Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eye (111)

Default Re: The Eye (111)

Wow!

That episode was incredible Is it just me, or does the Atlantis set seem like it goes of forever? I loved the entire look of the show, especially when Sheppard was going down the hallways with the plam pilot... er, I mean life signs detector. He kinda shocked me with the way he was willing to let all those Genii die. It's different when SG1 mow down a pack of Jaffa. Nobody gives a crap. The audience knew the backstory about the Genii, yet Sheppard had no problem killing them. I mean it's not like it was graphic or anything, but it was just... strange. Remember when Jack let that one guy die in The Other Side? They made such a huge angsty deal about it. Anyway, Atlantis isn't the same show. I'm still learning how not to compare the two

Teyla kicked ass, I thought the scene would be an excuse for a cat fight, but they wrote it really well. Continuity and all. I'd like to see her relax a little more... of course, the plot didn't call for much relaxation.

Ford had screentime! So did Beckett! I loved those two, even though they didn't get along, it brought a little realism into their scenes. Other than McKay they were pretty much the only comic relief. Wow... McKay... I still think he's perfect. He always pulls of his crazy ideas in the end. Best one liners too.

Weir... hmm. She seemed to keep a level head though it all. I'm starting to like her a little more now. Was it just me or was there some obvious Shep/Weir shippage in that episode? I'm not a shipper or anything but they seemed to play on it.

So anyway, that was certainly worth the wait. I love this show to pieces.
    Last edited by Chlex; November 8th, 2004 at 06:40 PM.

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Spoiler tags aren't really needed.

Anyways, I didn't really notice that much Shep/Weir shippage in that episode... I saw McKay/Weir! I mean, did you see him with his arm wrapped around her? lol

Loved the 'Really Really Dangerous Don't Touch' sign for the generator hehehehe.

My sister was looking through the episode, and it turns out I may have imagined the arm thing...

I swear I saw it!

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

Spoiler tags are, in fact, not necessary in the actual episode threads. The reasoning being that the episodes threads are here for the purpose of discussing said episode so anyone who ventures in here should expect exactly that.

Spoiler tags are still needed for spoilers for upcoming episodes though.

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    Spoiler tags aren't really needed.
    Loved the 'Really Really Dangerous Don't Touch' sign for the generator hehehehe.
    That was so great! I loved how Sheppard was trying to figure out what McKay would do.

Yeah, I remember the part where he had his arm around her while they were sitting in the rain. It was really short though, blink and you would've missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlex
    That was so great! I loved how Sheppard was trying to figure out what McKay would do.

Yeah, I remember the part where he had his arm around her while they were sitting in the rain. It was really short though, blink and you would've missed it.
    I'm watching part of it again. Teyla's kicking ass!

I forget that persons name! She's so cool and vengeful!

Is she going to appear in anymore episodes? Love to see her after this episode

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    I'm watching part of it again. Teyla's kicking ass!

I forget that persons name! She's so cool and vengeful!

Is she going to appear in anymore episodes? Love to see her after this episode
    I'm not completely sure if I liked Sora. I mean the idea of her character was great, but her voice is so... annoying. I'm not sure why, but it was really distracting. The whole revenge thing was cool, but there's no way she could have taken Teyla.

Cool Re: The Eye (111)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothann
    Heh, don't spoil any of it without the proper tag. Americans should WATCH the show to see it's greatness, not just read about it.

There is no way to explain how any spoilers DID NOT affect the shere gittyness I had when the show ended. The acting itself was up a few notches from what has ever been seen before in SGA.
    If Americans are on this thread, they should know what they're getting into... Like me.

Well um *cough* is available to download now.

Cool Re: The Eye (111)

Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz
    If Americans are on this thread, they should know what they're getting into... Like me.
    Sometimes I wish I was a Canadian...

REASONS TO MOVE TO CANADA:

-BusH for 4 more Years? Ack for me.
    -STARGATE!

Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz
    Sometimes I wish I was a Canadian...
    If it makes you feel any better, we just got season 7 of SG1. So it's not all that great. Not to mention all the snow we get in Canada... but that's off topic.

That episode was awesome.

First Lieutenant Angel of Fire SG1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chlex
    If it makes you feel any better, we just got season 7 of SG1. So it's not all that great. Not to mention all the snow we get in Canada... but that's off topic.
    Snow ain't stopping me moving to Canada!!!! I LOVE snow!!!!

And you guys think ur far behind
    Where I live we just hit season 7 ....we're up to Orpheus!!!

AND OMG THE EYE THAT WAS THE COOLEST EPISODE SO FAR OF ATLANTIS! I LOVED IT SOO MUCH!

Ford was SOO cool!! And I saw Shep/Weir ship although did notice McKay's arm round Weir so ur not imagining things

Can't wait for next week

I think that the Shep/Weir ship was mostly toward the beginning, when Sheppard says he'll KILL Kolya for having "killed" Weir.

Then, later, he says that Kolya would kill Weir and McKay, only to torture Shep's mind... (possible affection for Weir, visible awkward friendship between McKay and Shep)

I also love McKay's line "In case you haven't noticed, I'm an extremely arrogant person who thinks ALL of his plans will work!" Heh, looks like McKay KNOWS he's arrogant, but won't do crap about it.

On a side note.... Beckett with a P90!!!!!!!!! How awesome is that!!

I absolutely loved McKay! See how he was so angsty looking when Koyla was on the radio and they kept switching to him? And he stood in front of Weir! And he pulled a good lie there at the end.

I just loved John too. "I will kill you." He was so mad he wasn't even yelling anymore lol.

'Really Really Dangerous Don't Touch'. Hehehe.

Ford got a purpose in this episode! And Beckett did a couple Star Trek references lol. 'I'm a medical doctor not a magician.'

I loved how Beckett could never shut up lol.

And Teyla kicking ass was great.

Beckett's referrences to Star Trek seem to come from a continuation of the remark Sheppard made about Beckett in "Poisoning The Well", where Shep states that Beckett seems to portray Dr. McKoy, right after Beckett starts talking about how uncomfortable he is with gate travel.

I think we've found who will be the Star Trek referral. ^_^ (talking about a mirror to Jack's remarks about "Phasers" in SG-1, it comes up a few times...)

And I loved how Sora helped Tayla carry Beckett at the end of the episode. She MIGHT be a new recurring character. *Rushes off to create a Sora fandom thread*

I just felt bad at the end of the episode when they were talking about how basically everything was peachy keen... sorta hoped they'd acknowledge the two red shirts that died in the first part .

Btw, hello folks, first time poster (obviously)

I agree Blueicus, things did clean up conveniently in the end... but after all the drama, I needed a stress-free ending.

Beckett running around with a gun was fantastic! He looked so awkward holding it, epecially next to Ford who was all militant about everything. I have to say, the entire episode was really planned out well, they didn't stay stuck in one scene for very long, it kept moving. We saw some great leadership from both Sheppard and Ford. The fact that they're AF means that we don't have to wait for them to have a 20 minute discussion on what they should do next. It was all about following orders, I liked that.

That's it! Atlantis ships are too confusing, I'm giving up on it for now. Why can't everything be as obvious as S/J?

As for ship, it's strange, but everyone seems to be too casual with everyone else, causing a LOT of problems in finding out who cares for who. Personally I'm kind of neutral for Atlantis ship right now.

Ooh, I just remembered something... I found it quite cool when Tayla took Sora's knife and threw it straight down. It made a dent in the floor! (which is strange)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast