couldnt' quite make it out... and it didn't sound like 'Ancients'.

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by vfxsoup
    Wow... I've never been refered to as Mr Breakspear... makes me sound really serious! I'll let you in on a secret...

The bugs are real. Seriously. They live in a jam jar on the MGM lot in Vancouver. The reason they look like the prodigy bugs is quite simple. The contract the prodigy bugs signed with the producers means that whenever we do a show with "glowy yellow bugs things" that we have to use Edna, Kevin and Syd (oh... that's their real names by the way). They control the glowy bug market and there's nothing we can do about it.

We wanted to use the gargantuan pink fluffs, a race of multi-eyed scaled beings from the outskirts of the Pegasus Galaxy that we found on a scene scout last year. They wanted too much money and each bug wanted their own trailer. It just wasn't worth the legal battle in the end and so we opted to use Edna, Kev and Syd. Oh... an interesting note: There are only three bugs and we had to shoot motion control to duplicate them into hundreds.

Alas... all the vfx department had to do in The Defiant One was feed the bugs. The eat a lot on donuts and their favorite color is yellow.

Mark
    OMG! ROFLMAO! Are you sure you do visual effects and aren't actually a writer?

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by vfxsoup

Mark
    i think i'm gonna enter the visual effects market!

Chief Master Sergeant

what about the ancient orbital weapon?
    it looked pretty nasty! i'm sure mckay just has to plug in a few wires in it to have a new toy to play!

Quote Originally Posted by KayMan2k
    Did anyone hear/remember what word the Wraith ("Greg") used to refer to the Ancients? I couldnt' quite make it out... and it didn't sound like 'Ancients'.
    He called them “Atlantains”

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast