Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criminal Minds TV Show

Does anyone watch Criminal Minds?

Just watched the saddest episode of that last night.

This guy who writes graphic novels driven mad because this gang attacked him and his girlfriend, and they made him watch as they attacked and killed her...

Actually they never really revealed the girl's actual fate in the episode because the guy kept calling her phon expecting her to be there and all he got was her answering machine.

But it was such a sad story. He became psychotic after the attack where he himself was nearly eviscerated alive....

Eventually he singlehandedly killed all the gang members who were known to the police, and arrested. I just felt so bad for him, that they even had to charge him.

The very end of the show we see him in a mental hospital stil doing his comic drawings and work, but also still trying to call a girl who doesn't live any more. Very sad....

I mean he did society a favour really be cleaning out the trash... How people can live like that and live doing evil....
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

i enjoy criminal minds too. maybe not so much the character driven stuff of this last season, but the show overall.

they - like no other show really - delve into the psychosis behind the killers. CSI uses science and clues, CM uses mental power to catch the baddies.

It's one of my Wed night 'can't miss' shows
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i enjoy criminal minds too. maybe not so much the character driven stuff of this last season, but the show overall.

they - like no other show really - delve into the psychosis behind the killers. CSI uses science and clues, CM uses mental power to catch the baddies.

It's one of my Wed night 'can't miss' shows

Over here we have it Monday night and Wednesday night... But that last episode I spoke of really stuck in my head. I wish we had known the fate of the girlfriend for sure.

Comment

Started rewatching the episodes because the wait for the next new one is bugging me.

I would like to profess my love for Aaron Hotchner.

That is all.
        sigpic

Comment

the girlfriend is dead

that's what pushed the artist guy over the edge, the street punk killing the girlfriend. so he had a mental break, took refuge in being the avenging angel character and, the last scene where we see him in a cell leaving messages, he can't accept that she's gone, so will likely remain in the asylum until he can accept that she's dead

sigpic

Comment

the girlfriend is dead

that's what pushed the artist guy over the edge, the street punk killing the girlfriend. so he had a mental break, took refuge in being the avenging angel character and, the last scene where we see him in a cell leaving messages, he can't accept that she's gone, so will likely remain in the asylum until he can accept that she's dead
            I think his psychosis is too extreme for him to ever accept that; either he's innately too mentally weak to ever move on (which is a possibility) or he just prefers to live in his delusion.

But even if he does make it out, he'll just be imprisoned for the rest of his life. Living in an asylum is probably preferable to prison, I would think.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah, a far kinder place for him to be

and i agree, his break with reality was so deep and so far reaching i don't think he can ever accept what he witnessed

sigpic

Comment

the girlfriend is dead

That was a haunting episode. Some of them just stick with you and for me that one stuck with me for a while. One can imagine the trauma of beint made to watch as your wife / lover, whatever is killed and or raped ior in this case both right in front of you... It would scar you for life.

Comment

There was an episode in this season that really stuck with me. Oddly enough, another case of a man living a delusion.

Normal (Mitch Pellegi was the guest star and unsub).

Spoiler:
                  I didn't fully understand his situation until the last few minutes after we'd learnt what had really happend to his youngest daughter and then that he'd actually killed his family before going on the murdering spree. And when everything came to light, even knowing what he'd done, I couldn't help but feel sympathy for that man.

It's interesting that despite what he'd done, a part of me kept thinking, "if only."

If only his daughter hadn't been killed.

If only that woman hadn't been so rude and caustic on the road to him.

Was it the daughter's death that triggered everything that came afterwards or was it the woman in the car?

Refresh my memory, please. Why did he have the shotgun with him in the beginning?
                  sigpic

Comment

i THINK
                    Spoiler:
                    he had just killed his family and was 'fleeing' the scene. the the woman made him mad, so he shot her, and took himself back home to 'hide' what he'd done.

he was then faced with the 'reality' and instead chose to live in his fantasy, and live out his fantasy 'avenger' character.

when the agents entered the house the bodies had started to decompose, but not so badly that you coultn' really smell it through the closed doors, so it'd been a few days or maybe a week or two (likely depending on the temp of the house)

i can't recal how long the rampage went on for.

but yeah, that was one that kept you guessing until the very end

sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for Normal
                      Spoiler:

But after he shot the first woman (the raging driver), didn't he go to his wife's office party? Or was that part of the delusion as well?
                      sigpic

Comment

i can't recall. that's one where you need to watch teh ending, then watch the beginning just to 'get' it all

sigpic

Comment

Anyone have a favourite episode and/or character?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            Anyone have a favourite episode and/or character?

Not really. I did like Mandy Patinkin for the way he did his character but I have no real favourites....

But I do like Patchet Brewster, fiesty and tough

Comment

Criminal Minds

The show starts again tonight Wednesday night here in Australia and Jason Alexander (George form Seinfeld) plays a scary unsub in tonights show.

Comment

Working...
                              X