Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Times You Watch The Better It Gets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree! It's one of those that get better and better each time.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
      I agree! It's one of those that get better and better each time.
      This talk makes me want to bust out the DVD right about now. I haven't seen it in a while.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I watched AOT straight after finishing season 10 (watched that over the weekend) and I really enjoyed it. It felt like an extended episode rather than a stand-alone movie which was fine with me.

Comment

I really liked it the first time, and continue to enjoy it each time I see it. Continuum, too.

Comment

The first time I saw it, I did like it very much. But at the second time it made more sense, and now I truly like it.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              I really liked it the first time, and continue to enjoy it each time I see it. Continuum, too.
              They both get better each time I watch them... or at least they never get old.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I just went out yesterday and bought The Ark of Truth and Continuum. I'm now just about to watch The Ark of Truth for the very first time.... I'll check back in 102 minutes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I just went out yesterday and bought The Ark of Truth and Continuum. I'm now just about to watch The Ark of Truth for the very first time.... I'll check back in 102 minutes.
                  I hope that you didn't get spoilered too much. It's the kind of movie where the first viewing is infinately more satisfying if you are surprised. I worked hard not to be spoilered and I'm very glad of it. I was still spoilered some for both the movies. I plan to leave the forum entirely ince the next SG-1 movie has been filmed to avoid the happening again-until it's released...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                    I hope that you didn't get spoilered too much. It's the kind of movie where the first viewing is infinately more satisfying if you are surprised. I worked hard not to be spoilered and I'm very glad of it. I was still spoilered some for both the movies. I plan to leave the forum entirely ince the next SG-1 movie has been filmed to avoid the happening again-until it's released...
                    Nope i'm watching it right now, and I have also tried very hard not to have it spoiled and thus far, I havn't even been in this sub-forum yet, so it looks promising.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Nope i'm watching it right now, and I have also tried very hard not to have it spoiled and thus far, I havn't even been in this sub-forum yet, so it looks promising.
                      Yay!!

Comment

I agree. The last time I watched it was when I bought the two in Blu-Ray. I can tell you that alone made it better. Blu-Ray is great. I like them both better in Blu-Ray.

Comment

The first time I watched it, I hadn't seen any of SG1 which was a bit silly. So on my 2nd and 3rd viewing, not only did I actually know what the heck was going on, but I found it more and more enjoyable.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was severely disappointed with it the first time I saw it. It just seemed incredibly stupid to me and poorly written. It's like Robert Cooper had a gun pointed at his head and someone told him he had a day to write it. I still don't like it, but the only reason I watch it is because I'll watch seasons 9/10 and then have to watch it to view the completion of the Ori storyline.

Robert Cooper has always been hit or miss as a writer/director for the series. When he hits, he hits a home run every time. He's responsible for some of the best episodes of the series...but when he misses, he misses bad. It really sucks the last two project he wrote and directed for SG1 were subpar ("Unending" and Ark of Truth).

Comment

TAOT still looks like a cheaply shot yawn that had so much potential, although I love Joel Goldsmith's score. Continuum, on the other hand, looks and feels like something from the Showtime era, I still love it.
                              This time... it's war!

Comment

Originally posted by Frontastic View Post
                                I just finished watching AOT again, I think this is my fourth time. And I have to say, each time I watch it I enjoy even more. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Guess its just one of those movies!
                                I feel the same. The dialogue and the performances, not to mention some of the imagery are really top notch, there's time to really make the most of each scene which they don't really get in the series. I enjoyed Continuum too, but it's more of a two part episode than a movie, very flashy but nothing really cinematic about it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X