Visual Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Effects

While there weren't too many grand VFX in "The Seed", I think there were some new setting shots.

Some of the ones I liked were:

1 - The one where the jumper came out of the tower. It was a nice angle and a cool shot.

2 - The one after Sheppard crashed the jumper and they showed the hole. I thought it was interesting.

Also, even though it wasn't VFX, I liked the shot they had of the control room where the camera was behind everything, looking out into the room itself. It made it look so much bigger and better than it usually does.
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

I thought they were pretty good for the most part. I didn't really like the shot of Shep in the PJ when it crashed into the building but the exterior shot of that was good.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

It looked cool when it crashed it looked like the ship I guess it was just swallowed up the jumper.
      sigpic

Comment

The special effects were great, but I could feel if they used an other Atlantis city model. Maybe I could not remember for every tower. Can somebody make some screenshot?
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I loved the shot of Sheppard coming out of the jumper bay, with the camera sort of looking down at the open hanger. Come to think about it, have we ever seeen the Jumper Bay open from the outside??
          Meh.

Comment

No really. Though I think there was something similar in Lifeline.

But yeah, brilliant shot. It seemed very real. Heck, I've taken photographs that were less realistic.

Comment

HELLO!

i often see different VFX in my head than whats on screen.

i also really liked the shot of the jumper slicing into the tower. but it was such a quick shot! i wanted a bit more.

some notes:

1. i think the impact could've been GOOIER! the jumper hits, and kicks out a lot of concrete chunks and dust, but some SPLATTER would've been nice.

2. the shot of the growth arround the building was brilliantly concieved, bu i would've liked to see some sort of basic hull framework growing

the shot looking out of the hole was great too. all i can say is give me more!

thanks, and big props to rainmaker!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                The special effects were great, but I could feel if they used an other Atlantis city model. Maybe I could not remember for every tower. Can somebody make some screenshot?
                do they use a model of Atlantis or is it cgi?
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
                  do they use a model of Atlantis or is it cgi?
                  Nope all CGI.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X