The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veneticuss
    Making allies with genii? I dont think it is possible anymore. Maybev just get friendly with a Genii resistance later
    Well, it's true that Sora doesn't have THAT much influence...

But, if she can become friends with Tayla and AE, she might become the one who will sway the Genii into an alliance with the Atlantis Expedition. I say alliance because friendship seems to have a strange meaning in SGA, mostly referring to being close to another person/race. Ally seems to be more of a cold term, being somewhat on equal terms.

Come to think of it, the word "Ally" has a strange meaning in the SG franchise. Friendship is a term we would use for alliance, Alliance is a term we'd call "on the same side, no more, no less"
    Enter my game site...

Comment

Obviously, the Atlantis writers are trying for a new sort of ship, the group ship (it's one big lovin' family)... or a delicate ship web... like a soap opera .

Comment

I think the Genii will be pain in SGA a** for along time they are not the sort of people who like to work with others in fighting the wraith there certain amount of arrogance in them.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Oh wow. This was a good episode

Best parts:

McKay's Do Not Touch sign.
          When the 55 died because sheppard raised the iris.
          Every scene with the outer views of the city. I'll never get over how good the VFX came out.
          sigpic

Comment

This episode had the most Ford screen time since 38 minutes. I think he had more dialogue in the Eye as well. I so laughed at McKay's sign. And im still laughing. hahaha.

And Teyla's fight was awsome. I agree (with whoever said it earlier) that I thought it would just be an excuse for a cat fight, but it really was awsome, and it had meaning. I didnt think Teyla would kick Sora's ass as easily as she did, but boy was i glad to see it, Sora needed to be put in her place. I dont think shell become a returning character tho, she isnt in any of the pictures of the other episodes.

McKay stepping in front of Wier was my favourite. It rocked.
            I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Seeing as how Sora might not be released for a while from Atlantis, due to trust issues, might be why she won't come back anytime soon, but she's a definite plot device for the Genii arc.

As for the outer scenes of the city, I found the CG effect of the shield being raised just as the tsunami hits was awesome. The break of the wave, being pushed and partially vaporized... That was really nice, excellent detail.

This is by far the best episode in the series. It's sad that most non-pirate Americans will only get to see this in January, I feel bad for THEM. I mean, this show rocked me out of my bed, all gitty and stuff, when it ended.

My review:
              Acting: 5 stars
              Looks (excluding CG): 4
              CG: 5
              Story: 5 (5++ if you saw The Storm)
              Action: 5
              Overall: 5 (I saw The Storm)

So yeah, this is the best episode yet. I hope The Siege will top this one. Then I'll be in HEAVEN!
              Enter my game site...

Comment

Nice review, that definitely was the best episode since the pilot. Maybe it's not the one I'll end up watching the most often, but as far as the action/plot was concerned, it was great. Probably spent a lot of money on it too- the CGI was really impressive. It's like watching a movie.

Personally, I'm not too concerned about Sora coming back. I watched the episode again and I still don't like her... She's like a hybrid of Goldilocks and Elle Woods. That's just my opinion though

I really wish they'd played the trailer for next week's episode!
                Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

I wish they would air a 'next time on Stargate Atlantis' but it's just not what Canadian televison likes to do lol.

I really liked Sora. I don't know what it is, but she's cool. That might just be me though.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    I really liked Sora. I don't know what it is, but she's cool. That might just be me though.
                    We all know your tastes though *coughBaalJackcough*

Comment

Well... Sora kind of grew onto me after having seen "Underground" three times before The Eye. That's why I'm a recurring-character-Sora fan.

Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        We all know your tastes though *coughBaalJackcough*
                        Hey! What's wrong with Jack/Ba'al? Jeez. Do you have a problem with Daniel/Pete too?

I like McKay, Beckett, Sheppard, Weir, Teyla, Ford, Sora, Koyla, Steve, Jonas, Luke, Pete, Osiris, Reese, Fifth, The Replicators, Nurrti, what's her face from Forsaken, and many others (I'm getting a little bored here lol), and many other pairings!

Do I make fun of you because of what pairings you like????

*cries*

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                          Well... Sora kind of grew onto me after having seen "Underground" three times before The Eye. That's why I'm a recurring-character-Sora fan.

Yay! A Sora fan! I'm all for seeing her again!

But, first on the agenda to get Beckett to be in the opening credits lol.

Comment

I'm pretty much in the same boat as veneticuss...so if anyone could PLEASE e-mail/PM me (PM preferred) with the address of a non-bit torrent site I would be deeply appreciative!!
                            sigpic
                            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

This episode was absolutely AMAZING!!!!

I like the Genii, they're cool side enemies.
                              sigpic
                              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

With the death of 60 Genii soldiers, how tough will it be for them to recuperate their losses? Assuming a total Genii population of several hundred thousand (The Athosians seem to have on the order of only several hundred people, and being highly militaristic, half of the adult population are capable enough fighters to go on missions such as these), they will have severe reservations against doing something like that again.

Comment

Working...
                                X