The New "Ark of Truth"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New "Ark of Truth"!

Since I hated "Ark of Truth," I've decided to write what I believe should have happened in the movie to complete the Ori storyline... anyone else feel that their own ideas would have worked better?

Anyway, I'm going to write my own ideas in later posts and link them to the OP so other people can quickly find them. If you have your own idea, write it in another post and when I see it, I'll link it here too. Who knows, maybe we can get a dozen different AoTs spit out and we can all see where TPTB went so very, very wrong...

Ark of Truth, Act I (1/2)
    Ark of Truth, Act II (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act III (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act IV (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act V (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act VI (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act VII (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act IIX (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act IX (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act X (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act XI (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act XII (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act XIII (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act XIV (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act XV (1)
    Ark of Truth, Act XVI (1)
    Last edited by s09119; 30 July 2008, 05:55 PM.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    anyone else feel that their own ideas would have worked better?
    Sure, fans always seem to think they know better than the writers how to write the show.

Of course, when they actually try, they more often than not end up writing utter crap.
    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 18 July 2008, 12:53 PM. Reason: Typo! Oh noes! :O
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
      Sure, fans always seem to think they know better than the writers how to write the show.

Of course, when they actually try, they more often than not end up writing utter crap.
      And yet most people on this forum could've come up with something better than a movie that was 60% Replicator-nothing-to-do-with-the-Ori.

Seriously, go read a few fanfics on a Stargate site, some of them are spot-on better than some of the crap TPTB come up with.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I don't really care what the fans can write; as far as I'm concerned, yes, based on writing alone some fans may be better than TPTB.

Now, let's see them produce these fanfics; and I mean with all the crap that comes along with making a TV show. THEN I'll be impressed.

Comment

Eh, I'll try nonetheless. This is mostly the same as the actual movie, as the beginning went okay and I didn't think much should be changed.

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
          Act I
          Spoiler:
          FADE IN: EXT: ORTUS MALLUM REGION, MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO, DAY

[In subtitles, the words "Millions of years ago, in a distant galaxy..." appears.]

[Movie opening. We see the majestic mountains of an alien world, snowcapped peaks stretching on into the horizon. As the camera rounds one of them, a string of peaks covered in cityscapes can be seen. Zooming in farther, we see rock-like (but clearly, purposefully built) structures make up the majority of these settlements, indicative of early ALTERAN styling (such as the Temple at DAKARA). People walk about these streets in Middle Ages-esque clothing, obviously trying to hide their technological achievements.]

CUT TO: INT: CELESTIS - UNDERGROUND CAVERN, DAY

[A group of ALTERANS waits in a cavern deep underground, discussing their impending evacuation of CELESTIS to a place where they might escape the coming armies of their enemies, the ORI. Numerous pieces of technology can be seen around the room.]

ALTERAN WOMAN:
          So this is how it must be? We must flee our homeworld in shame while the Ori overrun the last bastion of our people?

ALTERAN MAN:
          (Shaking his head)
          We have no other options. Their armies far outnumber our own, and even our most powerful weapons are no match for their numbers. They would throw themselves blindly into the fray until we were no more, and they would, inevitably, triumph.

ALTERAN WOMAN:
          Either way, we cannot hide our ways any longer.

AMELIUS:
          Nor should we. The Ori have amassed armies and move to destroy us. Everything we believe, all we are, is an affront to them. They will stop at nothing to destroy every last shred of evidence that opposes their fanaticism.

[The ALTERANS mutter to themselves for a moment, then one of them steps forward.]

ALTERAN SCIENTIST:
          And what of the Ark?

[The group is silenced. Whatever it is, this ARK holds great meaning to them. After a beat:]

ALTERAN LEADER:
          You know the opinion of this council; the Ark must never be used, regardless of the gravity of the situation. To deprive a people of their right to believe... it violates the very core of what we are.

[AMELIUS shakes his head in frustration. He is obviously invested in the ARK.]

AMELIUS:
          The Ark can change everything. I did not devise such a machine because I believed it the right way to challenge the Ori, or even the righteous way, but because it is the only way!
          (To OTHER ALTERANS)
          We no longer have the luxury of morality! Not when our very existence is at stake!

ALTERAN LEADER:
          We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will. I will not compromise the fundamental tenants of my devotion in order to preserve it!
          (To AMELIUS)
          This council has spoken, Amelius. I'm sorry if you feel robbed of a chance of victory... but this is the way it must be, now and forever.

ALTERAN MAN:
          (to AMELIUS)
          We acknowledge the incredible potential of the technology of the Ark.

ALTERAN WOMAN TWO:
          And the danger such power presents.

ALTERAN MAN:
          It will not be used as a weapon against the Ori. The debate on the issue is closed.

[Disappointed, AMELIUS turns to the ARK and closes the lid.]

FADE OUT:

Stargate
          The Ark of Truth

FADE IN: EXT: DAKARA - TEMPLE RUINS, DAY

[DANIEL JACKSON is digging in the dirt, then suddenly unveils a chest of some sort. Around him is the ruins of the Jaffa Nation capital world, DAKARA, destroyed by the ORI the year before. The TEMPLE itself lies shattered in the distance, and only ruinous buildings remain.]

DANIEL:
          (Turning his head toward TEAL'C, behind him)
          Gimme a hand?

EXT: DAKARA RUINS, DAY

[TEAL'C looks around then goes to assist. A bored VALA remains lying on a fallen slab, absently playing with something in her hand. TEAL'C and DANIEL carry the heavy chest out into the open.]

VALA:
          (Absently)
          Really think this is it?

[DANIEL dusts off more of the cover of the chest with a brush.]

DANIEL:
          Well, it's covered in Ancient writing. These symbols here are part of the oldest dialect I'm aware of. It says: "Safely kept is the...something of old."

[VALA sits up.]

VALA:
          What's the "something", Daniel?

DANIEL:
          (Annoyed)
          Well, if I knew for sure, I wouldn't have said "the something..."
          (Turns to TEAL'C)
          Why am I answering her?

VALA:
          Stop your yammering and open it.

DANIEL:
          We can't just open it.

VALA:
          Why not?

DANIEL:
          Well, if this is what I think it is, it's a powerful piece of Ancient technology capable of making anyone who looks into it believe that the Ori...

DANIEL AND VALA:
          (speaking together)
          ...are not gods.

DANIEL:
          As far as we know.

VALA:
          Well, we already believe that. No harm done. Open it.

DANIEL:
          I said "as far as we know." There may be other things it's capable of making you believe.

VALA:
          Maybe... we're supposed to believe those other things too.

DANIEL:
          You know what? That's beside the point. There's another reason we can't just open it.

VALA:
          Look at my hands, all right? They are raw and bleeding. I've broken every nail. We've been out here in the scorching heat for days. I haven't showered!

DANIEL:
          (Annoyed)
          None of us have.

VALA:
          (Sighing)
          That is painfully obvious. Now, according to you, this crusty old chest is our salvation from oppression at the hands of the Ori army. Our best--and maybe only--remaining chance that we have. We've dug how many holes in the ground? Help me out here, Muscles.

TEAL'C:
          (Tiredly)
          Many.

[Exasperated, DANIEL tosses his excavation brush aside.]

VALA:
          Now, all the years the Jaffa were here, they knew that Dakara was the first landing place of the Alterans in this galaxy. You mean to tell me they never looked for Ancient artifacts?

TEAL'C:
          There were a few artifacts that were excavated and catalogued when the city was being rebuilt. But with the constant change of leadership, little time, or manpower--

VALA:
          (Talking over him)
          Yes, yes, yes and blah, blah, blah. But here we are. Finally, we may have found it. The ultimate weapon. So could someone please explain to me why we can't confirm our blessed fortune by simply opening it?!

DANIEL:
          Because it's sealed shut! It literally won't open.

[DANIEL demonstrates. The chest remains closed.]

VALA:
          Why didn't you say so?

DANIEL:
          Well, I was trying to, but you wouldn't stop your yammering!

[TEAL'C looks up at the sky, alert at some noise. VALA goes over the equipment and grabs a pickaxe, heading back towards the chest. DANIEL stands and hurries over, wrestling with her over the tool.]

DANIEL:
          Wait! No, no, no, no, no! You can't do that! I told you, this is a piece of technology. You could damage it!

VALA:
          It's been buried for millions of years, Daniel!

TEAL'C:
          (Shouting)
          Quiet!

DANIEL AND VALA:
          (Together, annoyed)
          What?

[There's a beat of silence... then DANIEL's radio crackles.]

MITCHELL:
          (Over radio)
          Hey, kids, guess what?

[Some gunfire can be heard over MITCHELL's transmission. The three look up to see Ori fighters soar over their heads.]

MITCHELL:
          (Over radio)
          We are under fire.

EXT--SKY OVER DAKARA, DAY

[Several ORI FIGHTERS soar over the ruins, some dropping bombs below.]

EXT--DAKARA RUINS, DAY

[In another area of the ruins, LT. COL. MITCHELL and COL. CARTER exchange fire with ORI SOLDIERS. Both reload their clips.]

MITCHELL:
          I do not remember sending out invitations to this party.

[They continue shooting. More SOLDIERS continue to arrive.]

CARTER:
          (Shouting)
          We have to fall back!

[MITCHELL nods. Covering each other, the pair make a controlled retreat.]

ORI SOLDIER:
          (to other SOLDIERS)
          Move ahead!

