• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Defiant One (112)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 112

Sheppard's team investigates a downed Wraith ship, and find themselves stuck on a planet with a lone Wraith survivor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:39 PM.

Since I can't start any new threads in the episode discussion section, this should be fused into the official thread. I will warn for SPOILERS here and now, since this is a temporary thread for the episode.

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

I just saw it and LOVED it.

From what I could see, we've seen two new pieces of Wraith technology: A Cargo ship and a Wraith Grenade.

From what I can see the grenade has massive radius, with blast noise that can be heard for several hundreds of meters, with a lot of impact noise.
    Also, there was a LOT of development on the Wraith: we now know that if a Wraith has fed recently, they can regenerate much faster and much more damage.

What with the wraith having fed upon two men, he was able to take well over 20 P90 rounds, three full clips from a handgun and a Wraith Grenade, nearly in his face, yet KEPT ON GOING.

I believe that this is why the Ancients had a hard time during the war: the wraith are incredibly resiliant when they feed appropriately. Making their bodies nearly impossible to kill without having them vaporized.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

First I went, "Hey! It's Nyan!"

I was surprised to see those glowy enegry beings that first appeared in the episode Prodigy. Those things are cool. Maybe we'll get to know more about them!

Loved the Wraith (Greg as my mom was calling him lol). He was cool! Just about as cool as Steve!

I feel sorry for McKay. He had to see the guy... well, kill himself.

Loved how McKay and John were kind of pissed off at each other for a little while there, and then how McKay was all impaitent...

Wasn't much Teyla, Ford, or Elizabeth but hey, who needs them when we got John, McKay, and Greg??

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I found McKay's bravery quite interesting, showing that he's not just a wuss who's smart, he can dish out some kind of damage (TWO clips into that Wraith, pretty cool)

I also feel sorry for Sheppard. He got shot in the arm, he got beat on, he almost got blown up...

He needs a break...
        Enter my game site...

Comment

Have fun you wild and wacky canadians...and thanks MF
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
            I found McKay's bravery quite interesting, showing that he's not just a wuss who's smart, he can dish out some kind of damage (TWO clips into that Wraith, pretty cool)

I also feel sorry for Sheppard. He got shot in the arm, he got beat on, he almost got blown up...

He needs a break...
            That's why McKay was gonna fly home

Comment

Hey, do you think you could just merge the 'The Defiant One (112) (Spoilers)' thread with this one? Me and Gothann were having a little talk about the episode already.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                Hey, do you think you could just merge the 'The Defiant One (112) (Spoilers)' thread with this one? Me and Gothann were having a little talk about the episode already.
                Yes, it would be good to have it incorporated.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5938
                That's the link.

As for continuation... McKay seemed to have liked flying the PJ, just that... he doesn't know how to pilot squat. He needs a LOT of practice. Either that, or he was just playing around.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

No need for that now...

Oh, I also noticed something, if anyone read the "Annals of the Curator" on SciFi's site, it talks about how Wraith warriors that were injured were fed upon by the other Wraith.

I guess that small side-story has some canon to it, what with the Wraith warrior being cannibalized by "Greg" (I think that may become his unofficial name now)
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

Wasn't much of Ford, but ARMS OMG. *dies*

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
                    || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
                    || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

was i the only 1 surprised at the length of time (long for such an obvious thing-in my opinion)it took shepard to figur out that that wraith thing was a grenade?
                      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Ooh, forgot to mention something else before I go AFK.

In the showdown between Sheppard and "Greg", "Greg" learned how to use a handgun REALLY quickly... Could it be that the Wraith have advanced analysis abilities? Because, it seems to me that no wraith or ancient weapon has a finger-operated trigger. Not to mention how "Greg" had killer aim in a fast-paced skirmish.
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

Since I can't start any new threads in the episode discussion section, this should be fused into the official thread. I will warn for SPOILERS here and now, since this is a temporary thread for the episode.

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

I just saw it and LOVED it.

From what I could see, we've seen two new pieces of Wraith technology: A Cargo ship and a Wraith Grenade.

From what I can see the grenade has massive radius, with blast noise that can be heard for several hundreds of meters, with a lot of impact noise.
                          Also, there was a LOT of development on the Wraith: we now know that if a Wraith has fed recently, they can regenerate much faster and much more damage.

What with the wraith having fed upon two men, he was able to take well over 20 P90 rounds, three full clips from a handgun and a Wraith Grenade, nearly in his face, yet KEPT ON GOING.

I believe that this is why the Ancients had a hard time during the war: the wraith are incredibly resiliant when they feed appropriately. Making their bodies nearly impossible to kill without having them vaporized.
                          the thing about feeding recently is a "THEORY"-not fact
                          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                            the thing about feeding recently is a "THEORY"-not fact
                            Even so, it's consistent with what was seen in other instances. Tough Wraith warriors were taken down by less than twenty P90 bullets, yet this one was able to regenerate after having been showered with bullets.

The main thing: Steve, the Wraith warriors, and the Wraith keeper, they all seemed to have fed a very long time ago, or took way too much bodily damage to heal (in the Keeper's case, a metal rod through the gut)

McKay might be right, especially since "Greg" took the life of two men before engaging Sheppard in battle.
                            Enter my game site...

Comment

Ooh, forgot to mention something else before I go AFK.

In the showdown between Sheppard and "Greg", "Greg" learned how to use a handgun REALLY quickly... Could it be that the Wraith have advanced analysis abilities? Because, it seems to me that no wraith or ancient weapon has a finger-operated trigger. Not to mention how "Greg" had killer aim in a fast-paced skirmish.
                              I think a gun is pretty simple. You got a little place to put your figure, you aim and pull. Maybe we missed a part where Greg accidently shot himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X