Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seed - Continuum Plothole!!

So right.. SPOILERS!!!

So.. The seed takes place about a month after Search and Rescue.. and I guess the events of Continuum happened within that time..

and we know everyone on the planet in S&R was infected, including carter..

So why didn't she change in the year she spent in the alternate timeline???

HA!!!

I don't think we know exactly when Continuum took place. Could very well have been after the events of The Seed.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
      So why didn't she <spoiler for Continuum>???

HA!!!
      Uh, nice spoilers.
      I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
        I don't think we know exactly when Continuum took place. Could very well have been after the events of The Seed.
        Here, here.
        Meh.

Comment

So right.. SPOILERS!!!

So.. The seed takes place about a month after Search and Rescue.. and I guess the events of Continuum happened within that time..

HA!!!
          Plot hole debunked.

Continuum spoilers:
          Spoiler:
          Carter dies in the alternate timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
            Plot hole debunked.

Continuum spoilers:
            Spoiler:
            Carter dies in the alternate timeline.
            Spoiler:
            but she was in alternate timeline whole year

Comment

Gahhh! Spoiler tags please! Sheesh.

Comment

Statistically speaking, some portion of the population will be immune to any particular pathogen.

More likely, however, is that the "seed" incubates until it senses sufficient power to grow from (i.e., Atlantis power grid), which did not exist in Alt-Earth. Much as a plant seed will never grow in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                  Given that she went back to earth just for the events in Continuum its safe to say it happened sometime withing that month..

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post
                  Uh, nice spoilers.
                  the third word of my post was "SPOILERS".. so if you are to dumb to ignor that warning.. then its your own fault

Comment

So right.. SPOILERS!!!

HA!!!
                    I can't believe no one's thought of this obvious argument yet:
                    Because it was an alternate timeline. In the Alternate Timeline, when the Atlantis expedition came to save Teyla, it was too late, she wasn't even there anymore. There was no self-destruct triggered, so the thingie didn't get released from its test tube or whatever.

Was Sam even there in the alternate timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      Because it was an alternate timeline. In the Alternate Timeline, when the Atlantis expedition came to save Teyla, it was too late, she wasn't even there anymore. There was no self-destruct triggered, so the thingie didn't get released from its test tube or whatever.

The timeline didn't change until they where at Baals execution..
                      that's the entire point of time travel and alternate timelines..

so yes..
                      Carter in the start of Continuum and the one that jumped to the alternate timeline was the carter from seson4 or atlantis..

thats also the problem with timetravel episodes.. not everyone gets it

Comment

http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

What were you thinking when you wrote that post? Sheesh...
                          Meh.

Comment

The timeline didn't change until they where at Baals execution..
                            that's the entire point of time travel and alternate timelines..
                            Have you seen "The Last Man" (Atlantis 4x20)? That one involved time travel and an alternate timeline as well. In that alternate timeline, Sam didn't randomy walk into Michael's base and trigger the self-destruct, thus prompting the patogen to jump into her and others.

Heck, in that timeline, she didn't even go back to Earth, so she wasn't even present for the events of "Continuum".

Edit: I misread the OP. I thought he wondered why the creature didn't develop within Sam in the alternate timeline of "The Last Man". Sorry.

In this case, the answer would be "There could be any number of physiological reasons", as Woolsey stated.

Comment

In this case, the answer would be "There could be any number of physiological reasons", as Woolsey stated.
                              a YEAR!.. Keller started after about a month .. Lorend and a few others a short time after that..
                              its safe to say that the incubation period is somewhere around a month.. while Carter went a FULL YEAR! and nothing..

this is a clear...

PLOTHOLE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X