[The ORI TROOPS advance, taking cover where MITCHELL and CARTER just were. The two colonels go through some large metal doors and rejoin their teammates. TEAL'C and DANIEL are already taking firing positions: JACKSON stands by the chest, TEAL'C by a standing pillar. VALA hurries over to where MITCHELL crouches by a large stone block.]

VALA:
          (to Mitchell)
          What are you doing? We have to go there!

MITCHELL:
          We know.

CARTER:
          There's too many of them.

VALA:
          There's no other way out of here.

MITCHELL:
          (through gritted teeth)
          We know!

VALA:
          (to Daniel, gesturing at chest)
          How about now?

DANIEL:
          (after a beat)
          Yeah, now works for me.

[DANIEL puts down his P-90 and grabs a hammer and chisel. He starts working at the chest.]

[Daniel's chiseling can be heard from the other side of the doors where the Ori stand ready. The COMMANDER arrives.]

ORI SOLDIER:
          Commander, we have them trapped.

[The commander takes off his helmet and tosses it to the soldier. He's revealed to be TOMIN, VALA's husband from the Ori Galaxy.]

TOMIN:
          (yelling to the doorway)
          Vala, it's Tomin. Throw down your weapons and surrender, and I promise you will all be spared.

[VALA looks bemused.]

MITCHELL:
          (low)
          That's funny.
          (yelling back)
          I was just about to say the same thing!

[VALA turns back to DANIEL, making a "hurry up" gesture". Daniel continues to work at the chest.]

TOMIN:
          Vala, you have to trust me. Your position has been targeted from space. Comply now, or you will be destroyed.

VALA:
          (to MITCHELL)
          I think we have to trust him.

MITCHELL:
          (to DANIEL)
          Jackson?

[Daniel grunts with the efforts to pry open the lid and shakes his head. The chest isn't budging.]

VALA:
          What if we got them to open it?

[CARTER and MITCHELL exchange thoughtful looks. DANIEL, breathing hard from the exertion, also seems to consider it.]

VALA:
          Well, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, would it?

MITCHELL:
          (reluctantly)
          All right. Invite him in.

[Grim faced, MITCHELL sets down his rifle and steps back.]

VALA:
          (yelling to TOMIN)
          Um, you can come in!

[The gates part and TOMIN and his SOLDIERS step forward, weapons at the ready. CARTER and TEAL'C set down their guns. DANIEL drops his hammer and chisel and stands up. VALA sets down her rifle and fluffs her hair with a pout.]

VALA:
          (Muttering)
          I look like crap.

[TOMIN's men enter and surround SG-1. Their staffs are poised to fire. DANIEL sighs heavily.]

VALA:
          (hopeful, to TOMIN)
          Hi... how are you?... What's new?

[TOMIN steps closer. Finally he gives a small smile.]

TOMIN:
          (Quietly)
          What are you doing here?

MITCHELL:
          (deadpan)
          Wow, we really are on the same page. Took the words right out of my mouth.

[Frowning, TOMIN steps up to MITCHELL. VALA quickly gets between the two.]

VALA:
          (to TOMIN)
          How did you know we were here?

(See next post for more Act I)
          Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

(More Act I)

Spoiler:
            [A voice sounds from offscreen...]

PRIOR:
            The power of the Ori need not be questioned.

[TOMIN steps back and bows down. The PRIOR strides in... it is the same one who used to be the Administrator of VER AGER, and whom TOMIN had previously questioned as to interpretation of the Book of Origin.]

MITCHELL:
            (Exasperated)
            Oh, here we go...

[Smiling, the PRIOR turns to DANIEL.]

PRIOR:
            Tell me. What is this artifact you have found?

MITCHELL:
            Hang on a second. Shouldn't you know that already?
            (Off PRIOR's look)
            Your logic.

DANIEL:
            (Quickly)
            No, wait, wait. No need to be difficult here. You want to know what it is, I'll tell you. Inside this Ark is the secret to destroying the armies of the Ori, and I think the last thing you're gonna want to do is open it.

PRIOR:
            You think I fear the contents?

DANIEL:
            I--I'm saying you really should.

PRIOR:
            (Without hesitation, to SOLDIERS)
            Open it.

[Two SOLDIERS step forward.]

DANIEL:
            (Confused)
            You didn't hear what I just said?

PRIOR:
            (to SOLDIERS)
            Open it!

[The SOLDIERS try to lift the lid, but it remains closed.]

ORI SOLDIER:
            It's sealed shut.

[The PRIOR nods to TOMIN. The soldiers step back as TOMIN raises his staff weapon.]

DANIEL:
            (Shouting)
            Wait! No!

[TOMIN fires, blasting the lid to pieces. Cringing from the debris, DANIEL lowers his hands and peeks into the chest. TOMIN steps forward and reaches inside. VALA tries to peek from over MITCHELL's shoulder. TOMIN pulls out some scrolls that crumble into dust in his hands.]

