No announcement yet.

The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting ep. Much love to be had for Atlantis and McKay in particular. He was Saving the Day all OVER the place in this ep!

So does this mean that he was bluffing about not being able to get the shields to work? Awww, and he sounded so believably panicked, too.

I wondered about the bandage OUTSIDE the jacket. I guess I know McKay did it himself, but wrapping it around his actual clothing seemed a bit silly. Granted, it makes the bandage MUCH more visible, but... oh well.

A few things I noticed. Ford told Teyla and Carson not to use the radios because they might be monitored, but Shep seemed to have no problem with doing that. There was another scene where the Genii said "we can't" about something and then did it a few scenes later. I'll have to rewatch to see what it was.

Sorry, but the Teyla/Sora catfight did nothing for me. Yes, I get that Sora has some serious issues with Teyla and was determined to have immediate vengeance, but the whole fight sequence seemed very gratuitous to me, and her easy capitulation at the end was a disappointment. HOWEVER... I was actually kinda hoping Sora would get the upper hand and have to be shot by Carson, who would conveniently regain consciousness in time to save Teyla.

LOVED seeing Ford get some scenes and some dialogue! Yay! And while I love his take-charge attitude, his constant nagging of Carson got old fast. Yes, we get that Carson talks too much. Maybe YOU should shut up and find another topic.

As far as shippiness goes, I could almost see Weir/McKay ship- she looked VERY grateful and impressed that he stepped in front of a gun for her and later she was huddling up against him for warmth. I wonder how cold that "rain" was, because she looked miserable.

I hope they don't overdo the cutesy Trek references. A little goes a long way...

I was kind of amazed at Shep's ruthlessness in regards to the enemy. Notice how Ford used the Wraith stunner, but Shep was shooting to kill and even told Ford that- making him leave the stunner behind. I'm really surprised that abandoned stunner didn't come into play again. I was waiting for Sora to snag it and use it on Teyla- knock her out and then truss her up and kill her by slow degrees. *shrug* ah well. And the whole thing with Shep and the reinforcements slamming into the shield... wow. That's just.... cold. Necessary, I know, but cold. I think part of the difference here is that on SG-1, when Jaffa are killed, no one really cares. Knock down a whole field of enemy Jaffa and the most you'll get is maybe a pissed off reaction from the goa'uld. But with the Genii... Sora and Kolya both showed grief at the deaths- both of the soldiers Shep killed in the hallway and all the ones impacting on the shield. Do we know the significance of the guy Kolya asked about? The one Sora said died on the shield? Was it Kolya's son? It was a great human element, anyway, and nice to see death have SOME kind of impact. I like the darkness, too. I hope TPTB continue to use it effectively.

SFX were incredible. The waves, the storm, the lighnting, the tsunami... loved it all. I was also really impressed by the lightning-charged hallways. VERY cool.

Comment

I thought it was a great episode but doesn't anyone think the life sign detector makes it easy to hide and sneak around undetected?

Comment

Lifesigns detector is a bit TOO convenient, IMO. Although that being said, you'd also think there would be some way to code in "friendly" vs. "enemy/unknown" so you can tell the difference between them beyond "He's the dot getting rid of all the other dots".

Comment

Probably, they just don't know how to do it yet.. looks at the manual for my HP h5550... erm, I mean Ancient life signs detector You should also be able to tell between Ancient (with special gene) v. Non-Ancient.

Comment

Canada, I love thee.

Okay, first of all, did I call the resolution to what was gonna happen with Weir, or what? The second that McKay stepped in front of Weir I was pointing to the screen and going Ha! I knew it! Which of course I didn't, but I still made the right prediction when I was guessing what would happen - after The Storm had aired - so I say 'yay' for me.

Moving right along, I had a blast watching this episode and my expectations for it were more or less met.

I felt kind of bad for the actors, having to be out in that rain almost the entire time, but it made for some excellent acting so I don't feel TOO bad for them.

They're certainly not taking the easy way out here, what with the deaths of the Genii, due to the raised shield. That scene sort of surprised of me, in a very un-Stargate way. It was dark and I like that.

Liked the interaction between McKay and Weir, and how they took care of each other, throughout their ordeal. They worked really well together and I have to say that this episode pushed Weir up a couple of steps on the I'm beginning to like this character - ladder. Yes, there is a ladder. Sort of.

Loved the handwritten sign by McKay.

The fight between Teyla and Sora was a lot better than I had expected. I thought they were gonna go with a couple of swings and misses, more or less, but they made it really work. And this is a side of Teyla that I want to see more of. Finally, she was acting more like a warrior and less of an eye-candy piece who only gets to wonder about the way things work back on Earth and look at people questioningly. More of this Teyla and less Home - Teyla, and I'll be happy. She could join the ranks of Weir on the ladder, if she keeps this up.

And... here's something I never thought I'd say; I saw a bit of ship between Sheppard and Weir, right after he's shot Kolya and he runs up to her to ask if she's okay. I thought it was really sweet and it didn't make me cringe at all. Wonders never cease, eh?

And I gotta say, I am loving Atlantis so very much. It has a great feel to it and I'm curious where the writers are gonna go in terms of future storylines. Can't wait for the next episode!
            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I'd like to point out the armory in this episode. Against a crate there are 4 Wraith stunners.

Spoilers to Suspicion...
              Spoiler:

Now, remind me if I'm wrong, but didn't that small team in Suspicion consist of 3 Wraith guards and Steve? Where'd they get that 4th stunner?
              Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                I'd like to point out the armory in this episode. Against a crate there are 4 Wraith stunners.

Spoilers to Suspicion...
                Spoiler:

Now, remind me if I'm wrong, but didn't that small team in Suspicion consist of 3 Wraith guards and Steve? Where'd they get that 4th stunner?
                Ebay
                Wier: Nice work Rodney!
                McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
                Wier: Yes, several times....
                [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Spoilers to Suspicion...
                  Spoiler:

Wraith are selling there merchandise on sale in Amazon LOL.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Spoilers to Suspicion...
                    Spoiler:

Wraith are selling there merchandise on sale in Amazon LOL.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this episode was, Mckay was fantastic as always. I found Ford and Becketts interaction very amusing, Beckett was so funny. The only thing I did not like about this episode was the fight between Teyla and Sora I was disappointed by it.

Comment

how did this episode end? all spoilers never told me how it ended!!! somone tell me!!!! pleasE1
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

how did they get enough power to get the sheild up!!!
                          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

So Canada is ahead of the rest of the world with Atlantis now? Ok, sure. As long as there's a new ep next week I'm fine with that.

As for the Ep, it was great. I didn't like it as much as The Storm, but as a second part of a two parter it wasn't a let down (like, say, Last Stand was to Summit).

Bits that struck a cord:

McKay getting in front of the gun - fantastic stuff there.

Sheppard's "I will kill you". Delivered so well.

Ford actually doing something for a change. Him and Becket worked quite well together. Their arguing was well placed and didn't seem forced.

Sora... . Man is she a beauty. "Cute" doesn't even describe it.

Sheppard kicking ass.

McKay's sign. LOL!

The gate shield killing the 55-men. That was brutal, and worked very well.

Kolya. He was, again, very cool.
                            Spoiler:
                            Can't wait for him to come back later in the Season

McKay and Weir, the whole way through. I am now totally in love with Tori Higginson. She was fantastic. McKay was excellent, the best he's ever been (even better than in Childhood's End).

Sora v Teyla - very nice fight. Teyla just *****slapped Sora across the room, and it was just two incredible beautiful women fighting. Can't argue with that. Hopefully Sora isn't gone for good. I like her character and I hate it when people just vanish off a show.

I'm going to watch this again tomorrow. Well worth the wait.

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Can I just add a small word about how it's nice to identify what is being spoiled? Please? "Spoilers" can mean so MANY things- spoilers for the ep being discussed, spoilers for an ep prior to the one being discussed, spoilers for something upcoming... Thanks kindly. I've just seen vague warnings a couple of times recently...

What was the thing that Ford picked up in the armory? The others left and he hung back and picked up... a grenade or something? He made it look very surreptitious- as if he didn't want the others to know...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                What was the thing that Ford picked up in the armory? The others left and he hung back and picked up... a grenade or something? He made it look very surreptitious- as if he didn't want the others to know...
                                Kind of wondered about that myself... I didn't think it looked like a Oh, wait I forgot something! scene at first glance, but I'm guessing, having watched the scene again that it wasn't supposed to be as sneaky as it looked. Still couldn't make out what it was, but I'm thinking he picked up one or two extra gun clips. Maybe.
                                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X