No announcement yet.

The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the storm is powerful enough to be a danger to Atlantis, then shouldn't the Puddle Jumper (and the trees) have been blown away even with Beckett's adjustment to make it heavier?

I'm not griping about "plotholes" or the likes - I simply what to know if this is possible in regards to the "science" of Stargate or even in the real world.

Comment

Storms always loose power when they hit land, so I would assume that would fill the "plothole".

Atlantis isn't on land, it's in the middle of the ocean where it's open storm season as it were.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Storms always loose power when they hit land, so I would assume that would fill the "plothole".

Atlantis isn't on land, it's in the middle of the ocean where it's open storm season as it were.
        Thats quite good question.

Comment

the ancients had powerful tech so it might be possible, also dont forget that if they did evac people to the mainland and atlantis was destroyed they would be stranded without access to a stargate. so i think they abandoned that approach from the beginning. but thats not to say that mckay and zelenka couldn't use the naquida generators to rig up some fields for the jumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
            If the storm is powerful enough to be a danger to Atlantis, then shouldn't the Puddle Jumper (and the trees) have been blown away even with Beckett's adjustment to make it heavier?

I'm not griping about "plotholes" or the likes - I simply what to know if this is possible in regards to the "science" of Stargate or even in the real world.
            The reason that Atlantis was in danger was bc of the HUGE tsunami that would've flooded the whole city without the shield. But storm aside, I loved the whole storyline. The cat and mouse game between Shepherd and Kolya, very dramatic. It's obvious that both men were very well trained soldiers.

Comment

theyre both pretty smart, i would guess that kolya would probably take sheppard in hand to hand combat though.

Comment

Originally posted by luckysurfer View Post
                theyre both pretty smart, i would guess that kolya would probably take sheppard in hand to hand combat though.
                Hold on to that thought...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by luckysurfer View Post
                  At this time i might agree with you. BUT after he had a year or so training with Ronon, i say shep whups him hands down.

Comment

true true, and once sheppard and ronen team up theres no need for sheppard to get his hands dirty he can stick with the p90 and let ronen take care of the rest.

Comment

Working...
                    X