DANIEL:
            (Disappointed)
            Okay. Not what I was expecting.

PRIOR:
            (Amused)
            Foolhardy are those who do not follow the path.

MITCHELL:
            Anyone want to bet what he's gonna say next?

PRIOR:
            (Coldly, to TOMIN)
            Kill them.

MITCHELL:
            (Resigned)
            Could've made money on that one.

[TOMIN looks troubled, then walks to the PRIOR.]

TOMIN:
            Prior, I gave them my word that if they surrendered peacefully, they would be spared.

PRIOR:
            Your word? The word of the Ori is all that matters.

TOMIN:
            (speaking over the PRIOR)
            The Book of Origin says that truth is the beginning of the path!

PRIOR:
            (Annoyed)
            Tomin, I grow tired of your questioning. Kill them now, or you shall burn in the fire of everlasting torment!

[An upset TOMIN turns and raises his weapon to VALA and MITCHELL.]

VALA:
            (to TOMIN, begging)
            Don't do it. He can't hurt you, Tomin. We trusted you. Trust me now.

PRIOR:
            (to TOMIN)
            Fire your weapon!

MITCHELL:
            (to TOMIN)
            You think he's testing you.

DANIEL:
            (to TOMIN)
            But, really, he's forcing you to do it, because he's realized that, for some reason beyond his comprehension, he's completely powerless.

PRIOR:
            (to TOMIN, desperately)
            Kill them! Now!

[VALA calmly faces TOMIN, staring at him. TOMIN finally lowers his weapon.]

PRIOR:
            (to TOMIN, angrily)
            Kill them now! I command you!

[The PRIOR tosses aside his staff and grabs at TOMIN's weapon. MITCHELL takes advantage of the distraction and elbows the SOLDIER closest to him in the face. He's able to take control of the man's staff weapon and shoots the PRIOR in the chest, then immediately raises his hands in surrender.]

TOMIN:
            (to SOLDIERS)
            Stop! Do not fire!

[The SOLDIERS stare around in shock and confusion. MITCHELL slowly puts the staff weapon down. Raising his hands, he backs away. TOMIN stares down in shock at the dead PRIOR.]

TOMIN:
            (to SG-1, shocked)
            How?

CARTER:
            (to TOMIN)
            Here. I can show you.

[Carter, moving in a slow, unthreatening manner, goes to one of the team's packs and pulls out an activated anti-Prior device.]

CARTER:
            (Explaining)
            We use this device. It temporarily neutralizes their abilities.

[TOMIN stares at the PRIOR, lying dead across one of the fallen stone ruins, smoke still rising from his chest.]
            Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Again, not much is changed from the original.

Act II
              Spoiler:
              CUT TO: EXT - CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN, DAY

[Establishing shot of the SGC on EARTH.]

CUT TO: INT - SGC SUBLEVEL 27/28, DAY

[MITCHELL and GENERAL HANK LANDRY walk up the stairs from the CONTROL ROOM into the BRIEFING ROOM.]

MITCHELL:
              (to LANDRY)
              According to Tomin, the Ori crusade is planning to send a new wave of ships through the Supergate sometime soon. A coordinated attack on Earth may be imminent, and with reinforcements like that... I don't know if we can hold out.

LANDRY:
              (Offhand)
              He couldn't be just a bit more specific?

MITCHELL:
              Sorry, sir. I suspect the Priors release details on a need-to-know basis.

[LANDRY nods. Beat.]

LANDRY:
              (Moving on)
              Shame you didn't find the real Ark. If a new wave of cruisers really is incoming, it could have made a difference.

MITCHELL:
              Yes, sir. But not for lack of trying.

LANDRY:
              No other useful intelligence?

MITCHELL:
              (Explaining)
              Well, at the moment, Tomin is coming to grips with the fact that he's devoted his life to serving false gods.
              (Beat)
              I imagine that'll take some time.

[LANDRY reaches the top of the steps and looks through the briefing room window into his office. He pauses when he spots a man already inside reading a report.]

LANDRY:
              (Exasperated)
              Oh, great. What does he want?

MITCHELL:
              (Curious)
              Who's that?

LANDRY:
              (Motioning to MITCHELL)
              Come on in. You might as well meet him.

PAN TO: INT - LANDRY'S OFFICE

[As LANDRY and MITCHELL enter, the man looks up, smiling.]

MARRICK:
              (to LANDRY and MITCHELL)
              General. Colonel Mitchell... I recognize you from your file.

[He waves the folder he carries. LANDRY sits down and opens his own file, looking uninterested.]

LANDRY:
              (to MITCHELL)
              Mitchell, this is James Marrick, IOA oversight.

[MARRICK grins and puts out his hand. MITCHELL shakes it.]

MARRICK:
              (to MITCHELL)
              I'm a huge fan, Colonel. It's a real pleasure to meet you.

MITCHELL:
              (to Landry, ignoring MERRICK)
              What happened to Woolsey?

MARRICK:
              (Cutting in)
              Oh, his time was being taken up by the Atlantis expedition, which, quite frankly, I'm grateful for. It is a thrill for me to be here. You have been doing such an incredible job under such difficult circumstances. I don't think there's gonna be much for me to do here other than stay out of your way.

[LANDRY stops reading the file and finally looks up.]

LANDRY:
              (to MERRICK)
              What do you want?

MARRICK:
              I believe protocol requires me to notify you that I will be interrogating the prisoner personally.

MITCHELL:
              (Confused)
              What prisoner?

MARRICK:
              (Thinking)
              I believe your report refers to him as "Tomin". No last name.

MITCHELL:
              Oh! Right, sorry. I, uh, I get confused. See, we were thinking of him more as... a guest.

MARRICK:
              (Chuckling wryly)
              Of course. My mistake. I trust the enemy commander hell-bent on our total annihilation has been given comfortable quarters?

MITCHELL:
              (Quietly)
              Yeah. He's had a change of heart.

[MARRICK smiles at the other two men, then sidles closer.]

MARRICK:
              (to MITCHELL)
              Come on, Colonel. Don't all bad guys say that after we capture them?

MITCHELL:
              (Angrily)
              Actually, he captured us. And then he surrendered.

LANDRY:
              And my people have already questioned the man.

[MARRICK steps back, clearly outflanked.]

MARRICK:
              I see.
              (Beat)
              Look, I'm sorry. I really don't want to step on any toes here. My superiors have asked me to prepare a report on this matter personally, and I don't want to disappoint them--me being new on the job and all. You understand.

LANDRY:
              (Uninterested)
              Of course.

[He continues to read his report, notably ignoring MARRICK as much as possible. MITCHELL leans on LANDRY's credenza, crossing his arms.]

MARRICK:
              (to LANDRY and MITCHELL)
              Thanks so much. I can't tell you how exciting it is for me to be working here with you. Actually, I used to do what you do, Colonel, so I know exactly how it feels. I'm sure you know I'm just trying to do my job.

[LANDRY slams his folder shut.]

LANDRY:
              (in dismissive tone)
              Thank you, Mr. Marrick.

[MARRICK glances over and takes the hint to leave.]

MARRICK:
              (Nodding)
              General. Colonel.

[He leaves. MITCHELL follows him to shut the door to LANDRY's office and turns back to Landry.]

MITCHELL:
              (Annoyed)
              He "used to do what I do?" What the hell does that mean? What's his background?

LANDRY:
              Former CIA, black ops.

MITCHELL:
              (Exasperated)
              Oh, great. So, the IOA is having one of our own spies spy on us?

LANDRY:
              (Nodding)
              I have no doubt the IOA chose him carefully.

MITCHELL:
              (Sighing, resigned)
              Why do I get the feeling we're gonna miss Woolsey?

CUT TO: INT - SGC VIP ROOM

[DANIEL and VALA are speaking with TOMIN in his quarters.]

TOMIN:
              (Shocked)
              So the Ori are dead and gone? How is that possible...?

DANIEL:
              (Explaining)
              As we said, we don't exactly know for sure. We know we sent a weapon to the Ori galaxy that was supposed to be capable of destroying them...
              (Beat)
              As far as we know, it worked and they're gone.

TOMIN:
              (Clarifying)
              But not those that worshipped them?

DANIEL:
              No. Not humans. Just the ascended beings.

[VALA walks over and sits by TOMIN.]

VALA:
              (to TOMIN)
              I know it sounds complicated, but the point is, unless we stop it, this holy crusade in the name of the Ori could end in a bloody mess for all humans.
              (Beat)
              Both yours and ours.

DANIEL:
              (Adding)
              A futile bloody mess.

TOMIN:
              (Clarifying)
              And your hope is that this Ark will convince those that still believe in the Ori to stop believing as they do?

DANIEL:
              (Nodding)
              In Ancient, it's called armeria verimas. Now, loosely translated, it means "the Ark of truth." If we're right, it will undo the indoctrination of your people by the Ori.

TOMIN:
              (Conflicted)
              I know I have no right to say this, it just seems wrong.

DANIEL:
              (Chuckling ruefully)
              Hey, I'm not saying it's right. Obviously, the Alterans didn't think it was morally right to use it, or we wouldn't be in this situation. Had they used it, the Ori would never have gained their delusions of grandeur and this crusade would be an impossibility.

VALA:
              (Nodding, to TOMIN)
              But compared to the bloodshed we may be facing...

[VALA trails off, as what she's saying is well-known.]

DANIEL:
              We think the Ark may be capable of brainwashing people to believe whatever it's programmed to make them believe.
              (Beat)
              Morally just or not, your people have become so fanatical in their devotion, reason and logic just won't cut it this time around. Much as I hate to admit it, this may be the only way.

TOMIN:
              (Gradually accepting this)
              But how did you know where to look?

[VALA gives DANIEL a pointed look and smiles sarcastically.]

VALA:
              We didn't.

DANIEL:
              (Shaking his head)
              That chest we found was obviously not the Ark.

TOMIN:
              But, still, you must've had some idea.

START VISION

[A chest opens, spewing forth a bright light. The Ancient MERLIN stands before it, bathed in the light. A mountain explodes, burying the chest.]

END VISION

[TOMIN looks skeptical.]

DANIEL:
              (Shrugging)
              I've had the vision several times.

[TOMIN walks over to the chair, looking worriedly at DANIEL.]

VALA:
              Daniel shared his mind with a former Alteran named Merlin for a short time. He was one of the last of their kind, before they all ascended... like the Ori.

DANIEL:
              His consciousness is gone now, but he was the one who helped me build the device that was sent through the Supergate to eliminate your false gods. He foresaw, like the original Alterans, the danger posed by the Ori, and tried to find ways to defeat them without harming their human followers.

[TOMIN sits and shifts uncomfortably.]

VALA:
              We think that these visions might be remnants of Merlin's memories left behind intentionally to steer us in the direction of the Ark.

[TOMIN laughs in disbelief.]

TOMIN:
              (Unbelieving)
              And you think I'm crazy for believing in the Ori?

VALA:
              (Quietly)
              Not crazy, Tomin. Just... wrong.
              (Beat)
              The Ori are... were... not gods, we know that much.

[TOMIN seems struck by a sudden thought. He leans forward.]

TOMIN:
              You've both read the Book of Origin, have you not?

DANIEL:
              (Nodding)
              Yes.

TOMIN:
              (Standing, to DANIEL, then VALA)
              Do you not remember the part about Ortus Mallum?

DANIEL:
              (Shaking head)
              You'll have to forgive me, I don't know it by heart.

VALA:
              (Off TOMIN's look)
              Oh. Uh, big book with fine print and not many pictures...

[She shrugs. DANIEL and TOMIN both look at her, then turn back to each other.]

TOMIN:
              (Explaining)
              Ortus Mallum is the birthplace of evil. The passage speaks of a mountain that erupts and buries the place where all evil once sprang forth. I only ask because you mentioned a mountain that explodes in your vision.
              (Beat)
              If this "Dakara" was not the location of your mountain, perhaps Ortus Mallum is.

[DANIEL considers this information.]
              Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

great! I want more!

I hope the Ori are still alive and not killed by that silly weapon. Heck, they're ascended, they should have kept an eye on supergate
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

I am enjoying this very much. How much more do you plan to change?

In regards to an earlier post, yes, some of my script-form fanfics ended up running on with some inconsistencies, and my later ones have to end up being fixed up before I can post them at GateWorld. I write mine with the intended feel and ambience of a real episode, but it is NOT easy.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    great! I want more!

I hope the Ori are still alive and not killed by that silly weapon. Heck, they're ascended, they should have kept an eye on supergate
                    Speaking of the Supergate... that's where one of the major changes will be.

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                    I am enjoying this very much. How much more do you plan to change?
                    It will stay pretty much the same up to the point where the Odyssey arrives at the Supergate.

In regards to an earlier post, yes, some of my script-form fanfics ended up running on with some inconsistencies, and my later ones have to end up being fixed up before I can post them at GateWorld. I write mine with the intended feel and ambience of a real episode, but it is NOT easy.
                    You can say that again

Comment

Last Act in which little is changed;

Act III
                      Spoiler:
                      CUT TO: INT - AMELIUS'S LAB, ALTERAN CAVE, MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO

[AMELIUS presses buttons on the ARK, beginning to activate it. The first ALTERAN WOMAN enters. Behind him on a shelf is an Ancient communication device, filled with communication stones.]

ALTERAN WOMAN:
                      (Softly, to AMELIUS)
                      Amelius, what are you doing? It's time to go.

AMELIUS:
                      (Sighing)
                      I know.

[He finishes setting the device, watching it light up.]

AMELIUS:
                      (re: the Ori followers)
                      They have to know the truth.

ALTERAN WOMAN:
                      They will find nothing. All will be destroyed.

[She gently pulls AMELIUS away. The code buttons darken with no further activation. AMELIUS pauses at the door and turns back, looking around the room.]

AMELIUS:
                      My notebook...

[He grabs a notebook filled with designs of a STARGATE. He takes it and leaves with the ALTERAN WOMAN.]

AMELIUS:
                      (Excited)
                      I had the most amazing idea last night...

[There is a rumbling from outside.]

