Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Line in The Seed

Rodney: I am not breaking into her room
    Carson: Rodney there might be something wrong
    Rodney: Fine but if she’s just in there sleeping or naked or something you guys are taking the blame

Default Re: Best Line in The Seed

Exactly, I love that line

Woolsey: Just try not to make any sudden moves or threatening gestures
    Ronon: Yeah I'll keep that in mind

Carson: well it's not a case of the Hives now is it?

turns out it was a case of the hive
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina

First Lieutenant

Rodney: Was this Zelenka's idea to shut off the power?
    Teyla: I don't know, why?
    Rodney: Yeah, this is ridiculous, they've got us stuck in our quarters, while the new guy takes advice from the B team?!
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Major General

Sheppard: Woolsey wasn't the weirdest thing about that timeline...
    Keller: What do you mean?
    Sheppard: Never mind.
    Last edited by jenks; July 19th, 2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: thing

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Sheppard: Woolsey wasn't the weirdest ting about that timeline...
    Keller: What do you mean?
    Sheppard: Never mind.
    I love that line.

General

Quote Originally Posted by tombombadail View Post

Chief Master Sergeant andromeda_dan's Avatar

the expression and body language on MacKay before Woolsey beam in.

First Lieutenant A Wraith Named Bob's Avatar

Definitely the best. I didn't even et it the first time I watched it. But absolutely funny.
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

I don't understand what "a case of the hives" is supposed to mean. Well, beyond the pun, that is. I suppose it's a stock phrase but what's the meaning?

Other than that, I wonder what "weirdest thing" from the alternate time line Sheppard was referring to... The McKay + Keller couple, or Ronon giving his life side by side with a wraith? Maybe both.
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    Thank you for Pegasus 4, Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Dove View Post
    I don't understand what "a case of the hives" is supposed to mean. Well, beyond the pun, that is. I suppose it's a stock phrase but what's the meaning?

Other than that, I wonder what "weirdest thing" from the alternate time line Sheppard was referring to... The McKay + Keller couple, or Ronon giving his life side by side with a wraith? Maybe both.
    Come now, obviously he was referring to the mckay and keller thing. Hives are a sort of rash thing it was called sarcasm aswel as the obvious pun.

Having "the hives" means you got some sort of skin condition (i believe it's a skin condition anyway =)), so basically he meant it's not really something so common as having the hives which is why he should remain on Atlantis to help figure this thing out.
    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasE View Post
    Having "the hives" means you got some sort of skin condition (i believe it's a skin condition anyway =)), so basically he meant it's not really something so common as having the hives which is why he should remain on Atlantis to help figure this thing out.
    LOL, thank you for the explanations. I only knew "hives" as "bee houses", so I really didn't get it.
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    Thank you for Pegasus 4, Chris!

Shielding McKay From Sunlight And Falling Citrus

sheppard: hows ronan?

woolsey: he has a bruised larex, apprantly he wont be able to speak for a serveral days

sheppard: i wonder if anyone would remember the difference

not has funny has mckay wanting to walk in kellers room supposly naked

First Lieutenant

Arrow1 Re: Best Line in The Seed

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Rodney: Was this Zelenka's idea to shut off the power?
    Teyla: I don't know, why?
    Rodney: Yeah, this is ridiculous, they've got us stuck in our quarters, while the new guy takes advice from the B team?!
    yep. lots of funnies in this one. I didn't record the ep, so I have to rely on everyone else's input..
    but that conversation was definitely one I could *definitely* picture, because I've unfortunately seen it happen too many times in real life..

Quote Originally Posted by marty2006 View Post
    ..Hives are a sort of rash thing it was called sarcasm aswel as the obvious pun.
    Quote Originally Posted by MathiasE View Post
    LOL, thank you for the explanations. I only knew "hives" as "bee houses", so I really didn't get it.
    Hives is a very BAD skin rash. It's usually based on a reaction during "contact dermatitis" or something that you ate or touched that reacts with mild to nasty itching at the point of skin contact (unless the reaction is internally digested, and then a whole host of other horrid symptoms can appear), swelling, sometimes with blistering, or even worse reactions. People allergic to poison ivy, poison oak/sumac usually break out in itchy skin that won't go away, until special medical treatment is prescribed.

I've had hives skin reactions after weeding the garden (from milkweed, unwanted other things and crabgrass) and rubbing my eyes -- the next morning my face swelled up and the puffiness nearly completely shut my eye. I think we used Calamine lotion to bring the facial swelling down, but it was dangerously close to my eye.

Another highly allergic reaction I've had was to taking too much chocolate. I drank too much chocolate milk that it made my arms and legs break out in huge rashes with bumpy looking blister things. I had to stop drinking and eating chocolate in excess, so getting the hives from those situations have been more under control.

Quote Originally Posted by SGalisa View Post
    yep. lots of funnies in this one. I didn't record the ep, so I have to rely on everyone else's input..
    but that conversation was definitely one I could *definitely* picture, because I've unfortunately seen it happen too many times in real life..

Hives is a very BAD skin rash. It's usually based on a reaction during "contact dermatitis" or something that you ate or touched that reacts with mild to nasty itching at the point of skin contact (unless the reaction is internally digested, and then a whole host of other horrid symptoms can appear), swelling, sometimes with blistering, or even worse reactions. People allergic to poison ivy, poison oak/sumac usually break out in itchy skin that won't go away, until special medical treatment is prescribed.

I've had hives skin reactions after weeding the garden (from milkweed, unwanted other things and crabgrass) and rubbing my eyes -- the next morning my face swelled up and the puffiness nearly completely shut my eye. I think we used Calamine lotion to bring the facial swelling down, but it was dangerously close to my eye.

Another highly allergic reaction I've had was to taking too much chocolate. I drank too much chocolate milk that it made my arms and legs break out in huge rashes with bumpy looking blister things. I had to stop drinking and eating chocolate in excess, so getting the hives from those situations have been more under control.
    Sounds nasty, at least you didnt start growing massive spaceships on your body
    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by wise one View Post
    sheppard: hows ronan?

woolsey: he has a bruised larex, apprantly he wont be able to speak for a serveral days

sheppard: i wonder if anyone would remember the difference

did you notice the pregnant pause in front of Sheppard's comment? Ronon's not speaking for several days.... pause... hold breath... wait for the snarky comment...it's gotta be coming... ah, yes, there it is!

Or was that just me?

Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie

Woolsey: I wasn't planing on killing one of my senior officers after being here a week

... or word to that effect

This probably qualifies as best scene IMO.
    Woolsey: "Before I came in here I was on a call with my supperiors on Earth. They were going over my preliminary report."
    Shepard: "What'd you tell them?"
    Woolsey: "The truth. That in my first three days as commander, I violated at least half a dozen basic security protocols."
    Shepard: "That many?"
    Woolsey:"I let Beckett run the investigation, in spite of condtitions and the fact that he is technically no longer a member of this expedtition, I let Ronon deliver the antidote even though he was infected, I compromised the safety of this base to rescue someone who may have been well beyond our help anyway."
    Shepard: "But she wasn't and we got her out and if you had played by the rules she'd be dead right now."
    Woolsey: "The IOA would seem to agree with you as apparently they are willing to let the matter drop."
    Shepard: "So whats the problem?"
    Woolsey: " The rules are there for a reason Colonel. If I can't trust them then, I'm not sure I can do this job."
    Shepard: "Welcome to the Pegasus Galaxy."
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast