• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eye (111)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111

Major Sheppard plays a dangerous game of cat and mouse with soldiers who have seized control of Atlantis and taken Weir and McKay hostage.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:44 PM.

I'm just saying this to make all you americans envy me

Comment

The official thread is http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5687

Comment

Yeah! It was so amazing.. Probably one of my favourites this season already. Oh god im not just saying this to bug you american guys either! I'm serious this episode rocks!!! WOOHOO can't wait till episode 12 next week

Comment

Well, I haven't seen it yet. But I just know that it's gonna be good. The show has been awesome so far and I just love it.

4 minutes!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Let's start with some MASSIVE spoilers, so the spoiler tag IS IN EFFECT.

Spoiler:
            I loved the way Sora switched sides at the end of the ep. She deserves more than just imprisonment, but given time she might become a great ally to the Atlantis Expedition.

On a side note, WOOHOO!!! Beckett gets to wield a P90!!!
            Enter my game site...

Comment

So I'll ask what all the rest of the Americans who can't resist spoilers want to ask.

Can someone give us a summery?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                So I'll ask what all the rest of the Americans who can't resist spoilers want to ask.

Can someone give us a summery?
                Sure, I'll give ya a short one for now, until someone with more time and a recording of the show actually gets to give more.
                BUT: SPOILERS, MASSIVE, CHEESY, SPOILERS
                -
                -
                -
                It begins with Kolya telling Sheppard that Dr. Weir is now dead. Shep. threatens Kolya, saying he'll kill him for what he has just done. Meanwhile, Dr. Weir isn't dead. Very much to the contrary, Dr. McKay stood in front of Kolya's gun, trying to sell why both Dr. Weir and himself are worth more to the Genii strike force alive then dead. Kolya reluctantly accepts, and orders them to go repair the control station for the last Grounding Station.
                Now, switch to Tayla, Ford and Beckett, all of which were stuck on the Mainland. They know of the situation on Atlantis and are hopelessly looking for a way to stay calm.
                Switch back to Atlantis (this is where everything gets really rushed in my recap). Sora sends a 3-man recon team after Shep., he uses Phosphorous grenades to cover his tracks and hide in a large area, where he kills the recon team as "revenge" for Dr. Weir, who he thinks is dead. It's then that he uses the transporters to disable the Control Tower's Naquadah generator and the generator powering Grounding Station 3. McKay, who was working on the station, says to Kolya that he can't do anything without power, so he's stuck with Dr. Weir, with very little hope of survival.
                The stranded puddlejumper gets to see The Eye of the storm, where Ford suggests to Beckett that he should pilot the jumper back to Atlantis, in hopes of aiding Sheppard. They do so, though Beckett is REALLY scared of his piloting skills.
                After that, I'm kinda sketchy on it... The Stargate is accessed by the Genii, in order to bring more troops to exterminate Sheppard. Unfortunately for them, they 60-man strike force never gets through when Shep. takes out the command tower's gate guy, and activates the gate shield. 5 of 60 men make it through alive, the rest just hit the wall and dissipate, leaving a seconds worth of yellow flashes...
                As for the rest... The jumper reaches the city, Sheppard is forced to re-establish power to the last grounding station, and a plan devised to retake the command tower is in effect, until Sora knocks out Beckett and challenges Tayla to the death, in knife-combat. Tayla says that she will likely kill Sora if she goes through with the challenge, yet Sora persists in order to avenger her father. Through the battle, Weir and McKay are back at the Command tower in order to establish the shield. They try to stall, when a report of a giant tsunami is headed for the city. A wave powerful enough to obliterate the city if the shield isn't up.
                During this time, McKay and Weir are being taken toward the gate, toward the Genii homeworld. Then Sheppard and Ford go and start taking out the rest of the strike team, liberating McKay and leaving Kolya, who has Weir as a hostage, in a standoff with Sheppard. With a few verbal exchages, Sheppard threatens that Kolya should let Dr. Weir go, but Kolya insists that Shep would never risk Weir's life in order to save her. Sheppard replies (I won't disclose it, ) and then shoots Kolya, who falls back into the gate, letting go of Weir.
                Now, Sora and Tayla are still fighting, Beckett is still knocked out, and a Tsunami is incoming in 2 minutes. Activating the shield will kill anyone not in protected areas, so if Tayla and Beckett don't get out of there NOW, they'll die.
                Now, I'll let someone else finish these spoilers.
                Last edited by Gothann; 08 November 2004, 06:16 PM.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

WOW! Holy crap I love this show so much! Teyla kicked ass! Yay for John! Poor Rodney!

Every second of this episode had me on the edge of my seat! WOW! Brilliant!

Squee!

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    WOW! Holy crap I love this show so much! Teyla kicked ass! Yay for John! Poor Rodney!

Squee!
                    Heh, don't spoil any of it without the proper tag. Americans should WATCH the show to see it's greatness, not just read about it.

There is no way to explain how any spoilers DID NOT affect the shere gittyness I had when the show ended. The acting itself was up a few notches from what has ever been seen before in SGA.
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty

Squee!
                      I'm green with envy... <--------see green.

I'm still jealous of you guys. *sobs*
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                        Heh, don't spoil any of it without the proper tag. Americans should WATCH the show to see it's greatness, not just read about it.

There is no way to explain how any spoilers DID NOT affect the shere gittyness I had when the show ended. The acting itself was up a few notches from what has ever been seen before in SGA.
                        Well, I didn't give away any plot details. Of course it's 'yay for John' and 'poor Rodney'. See what happened in the storm? And of course they gotta kick ass especially Teyla

Comment

It's the episode thread, you are allowed to spoil here, just not out in the rest of the board. I still haven't watched my VHS with the Storm on it because I hate being cliffhangered.

Comment

It's the episode thread, you are allowed to spoil here, just not out in the rest of the board. I still haven't watched my VHS with the Storm on it because I hate being cliffhangered.
                            Well, you can go watch it now while it uploads

Comment

But officially (meaning SciFi officially) it's not an aired show yet.

Technically, it is, but only to Canadians. This means many, MANY, people might not like to scroll down this thread and read the whole storyline (well, I posted about half of it semi-accurately)
                              Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                              X