Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did...? (spoilers for The Seed, regarding Keller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjp240573 View Post
    the retrovirus can manipulate cells and active DNA growth, so this is what must have happened. How else can it make a wrath turn into human and back again.
    It's not the same retrovirus as the one that turns Wraith into humans (which is impossible through scientific means, that's just some BS the writers made up. In order to turn the Wraith into humans, the retrovirus would have to literally rebuild the Wraith's DNA cell by cell and then mutate most of their body... and somehow this can be reversed).

A retrovirus =/= The retrovirus

If it's so great at healing wounds and stuff, why is John in the infirmary? Why not inject John with some of it to instantly heal him like it did Jennifer?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Bad writing? Who'd expect that.

No, seriously, I totally agree about the "Oh, people don't get traumatized on Atlantis"-part. Jennifer woke up without being able to move, told there's a creature growing out her body, then they just randomly leave her and shut the power off, leaving her alone.

Then, at some point, the creature took over her friggin' body and used it to speak its mind and she had tendrils and tentacles growing out of her body and covering it (at least her face).

Yet she's all smiles and jokes at the end. Hmmmm...
      When the scene came up where they just shut off the lights without an explanation I was a little appalled at that doctors bedside manners. And I actually felt sorry for Keller (and I really don't like Keller). Anyway, it bothered me at the end that she was totally fine. The reset button again...

Off Topic: So there you have it, the best way TPTB have to make me like Keller is to have other characters be total jerks to her!

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      It's possible that because she was the main host that the injection reacted quite quickly to heal her. John was more gravely injured since he wasn't healed by the retrovirus after he was impaled.
      Eh? I don't think it would have healed a stab wound. Even if it can somehow heal the tentacles.
      "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
        A wizard did it?
        lol! Bingo. We have a winner. That's as good as anything else tptb could have come up with.

I just totally blew off that miraculous recovery, as trying to come up with some believable excuse was pointless.

It took Shep weeks to recover from turning into a Wraith in Conversion. Slightly different situation but still....
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          It's possible that because she was the main host that the injection reacted quite quickly to heal her. John was more gravely injured since he wasn't healed by the retrovirus after he was impaled.
          What kind of a BS retrovirus is this? Oh, it can heal numerous holes (that go pretty deep) in someone's body... but only if they're hosts the pathogen!

Getting rid of the pathogen and healing the body are two different things. Also, explain why Ronon still needs healing? Or can this magical pathogen cure only heal big gaping holes and not bruised larynges?

Comment

If that virus really has the ability to basically instantly heal massive tissue damage like that then they've basically invented the classic video game "health pack" here. You get shot a bunch of times, use one and like magic allt he holes are gone and you're all better right on the spot.

If the next episode doesn't include everyone going out into the field carrying a bunch of health packs with them I'm going to have to assume they all have some sort of warped death wish.

I'm also going to echo the poster that talked about how them basically abandoning Keller in a locked dark room with the organism that was slowly devouring her had no impact what so ever on her cheerful friendly demeanor.

I know it might not be the most rational thing from a purely logical perspective but I'm inclined to think that having something like that done to you might just put a little bit of you know, strain, on some of your new budding friendships.

**** no one even stayed on and tried to comfort her over the damn intercom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
              Not so far fetched. Did anyone else feel like they were watching a rehashed version of Sleeping Beauty at the end? The valient prince must cut his way through the evil brambles/tentacles, while the beautiful maiden lies helpless on her bed waiting for rescue. Granted, Keller wasn't so beautiful lying there draped in goo, but still....
              No, that would be too 2D.

Wait...
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                A wizard did it?
                Best explination I've heard
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  What kind of a BS retrovirus is this? Oh, it can heal numerous holes (that go pretty deep) in someone's body... but only if they're hosts the pathogen!

Getting rid of the pathogen and healing the body are two different things. Also, explain why Ronon still needs healing? Or can this magical pathogen cure only heal big gaping holes and not bruised larynges?
                  It was engineered to specifically get rid of the pathogen and truthfully she could still have plenty of scars we couldn't see since she was wearing clothes.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As for the "trama" i think it's likely that she doesn't remember much of being a host.

And it wasn't a retrovirus that cured her, it was a PHAGE, short for bacteriophage, look it up on wikipedia. I think what happened was that it ate away the tendrils, because they were part of the infection.

And, if the tendrils were growing from her skin, and not from the inside, they would just fall off, apparently leaving minimal/no scarring.

Comment

Working...
                    X