Criminal Minds TV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, but poor patchet needs some new bangs

I like all the characters, although at times i feel that reed gets over played. I like how mantegna changed things up a bit,a nd i like the garcia romance angle with her fellow puter geek
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, i've seen that one and yeah, he is scary

like some have said up thread, and i hope you weren't spoiled - if you don't want to be, don't read up, the mitch pileggi one is good

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I like all the characters, although at times i feel that reed gets over played. I like how mantegna changed things up a bit,a nd i like the garcia romance angle with her fellow puter geek

I agree about Reed they over do him a lot. Kind of annoying sometimes.

Garcia.... Are they trying to coppy Abby from NCIS?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Not really. I did like Mandy Patinkin for the way he did his character but I have no real favourites....
          I too thought Gideon was a fantastic character.

I've got to give kudo to TPTB for the way they played Patinkin's exit to the audience. That sort of thing had the potential to sink the show, but the way they played his exit to the public I think turned people against the actor enough (at least subconsciously) for them not to mind the switch up too much. Well played.

But I do like Patchet Brewster, fiesty and tough
          Paget, I think you mean.

I too like Emily a lot. I love her toughness and her compassion. Great mix there.

TPTB have these characters very well balanced.

Yeah, Reid does get overplayed. I don't mind his character, but I definitely would appreciate a little less focus on his character. He's gotten quite a few significant development episodes and the others haven't gotten nearly as many, I don't think.

I'd like some more Hotch too, please.

I know that a lot of people think Thomas Gibson played him too wooden, but I think that's spot on for the character. And he doesn't play him that way at all the time. Hotch is very reserved and yet when it really matters, we do see glimpses of emotion. Remember "Minimal Loss"...
          Spoiler:

when Prentiss is getting beat up and they'll all listening in and can't do anything about it? You definitely see it there.
          sigpic

Comment

Criminal Minds

The show starts again tonight Wednesday night here in Australia and Jason Alexander (George form Seinfeld) plays a scary unsub in tonights show.
            Scary unsub, but I'm iffy on the episode.

Watch it and let us know what you think.

Garcia.... Are they trying to coppy Abby from NCIS?
            Dear God no!

I know she's a popular character, but I personally can't stand Abby while I love Garcia. I think they're very different.
            sigpic

Comment

Ta thanks Pandora. Paget Brewster I mean.

Hey for her tough chick part didn't she get beaten up once on the show?

or maybe another of the female cast I seem to recall getting a bloodied face from being beaten.

Comment

Ta thanks Pandora. Paget Brewster I mean.

Hey for her tough chick part didn't she get beaten up once on the show?

or maybe another of the female cast I seem to recall getting a bloodied face from being beaten.
                That was in the episode Minimal Loss.

And Garcia did get shot once.

And JJ was attacked by dogs.

So they're all tough.

I love a show that's not afraid to make its women both tough and compassionate. Awesomeness!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

I know she's a popular character, but I personally can't stand Abby while I love Garcia. I think they're very different.

I like Abby but feel they overdo her.... On ther other hand why I thought that they might have borrowed some Abbiness is her geekiness seems a bit overdone sometimes.

Comment

That was in the episode Minimal Loss.

And Garcia did get shot once.

And JJ was attacked by dogs.

So they're all tough.

I love a show that's not afraid to make its women both tough and compassionate. Awesomeness!

I don't remember Minimal Loss, was a previous season to the one we are gettign now with George from Seinfeld hehe.....

I felt terribly sorry for Garcia when she was shot, that guy knew just the right buttons to push to get close to her.

And I dont' remember JJ being attacked by dogs.

Comment

I don't remember Minimal Loss, was a previous season to the one we are gettign now with George from Seinfeld hehe.....
                      Third episode of Season 4 (current season).

Spoilers for it here...
                      Spoiler:
                      Prentiss and Reid are undercover as social workers at a religious commune after getting an anonymous phone call claiming that young girls are being molested. They have the unfortunate luck of being there when another branch of the government attempts a raid, fails, and the leader holds everyone inside hostage. He figures out that one of them is an FBI agent, Prentiss confesses it's her (to save Reid) and gets beat up for it.

I felt terribly sorry for Garcia when she was shot, that guy knew just the right buttons to push to get close to her.
                      I know, but I'm glad we didn't have to suffer through an emotionally-scarred-for-life storyline.

And I dont' remember JJ being attacked by dogs.
                      Ummm.....

Second season episode where Reid is kidnapped by the unsub played by James van der Beek. JJ was checking out a barn on the premises and ran into a couple dogs that the unsub had used to "dispose" of another victim. She shot them both, but I think was injured also.
                      sigpic

Comment

Third episode of Season 4 (current season).

Spoilers for it here...
                        Spoiler:
                        Prentiss and Reid are undercover as social workers at a religious commune after getting an anonymous phone call claiming that young girls are being molested. They have the unfortunate luck of being there when another branch of the government attempts a raid, fails, and the leader holds everyone inside hostage. He figures out that one of them is an FBI agent, Prentiss confesses it's her (to save Reid) and gets beat up for it.

Ah now I remember that was the WACO type episode from near the end of last year... Oh yeah she was pretty tough taking that beating, and not blowing her cover.

Comment

garcia is fun, although like abby, she can be overused upon occasion.

i'm all for seeing people being allowed to be quirky, but sometimes the writers/directors take things a bit too far.

although, with the last eps we saw - that was a re-run - where they're chasing down a seemingly random shooter in the subways of new york, garcia opens her purse and drags out a handful of little stufies, etc.

she explains it as 'this is how i deal with seeing what i see, i distance myself from the horrors by surrounding myself with 'fun' and make the space 'mine' ' (very paraphrased and interpreted)

but it explains some of garcia. she's colorfully quirky and odd to distance herself from the endless stream of horror and violence that's part of her job

sigpic

Comment

garcia is fun, although like abby, she can be overused upon occasion.

i'm all for seeing people being allowed to be quirky, but sometimes the writers/directors take things a bit too far.

although, with the last eps we saw - that was a re-run - where they're chasing down a seemingly random shooter in the subways of new york, garcia opens her purse and drags out a handful of little stufies, etc.

she explains it as 'this is how i deal with seeing what i see, i distance myself from the horrors by surrounding myself with 'fun' and make the space 'mine' ' (very paraphrased and interpreted)

but it explains some of garcia. she's colorfully quirky and odd to distance herself from the endless stream of horror and violence that's part of her job
                            And I suspect doing that is a really good thing. It keeps her balanced. And it'd be the kind of thing I would also do, except instead of stuffed toys I'd have autobots scattered abuot.

OMG we had the episode with Jason Alexander today....... That was crrepy... "shudders"

Comment

they are very creepy

which is kinda what makes it intriguing. i know my mom doesn't watch it because she finds it too violent, but i find it less violent than csi but often far creepier.

I do think they need to dig into the others a bit more. Let hotch have a turn, it's about time for...oh the black guy (just blanked on his name) to have a bit. spencer needs to be dialed back a bit and lose some of the focus on him.

they haven't overly misbalanced by and large, but i know last season after they had about half a dozen episodes that focused on spencer, i was like 'enough already'.

At least they haven't done an 'er'....focused so much on the characters' lives that the show is more of a soap than it is what it started out to be, which was stories of the patients. (i'm glad er is ending, becuse it needs to, they've just about worn it out and i think the only thing that's getting it some leeway right now is because people know it's ending, so they tolerate the self-indulgence)

sigpic

Comment

they are very creepy

which is kinda what makes it intriguing. i know my mom doesn't watch it because she finds it too violent, but i find it less violent than csi but often far creepier.

I do think they need to dig into the others a bit more. Let hotch have a turn, it's about time for...oh the black guy (just blanked on his name) to have a bit. spencer needs to be dialed back a bit and lose some of the focus on him.

they haven't overly misbalanced by and large, but i know last season after they had about half a dozen episodes that focused on spencer, i was like 'enough already'.

At least they haven't done an 'er'....focused so much on the characters' lives that the show is more of a soap than it is what it started out to be, which was stories of the patients. (i'm glad er is ending, becuse it needs to, they've just about worn it out and i think the only thing that's getting it some leeway right now is because people know it's ending, so they tolerate the self-indulgence)
                                Oh for sure........ ER has had everything bar an alien invasion
                                Last edited by Coco Pops; 04 February 2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X