Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The episode is another example of the problems with Stargate Atlantis. The story just doesn't make much sense. First Sam leaves, which makes things unstable for us who like her. Woolsey is an idiot, so we automatically don't like him. The only thing that would have been more annoying about this episode is if we had Rodney constantly whining a little more.

I hate this, we need to move forward with some good storylines. These one episode things that create a big problem and complete it by the end are good but don't really move the storyline forward. If we had gotten anything constructive out of the story. Maybe we could have fingured out how it works and what it's supposed to do. But in the end it's just kind of over. I loved SG-1 and like Atlantis, but the show needs to get back on track. These lines that don't make a lot of sense aren't helping my like this show anymore.

HJ

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Not again.

Yet another weird occurence in Atlantis where the person it happens to (once more a doctor) ignores it completely as if it were just a dream or something minor.

Jennifer wakes up with slime covering her hand. You'd think she'd be worried and, you know, tell people and have them look into it, but noooo, she cleans it up and then doesn't tell anyone.

This is how entire bases die from epedemics, people! For the love god, could these "professionals" be any less professional?!

And then when Jennifer doesn't show up as promised and doesn't respond, Rodney goes "Well, maybe she's just sleeping". Come on! After what happened with Kate?!
      With Woolsey in command, would YOU tell him that you woke up with slime on your hand?

Vala,

Comment

When I first saw her hand covered I thought wow, she can really drool, then i thought maybe she has a cold . I really didn't see it as a problem, just like she didn't see it as one she was just embarrassed, and rightfully so b/c that was nasty.

Now the doc I find stupid is the one who was intibating shep, didn't she ever learn that in order for that to work it has to enclosed around his mouth and not 3 inches above it.

Comment

But he wasn't unconscious. He was moving around.

If I'd spent 4 years in Atlantis under constant threat of death from an inumerable number of alien whatevers, I'd sure as hell have screamed the second I regained consciousness (if he was unconscious).

And impaired judgment or not, if something was growing out of my hand, I'd tell someone at once. I wouldn't be Rodney-paranoid but something weird occuring, oh yeah, everyone's gonna get to know about it.
          A knock on the head can disorient you for a period of time.

Keller's judgement (why do I write like a Brit?) was impaired by the seed.

Rodney's reaction was ridiculous but I despise his character.

Comment

Explain to me again how impaired judgmenet = Meticulously scrubbing away all traces of Wraith fluid thingie. Also, explain how out of everyone's actions, Jennifer's was the only one who did something monumentally stupid while the rest just seemed like themselves, just a little more on edge.
            It was more than impaired judgement. The thing was subtly compelling her actions. Thus she wanted to run a scan, but didn't know why she didn't. Instead she almost zombie like washed the slime off and had this look of worry on her face when the other doctor walked in on her doing it. Then she went back to zombie mode and began saying what she needed to get rid of the other doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJtravels View Post
              First Sam leaves, which makes things unstable for us who like her.
              I know! How dare the actress go off and join another show?!
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                I know! How dare the actress go off and join another show?!
                Well, I love her and it was good to see her in Atlantis. But we can't be selfish. She has another project, it's understandable. She played Sam Carter during 10 years ! She even went to Atlantis. Maybe she doesn't want to be stuck with her character all her actress's life. It would make sense, don't you think ?

As for this episode, I have to admit it was a little awkward and it would have been nice to see more explanations about the organic stuff that grows, it's curious and strange. But again, all was coherent (as always with the franchise). It was explained how Keller did not report her problem and we could see there was something wrong with her. Maybe at first she appears weak, but she is very capable I think. And Radek has hit the floor, I know I would be shocked too. It's difficult to make coherent thoughts in these situations.

(Constructive criticism is welcome. Personally, I watch an episode twice before making any judgment, it helps a lot to fully understand the story. Try it.)

So be positive guys and enjoy the show (or don't watch it)

Comment

I don't think I was clear enough that I was being sarcastic. I support Ms. Tapping in everything she does and can appreciate the hard choice she had to make whether or not to stay with The A-Team or go with her own show. I was merely mocking those who blame the replacing of Carter as leader on the PTBs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea i was under the impression Keller didn't know why she didnt report it. Kinda like she knew she had to but for some reason didn't because the Seed was manipulating her.

Comment

If you wanna talk about idiot doctors...

*The scene where they shut off the power in the tower.*

Keller: What's happening? Maria, what's going on?

Arbitrary Doctor: Doctor we've been ordered to evacuate the building. I'm sorry.

*The power goes off*

I mean, damn that's cold. Cut off all lights and communications to your terrified patient without an explanation?
                      That is poor, poor bedside manner, bordering on the irresponsible and idiotic.

Sorry, that line really bugged me.
                      "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                        I mean, damn that's cold. Cut off all lights and communications to your terrified patient without an explanation?
                        That is poor, poor bedside manner, bordering on the irresponsible and idiotic.
                        I'll have to remember that the next time you've got a tentacle monster growing out of you.
                        I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

More idiocy. Zelenka lying on the ground not screaming for Teyla to hurry up while sentient vines are preparing to strangle him or something.

(Yes, I'm watching the episode as I type this)

It's like they have to have every named doctor on base be stupid in this episode or something.
                          'have you ever had a concussion?
                          Meh.

Comment

So...problem solved in this here thread?

Keller was under alien influence; Rodney was being Rodney; and Radek got a blow to the head that disoriented him. Thread's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post
                              I'll have to remember that the next time you've got a tentacle monster growing out of you.
                              Hey, it happens more often then you'd think.

"Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                                Hey, it happens more often then you'd think.

You so earn green for this
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X