Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Anyone here still watch Criminal Minds?

I actually don't, but I'm curious what people's reaction might be to the casting news for next season.

Spoiler:
    As a non-viewer, it seems a little weird to me that a show would focus on the female characters when cutting costs, but I'm wondering what a fan viewpoint might be.
    WHAT THE HELL?!?! Why the hell get rid of the females. Why not get rid of one of the males? This sounds very bloody sexist to me, the way they're just focusing on the females to make cuts. All I can say is if they get rid of AJ Cook then I won't be watching no longer Why don't they get rid of Rossi? I never really did take to him.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Well this sucks. I still watch the show and enjoy most of the episodes. I like the whole ensemble,
    Spoiler:
    and really don't want to see anyone leave.
    This sounds very sexist, cutting the two female agents, whilst leaving the boys alone.

Here in the UK we've just seen the episode introducing the 'new' team, which will be used in a spin-off. I, personally, thought the episode was very weak, and the new team was awful. Perhaps if CBS ditched this spin-off, they could afford to keep the females of the original team.
    Yeah sexist is an understatement

I saw that ep with the "other" team. I don't like that other team. Spin offs sometimes don't work IMO - NCIS Los Angeles. CSI Miami. Both pretty poor spin offs.
    sigpic

Comment

UPDATE - apparently it's not all financial reasons.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Oh that makes bloody sense, get rid of one female character and reduce another to make way for a new one female character? The logic of these guys astounds me

Here's an idea, instead of getting rid of JJ and reducing Prentiss why not actually give them something to bloody do Have these guys been taking lessons from the guys on SGA?

Like I said before, If they do go through with getting rid of JJ then this is one fan they will be losing. I'm getting sick of them screwing us fans over time and time again. I may be a measly UK viewer and I may not count in the viewing figures that matter over in the US but I don't care. If these guys don't care about their fans then why should we care about them?
        sigpic

Comment

But you never ever see JJ do much on the show.... Paget Brewster's character however does tons and she should stay...... I get aggravated by the computer girl.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think it's lame to dump the female characters. Criminal Minds is one show that actually does a better than average job with the women. I like the Prentiss character. She actually contributes to solving the crimes. If they get rid of anyone, it should be the Rossi character. He's tolerable, but I liked Gideon better.
            Disciple sift through lies, few grains of truth behold
            Explorer specter rise, the dream that brought you low

Comment

Originally posted by PTree View Post
              I think it's lame to dump the female characters. Criminal Minds is one show that actually does a better than average job with the women. I like the Prentiss character. She actually contributes to solving the crimes. If they get rid of anyone, it should be the Rossi character. He's tolerable, but I liked Gideon better.
              That is why I said keep Paget Brewster she actually contributes to the show. I'm still finding the computer girl annoying. At least she does not dominate episodes....... Would be cool if they did shows delving into each individual character more.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                That is why I said keep Paget Brewster she actually contributes to the show. I'm still finding the computer girl annoying. At least she does not dominate episodes....... Would be cool if they did shows delving into each individual character more.
                Garcia can be a bit over the top, but overall, I like her quirkiness, and she and Morgan are kind of cute at times. That show can be kind of dark, so it's good to have a little bit of lightness every now and again. I really don't want them to delve too much in the character's backgrounds. They've done it with Spencer, Morgan and to some degree Hotchner, but too much of that interferes with the crime-solving and takes away from the team aspect of the show, which is what I enjoy the most.

Comment

Garcia can be a bit over the top, but overall, I like her quirkiness, and she and Morgan are kind of cute at times. That show can be kind of dark, so it's good to have a little bit of lightness every now and again. I really don't want them to delve too much in the character's backgrounds. They've done it with Spencer, Morgan and to some degree Hotchner, but too much of that interferes with the crime-solving and takes away from the team aspect of the show, which is what I enjoy the most.
                  I get that but I'd like to know more about Prentiss and find out more about her

Comment

I get that but I'd like to know more about Prentiss and find out more about her
                    I recall one episode where we got background on her. It was the one that involved murders that were couched as exorcisms, and one of her childhood friends was among the victims. I can't remember which season that was in, but it was a pretty good episode.

Comment

I recall one episode where we got background on her. It was the one that involved murders that were couched as exorcisms, and one of her childhood friends was among the victims. I can't remember which season that was in, but it was a pretty good episode.

Ooh I'll have to find that one. Thanks

Comment

Ooh I'll have to find that one. Thanks
                        You are welcome.

Comment

Last week on TV there was a movie starring Paget Brewster who we know as Emily Prentiss in Criminal Minds. The movie was actually reasonably good and so was she.

The movie was "Lost Behind Bars"

Paget played a writer of true crime books gets interested in the case of a young man in prison soon to be on death row. She starts investigating the case to find he may well be innocent. it's a good movie.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Coco Pops. Might have to check that one out.

Comment

Hi There. Has anyone thought of a thread for Criminal Minds?
                              It's a top show about the FBI Human Behaviour Unit. The show itself has won a few awards.

There is some eye candy in there for the ladies and men. A few well known stars have guest in the show. So if there is anybody interested in this? Your help is welcome.
                              C.J.

Comment

I love CM! Garcia rocks
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X