Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar

Default A city full of idiot doctors

Not again.

Yet another weird occurence in Atlantis where the person it happens to (once more a doctor) ignores it completely as if it were just a dream or something minor.

Jennifer wakes up with slime covering her hand. You'd think she'd be worried and, you know, tell people and have them look into it, but noooo, she cleans it up and then doesn't tell anyone.

This is how entire bases die from epedemics, people! For the love god, could these "professionals" be any less professional?!

And then when Jennifer doesn't show up as promised and doesn't respond, Rodney goes "Well, maybe she's just sleeping". Come on! After what happened with Kate?!

Colonel

Default Re: A city full of idiot doctors

that's because she shouldn't be CMO. She's another another whining young barbie girl, not a CMO

Did you stop to think that maybe, just maybe this was because the seed in her system told her not to? She was under the influence of an alien entity which didnt want her to tell anyone so they wouldnt react to it.
    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

I completely agree with all this, it annoyed me no end... but my mind compells me to discuss this no end, even though I really don't like what Keller did *coughdon'tlikeKellercough*

It is said that this thing messes with your brains even before the visual symptoms begin so who knows why she didn't report it in? Maybe she really did want to, but the..... thing, whatever it was, told her not to, it was like a second personality to her and maybe it was telling her that everything's ok and all...

Once again, I'm no fan of Keller, she's a whining, annoying, scared little girl and she is most deffinitely not fit to be a CMO, but I kinda thought that this should be pointed out...
    Great thanks to Luciana for making this really cool banner!!

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasE View Post
    Did you stop to think that maybe, just maybe this was because the seed in her system told her not to? She was under the influence of an alien entity which didnt want her to tell anyone so they wouldnt react to it.
    Yeah, the entity told her to wash all evidence away and then lie to everyone. Great entity.

Still doesn't explain Rodney's inexplicable case of "Oh, she's just sleeping".

true... but that's Rodney... he wouldn't want to be barging in on some girl naked in her bed doing God knows what right?

More idiocy. Zelenka lying on the ground not screaming for Teyla to hurry up while sentient vines are preparing to strangle him or something.

(Yes, I'm watching the episode as I type this)

It's like they have to have every named doctor on base be stupid in this episode or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    More idiocy. Zelenka lying on the ground not screaming for Teyla to hurry up while sentient vines are preparing to strangle him or something.

(Yes, I'm watching the episode as I type this)

It's like they have to have every named doctor on base be stupid in this episode or something.
    He had hit his head, so I think he wasn't thinking clearly
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

It is nice that you have time to create negative threads before you finished the episode.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by melfan View Post
    He had hit his head, so I think he wasn't thinking clearly
    But he wasn't unconscious. He was moving around.

If I'd spent 4 years in Atlantis under constant threat of death from an inumerable number of alien whatevers, I'd sure as hell have screamed the second I regained consciousness (if he was unconscious).

And impaired judgment or not, if something was growing out of my hand, I'd tell someone at once. I wouldn't be Rodney-paranoid but something weird occuring, oh yeah, everyone's gonna get to know about it.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    It is nice that you have time to create negative threads before you finished the episode.
    yeah, I forgot, some fans allow only positive comments here on GW.

I don't... but I hadn't really thought of this (Zelenka not screaming out) as a bad thing... Teyla was already heading over to him and he had a mild concussion and all... I would probably lose my ability to speak in a situation like that, merely because of the shock...

Chief Master Sergeant

Zelenka would be groaning at best and in a lot of pain if he took a hard blow to the head, but certainly he wouldn't be able to scream or call out immediately after that. Teyla was already on her way and had to jog him back to coherence.

They did make a point in the episode about how the seed impaired judgment. That was blatantly meant to explain Keller's (lack of) actions. What are you complaining about again?

This was basically explained in the episode. The entity takes control of you, and can exert influence over you even before the first symptoms appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
    They did make a point in the episode about how the seed impaired judgment. That was blatantly meant to explain Keller's (lack of) actions. What are you complaining about again?
    Explain to me again how impaired judgmenet = Meticulously scrubbing away all traces of Wraith fluid thingie. Also, explain how out of everyone's actions, Jennifer's was the only one who did something monumentally stupid while the rest just seemed like themselves, just a little more on edge.

Default Atlantis Problems...

The episode is another example of the problems with Stargate Atlantis. The story just doesn't make much sense. First Sam leaves, which makes things unstable for us who like her. Woolsey is an idiot, so we automatically don't like him. The only thing that would have been more annoying about this episode is if we had Rodney constantly whining a little more.

I hate this, we need to move forward with some good storylines. These one episode things that create a big problem and complete it by the end are good but don't really move the storyline forward. If we had gotten anything constructive out of the story. Maybe we could have fingured out how it works and what it's supposed to do. But in the end it's just kind of over. I loved SG-1 and like Atlantis, but the show needs to get back on track. These lines that don't make a lot of sense aren't helping my like this show anymore.

HJ

Major

Not again.

Yet another weird occurence in Atlantis where the person it happens to (once more a doctor) ignores it completely as if it were just a dream or something minor.

Jennifer wakes up with slime covering her hand. You'd think she'd be worried and, you know, tell people and have them look into it, but noooo, she cleans it up and then doesn't tell anyone.

This is how entire bases die from epedemics, people! For the love god, could these "professionals" be any less professional?!

And then when Jennifer doesn't show up as promised and doesn't respond, Rodney goes "Well, maybe she's just sleeping". Come on! After what happened with Kate?!
    With Woolsey in command, would YOU tell him that you woke up with slime on your hand?

Vala,

Default Re: Atlantis Problems...

When I first saw her hand covered I thought wow, she can really drool, then i thought maybe she has a cold . I really didn't see it as a problem, just like she didn't see it as one she was just embarrassed, and rightfully so b/c that was nasty.

Now the doc I find stupid is the one who was intibating shep, didn't she ever learn that in order for that to work it has to enclosed around his mouth and not 3 inches above it.

Chief Master Sergeant

But he wasn't unconscious. He was moving around.

If I'd spent 4 years in Atlantis under constant threat of death from an inumerable number of alien whatevers, I'd sure as hell have screamed the second I regained consciousness (if he was unconscious).

And impaired judgment or not, if something was growing out of my hand, I'd tell someone at once. I wouldn't be Rodney-paranoid but something weird occuring, oh yeah, everyone's gonna get to know about it.
    A knock on the head can disorient you for a period of time.

Keller's judgement (why do I write like a Brit?) was impaired by the seed.

Rodney's reaction was ridiculous but I despise his character.

Explain to me again how impaired judgmenet = Meticulously scrubbing away all traces of Wraith fluid thingie. Also, explain how out of everyone's actions, Jennifer's was the only one who did something monumentally stupid while the rest just seemed like themselves, just a little more on edge.
    It was more than impaired judgement. The thing was subtly compelling her actions. Thus she wanted to run a scan, but didn't know why she didn't. Instead she almost zombie like washed the slime off and had this look of worry on her face when the other doctor walked in on her doing it. Then she went back to zombie mode and began saying what she needed to get rid of the other doctor.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast