Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: More Times You Watch The Better It Gets?

Quote Originally Posted by amconway View Post
    I really liked it the first time, and continue to enjoy it each time I see it. Continuum, too.
    They both get better each time I watch them... or at least they never get old.

Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*

I just went out yesterday and bought The Ark of Truth and Continuum. I'm now just about to watch The Ark of Truth for the very first time.... I'll check back in 102 minutes.

I just went out yesterday and bought The Ark of Truth and Continuum. I'm now just about to watch The Ark of Truth for the very first time.... I'll check back in 102 minutes.
    I hope that you didn't get spoilered too much. It's the kind of movie where the first viewing is infinately more satisfying if you are surprised. I worked hard not to be spoilered and I'm very glad of it. I was still spoilered some for both the movies. I plan to leave the forum entirely ince the next SG-1 movie has been filmed to avoid the happening again-until it's released...

Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*

Quote Originally Posted by amconway View Post
    I hope that you didn't get spoilered too much. It's the kind of movie where the first viewing is infinately more satisfying if you are surprised. I worked hard not to be spoilered and I'm very glad of it. I was still spoilered some for both the movies. I plan to leave the forum entirely ince the next SG-1 movie has been filmed to avoid the happening again-until it's released...
    Nope i'm watching it right now, and I have also tried very hard not to have it spoiled and thus far, I havn't even been in this sub-forum yet, so it looks promising.

Nope i'm watching it right now, and I have also tried very hard not to have it spoiled and thus far, I havn't even been in this sub-forum yet, so it looks promising.
    Yay!!

I agree. The last time I watched it was when I bought the two in Blu-Ray. I can tell you that alone made it better. Blu-Ray is great. I like them both better in Blu-Ray.

The first time I watched it, I hadn't seen any of SG1 which was a bit silly. So on my 2nd and 3rd viewing, not only did I actually know what the heck was going on, but I found it more and more enjoyable.

I was severely disappointed with it the first time I saw it. It just seemed incredibly stupid to me and poorly written. It's like Robert Cooper had a gun pointed at his head and someone told him he had a day to write it. I still don't like it, but the only reason I watch it is because I'll watch seasons 9/10 and then have to watch it to view the completion of the Ori storyline.

Robert Cooper has always been hit or miss as a writer/director for the series. When he hits, he hits a home run every time. He's responsible for some of the best episodes of the series...but when he misses, he misses bad. It really sucks the last two project he wrote and directed for SG1 were subpar ("Unending" and Ark of Truth).

TAOT still looks like a cheaply shot yawn that had so much potential, although I love Joel Goldsmith's score. Continuum, on the other hand, looks and feels like something from the Showtime era, I still love it.
    This time... it's war!

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Frontastic View Post
    I just finished watching AOT again, I think this is my fourth time. And I have to say, each time I watch it I enjoy even more. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Guess its just one of those movies!
    I feel the same. The dialogue and the performances, not to mention some of the imagery are really top notch, there's time to really make the most of each scene which they don't really get in the series. I enjoyed Continuum too, but it's more of a two part episode than a movie, very flashy but nothing really cinematic about it at all.

Just got round to watching the the dvd I got a while ago, first time i'd seen it since it was originally shown on sky and definately enjoyed it more this time round.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Frontastic View Post
    I just finished watching AOT again, I think this is my fourth time. And I have to say, each time I watch it I enjoy even more. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Guess its just one of those movies!
    I don't think I could ever get sick of this movie.

I didn't watch Ark of Truth until after Continuum was already out, and all the reviews were saying Continuum was much better than Ark of Truth. The implication was that Ark of Truth was sorta mediocre or bad. When I watched it I was like what the hell... I didn't think even a follow-up movie could be expected to do a great job of actually making the end of the season 9/10 storyline exciting, but this movie really did.

REPLICATORS! Omg. No matter how much people may complain that it's an overused enemy in Stargate, every hair on my body stood on end when that moron made a Replicator. There aren't many villains that give you that kind of effect! Great way to work them back into the story, it didn't feel cheap to me at all like the SGA "Asurans."

Same here, have never experienced that feeling before - funny.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12