Best Line in The Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Detox View Post
    Rodney: Was this Zelenka's idea to shut off the power?
    Teyla: I don't know, why?
    Rodney: Yeah, this is ridiculous, they've got us stuck in our quarters, while the new guy takes advice from the B team?!
    yep. lots of funnies in this one. I didn't record the ep, so I have to rely on everyone else's input..
    but that conversation was definitely one I could *definitely* picture, because I've unfortunately seen it happen too many times in real life..

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
    I don't understand what "a case of the hives" is supposed to mean. Well, beyond the pun, that is. I suppose it's a stock phrase but what's the meaning?

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    ..Hives are a sort of rash thing it was called sarcasm aswel as the obvious pun.
    Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
    Having "the hives" means you got some sort of skin condition (i believe it's a skin condition anyway =)), so basically he meant it's not really something so common as having the hives which is why he should remain on Atlantis to help figure this thing out.
    Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
    LOL, thank you for the explanations. I only knew "hives" as "bee houses", so I really didn't get it.
    Hives is a very BAD skin rash. It's usually based on a reaction during "contact dermatitis" or something that you ate or touched that reacts with mild to nasty itching at the point of skin contact (unless the reaction is internally digested, and then a whole host of other horrid symptoms can appear), swelling, sometimes with blistering, or even worse reactions. People allergic to poison ivy, poison oak/sumac usually break out in itchy skin that won't go away, until special medical treatment is prescribed.

I've had hives skin reactions after weeding the garden (from milkweed, unwanted other things and crabgrass) and rubbing my eyes -- the next morning my face swelled up and the puffiness nearly completely shut my eye. I think we used Calamine lotion to bring the facial swelling down, but it was dangerously close to my eye.

Another highly allergic reaction I've had was to taking too much chocolate. I drank too much chocolate milk that it made my arms and legs break out in huge rashes with bumpy looking blister things. I had to stop drinking and eating chocolate in excess, so getting the hives from those situations have been more under control.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      yep. lots of funnies in this one. I didn't record the ep, so I have to rely on everyone else's input..
      but that conversation was definitely one I could *definitely* picture, because I've unfortunately seen it happen too many times in real life..

Hives is a very BAD skin rash. It's usually based on a reaction during "contact dermatitis" or something that you ate or touched that reacts with mild to nasty itching at the point of skin contact (unless the reaction is internally digested, and then a whole host of other horrid symptoms can appear), swelling, sometimes with blistering, or even worse reactions. People allergic to poison ivy, poison oak/sumac usually break out in itchy skin that won't go away, until special medical treatment is prescribed.

I've had hives skin reactions after weeding the garden (from milkweed, unwanted other things and crabgrass) and rubbing my eyes -- the next morning my face swelled up and the puffiness nearly completely shut my eye. I think we used Calamine lotion to bring the facial swelling down, but it was dangerously close to my eye.

Another highly allergic reaction I've had was to taking too much chocolate. I drank too much chocolate milk that it made my arms and legs break out in huge rashes with bumpy looking blister things. I had to stop drinking and eating chocolate in excess, so getting the hives from those situations have been more under control.
      Sounds nasty, at least you didnt start growing massive spaceships on your body
      Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
      Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        sheppard: hows ronan?

woolsey: he has a bruised larex, apprantly he wont be able to speak for a serveral days

sheppard: i wonder if anyone would remember the difference

did you notice the pregnant pause in front of Sheppard's comment? Ronon's not speaking for several days.... pause... hold breath... wait for the snarky comment...it's gotta be coming... ah, yes, there it is!

Or was that just me?

Comment

Woolsey: I wasn't planing on killing one of my senior officers after being here a week

... or word to that effect
          sigpic

Comment

This probably qualifies as best scene IMO.
            Woolsey: "Before I came in here I was on a call with my supperiors on Earth. They were going over my preliminary report."
            Shepard: "What'd you tell them?"
            Woolsey: "The truth. That in my first three days as commander, I violated at least half a dozen basic security protocols."
            Shepard: "That many?"
            Woolsey:"I let Beckett run the investigation, in spite of condtitions and the fact that he is technically no longer a member of this expedtition, I let Ronon deliver the antidote even though he was infected, I compromised the safety of this base to rescue someone who may have been well beyond our help anyway."
            Shepard: "But she wasn't and we got her out and if you had played by the rules she'd be dead right now."
            Woolsey: "The IOA would seem to agree with you as apparently they are willing to let the matter drop."
            Shepard: "So whats the problem?"
            Woolsey: " The rules are there for a reason Colonel. If I can't trust them then, I'm not sure I can do this job."
            Shepard: "Welcome to the Pegasus Galaxy."
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              This probably qualifies as best scene IMO.
              Woolsey: "Before I came in here I was on a call with my supperiors on Earth. They were going over my preliminary report."
              Shepard: "What'd you tell them?"
              Woolsey: "The truth. That in my first three days as commander, I violated at least half a dozen basic security protocols."
              Shepard: "That many?"
              Woolsey:"I let Beckett run the investigation, in spite of condtitions and the fact that he is technically no longer a member of this expedtition, I let Ronon deliver the antidote even though he was infected, I compromised the safety of this base to rescue someone who may have been well beyond our help anyway."
              Shepard: "But she wasn't and we got her out and if you had played by the rules she'd be dead right now."
              Woolsey: "The IOA would seem to agree with you as apparently they are willing to let the matter drop."
              Shepard: "So whats the problem?"
              Woolsey: " The rules are there for a reason Colonel. If I can't trust them then, I'm not sure I can do this job."
              Shepard: "Welcome to the Pegasus Galaxy."
              it was a good line, but it was very uncertain as to whether woosley would do a good job or not , with Sam we knew in the first episode that she would do a great job especially when she made that call with Ronon letting his friends come to Atlantis, so that kind of bugged me
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                it was a good line, but it was very uncertain as to whether woosley would do a good job or not , with Sam we knew in the first episode that she would do a great job especially when she made that call with Ronon letting his friends come to Atlantis, so that kind of bugged me
                True. He is still unsure of himself but so far he is learning the ropes fairly quick and I agreed with his decisions for the most part. It's definitely not as cut and dry as Carter was but he is off to a good start.

Comment

"Nice speech. Very inspiring..."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post

did you notice the pregnant pause in front of Sheppard's comment? Ronon's not speaking for several days.... pause... hold breath... wait for the snarky comment...it's gotta be coming... ah, yes, there it is!

Or was that just me?
                    lol nope ur not alone, i was waiting for a punch coming too
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                      the expression and body language on MacKay before Woolsey beam in.
                      Oh yes! That was a good scene…

Comment

Ronon- Screw it i'm shooting a hole.

I just LOVE that line lols ^^

Peace, love and Chocolate in the galaxy,
                        Danielle

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                        Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                        Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Sheppard: Woolsey wasn't the weirdest thing about that timeline...
                          Keller: What do you mean?
                          Sheppard: Never mind.
                          That was one of the best....

And very true

...Keller + McKay

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                            Carson: well it's not a case of the Hives now is it?

turns out it was a case of the hive
                            Oh yeah hahahaha
                            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-Lover-SL View Post
                              That was one of the best....

And very true

...Keller + McKay
                              I love that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                True. He is still unsure of himself but so far he is learning the ropes fairly quick and I agreed with his decisions for the most part. It's definitely not as cut and dry as Carter was but he is off to a good start.
                                i think he going to fail miserably
                                sigpic
                                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X