CUT TO: EXT - ORTUS MALLUM REGION, DAY

[Snow and rocks begin to fall away from the largest nearby mountain. The top of it shatters as an ALTERAN CITYSHIP breaks through the surface. The debris destroys the village below. The CITYSHIP lifts off the ground and flies into space.]

CUT TO: INT - SGC BRIEFING ROOM, PRESENT DAY

[CARTER stands in front of the screen, which depicts images of the ORI SUPERGATE. TEAL'C, LANDRY, and MITCHELL sit around the table, listening.]

CARTER:
                      (Explaining)
                      ...while we think we could use the ZPM on board the Odyssey, unfortunately, it's nowhere near enough power to sustain an outgoing wormhole indefinitely.

MITCHELL:
                      (Nodding)
                      So I take it doing the whole Pegasus thing again is not an option?

CARTER:
                      The fact is, we were lucky to avoid the attack from the Wraith the first time.
                      (Changing slides)
                      However, using the Odyssey, we believe we can beam four Mark IX nuclear devices strategically in between the Supergate's individual segments. Hopefully, undetected, they'll be triggered by any inbound gate activation. The resulting explosions should, theoretically, create a chain reaction that will essentially utilize the massive amounts of energy being channeled into the gate from the dialing galaxy to destroy it.

[While she speaks, the display demonstrates her theory, showing sabotage on four equidistant points on the SUPERGATE being destroyed and leading to the other segments' destruction.]

[DANIEL enters.]

DANIEL:
                      (Quickly, to CARTER)
                      Don't blow it up just yet. We may still need that Supergate.

LANDRY:
                      (to DANIEL)
                      Doctor Jackson? Care to explain why we shouldn't destroy the enemy's one and only link here?

DANIEL:
                      (Breathless)
                      The Alterans didn't bring the Ark with them, sir... it's still in the Ori galaxy.

INT - SGC INTERROGATION ROOM

[MARRICK fixes his file, his papers, and his microphone recorder in a precise and methodical manner. TOMIN sits stiffly at one end of the table. When finished preparing, MARRICK sits at the other end of the table, clears his throat, and clasps his hands in front of him.]

MARRICK:
                      Okay then. I just need to get a few things straight here for the record. Okay? It shouldn't be that hard.
                      (Beat)
                      So... you're a commander in the Ori army.

TOMIN:
                      I was.

MARRICK:
                      Yes, was.
                      (He chuckles.)
                      Of course. So, your duties as a commander involved...?

TOMIN:
                      Following the orders of the Priors. Supervising the warriors under my command. Ensuring the survival of as many of my men as possible.

MARRICK:
                      Right. Good. See? No big deal. Okay. Moving on. In the time that you've been here in our galaxy, how many innocent human beings would you say you've slaughtered?

[TOMIN stares at MARRICK, shocked.]

MARRICK:
                      (Angrily)
                      I'm talking personally here. I'm sure you didn't keep a running tally, so maybe you could just give me a general estimate. Hundreds? Thousands? More?

TOMIN:
                      (Confused)
                      What do you want from me?

[MARRICK stands, agitated.]

MARRICK:
                      (Angrily)
                      I just want you to answer my questions! And I have quite a few. They cover things like your plans, your tactics, your numbers, training, anything that might help us in defending against an attack that you say is coming!

TOMIN:
                      (Starting to talk over him)
                      I've already told the others all I know. Everything I was told about the coming fleet is in their reports.

[MARRICK leans over the table, inches from TOMIN's face.]

MARRICK:
                      (Ignoring TOMIN)
                      How many innocent human beings would you say you've slaughtered because they chose not to believe in the Ori?
                      (Beat)
                      Answer!

PAN TO: INT - SGC INTERROGATION OBSERVATION ROOM

[A troubled TEAL'C watches the interrogation. MITCHELL enters.]

MITCHELL:
                      (to TEAL'C)
                      Where's Vala?

TEAL'C:
                      She could not bear to watch... this.

MITCHELL:
                      (Nodding)
                      Did you hear the plan?

TEAL'C:
                      (Thoughtful)
                      Hm. Tomin wishes to accompany us. He believes he can help us establish contact with the anti-Ori underground. It may be, in fact, the best way to figure out where Ortus Mallum actually is.
                      (Beat)
                      From what I am told, the Ori galaxy is quite large.

MITCHELL:
                      Well, we can definitely use all the help we can get. Assuming, of course, the Ori are actually dead. Otherwise, this is gonna be a very short mission.

TEAL'C:
                      (Gravely)
                      Indeed.

CUT TO: INT - SGC, LANDRY'S OFFICE

[MITCHELL enters LANDRY's office. The General is at his desk. DANIEL sits against one credenza, and MARRICK leans on the other while reading a folder.]

MITCHELL:
                      (to LANDRY)
                      General.

LANDRY:
                      (to MITCHELL)
                      Colonel, I was just giving Doctor Jackson the good news.

DANIEL:
                      (with false brightness)
                      The mission's been approved!

MITCHELL:
                      I thought it was already approved?

MARRICK:
                      (Absently)
                      Actually, no mission is approved till the IOA officially signs off on it.

LANDRY:
                      (to MITCHELL)
                      You've been given temporary command of the Odyssey for the duration of this operation. Colonel Carter will act as your XO.

MITCHELL:
                      (Confused)
                      Sir, Colonel Carter outranks me... why am I being placed in command over her?

LANDRY:
                      (Sighing)
                      The IOA believes you are less likely to... get colorful with your orders.

[The two share a look, clearly accepting that the IOA doesn't fully trust CARTER, given her record under GENERAL O'NEILL.]

MITCHELL:
                      (Uncomfortably)
                      Sir, does that mean I have to sit in the chair?

LANDRY:
                      (with false happiness)
                      That it does! And I wish the fun ended there.

MITCHELL:
                      Sir?

LANDRY:
                      Mister Marrick will be overseeing the mission on behalf of the IOA.

[MARRICK shrugs and smiles.]

MARRICK:
                      (to MITCHELL)
                      Personally, I'm excited.

MITCHELL:
                      (with no enthusiasm)
                      Yeah. Me too.

MARRICK:
                      Yeah, this'll be my first time on one of our battlecruisers. We'll see you on board, Colonel.
                      (to DANIEL and LANDRY)
                      Doctor Jackson, General.

[DANIEL gives an exaggerated wave. MARRICK leaves and MITCHELL closes the door behind him. Beat.]

MITCHELL:
                      (Thinking, to LANDRY)
                      Can I confine him to quarters?

LANDRY:
                      (shrugging)
                      It's your call, Colonel. One of the decisions those of us in command have to make.

[MITCHELL glances over at DANIEL, who avoids his gaze and fights a smile. Mitchell grimaces.]

MITCHELL:
                      (to LANDRY)
                      Thank you, sir.

[He leaves. DANIEL follows.]

DANIEL:
                      (to Landry, with a smile)
                      Thank you, sir.

[DANIEL leaves. LANDRY half-smiles to himself after they're gone.]
                      Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

can you RED the changed parts? it hurts going over the transcrip of a 100% the same AOT. infact, i think the ark was a VERY bad idea. why not go to their galaxy, and go kill their ships? we have the oddy. jump out, kill a ship, go away. let the shield recharge some, jump, kill a ship, and go away. or toss a nuke on celestis. no doci. tadaa. or abduct the doci, and use the galaran device. really, whats the problem?

story element? no really, having these replicators go to the ori ships, wouldve been cool. lets see what they would do. no really. see the ori take the fight to the replicators. as we've done it to death

Comment

while you're at it, cant we capture an ori ship, by cloaking the oddy, and beaming everyone off a ship into space cause they dont know we're here, and have an ori ship 1-on-1, so we can finally see what they're capable of? or add in the tria, with full drones, and everything. i want to see an aurora-OM battle. and an OM OM battle. and an OM oddy battle

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            can you RED the changed parts? it hurts going over the transcrip of a 100% the same AOT.
                            That's why I'm warning you ahead of time that certain Acts aren't changed much, so you know. It takes up character space to put in the color tabs, and I want as much room per post as I can get anyway.

infact, i think the ark was a VERY bad idea. why not go to their galaxy, and go kill their ships? we have the oddy. jump out, kill a ship, go away. let the shield recharge some, jump, kill a ship, and go away. or toss a nuke on celestis. no doci. tadaa. or abduct the doci, and use the galaran device. really, whats the problem?
                            The Odyssey would eventually come up against more than it could handle.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            while you're at it, cant we capture an ori ship, by cloaking the oddy, and beaming everyone off a ship into space cause they dont know we're here, and have an ori ship 1-on-1, so we can finally see what they're capable of? or add in the tria, with full drones, and everything. i want to see an aurora-OM battle. and an OM OM battle. and an OM oddy battle
                            Eh this is my version. You want to write your own version of "Ark of Truth," feel free

Comment

Okay, this will see some major changes.

Act IV
                              Spoiler:
                              CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, EARTH ORBIT

[Establishing shot of the ODYSSEY as it sits in orbit above EARTH.]

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, BRIDGE

[MITCHELL enters the bridge. Several of the crew are already there, preparing for the mission.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to MAJOR MARKS)
                              Pre-flight?

MARKS:
                              (Checking his displays)
                              Board is in the green. We're ready to go, sir.

MITCHELL:
                              Have we heard back from the Jaffa and Tok'ra about our little plan?

MARKS:
                              (Nodding)
                              Yes, sir. Bra'tac has responded for both parties. They'll be there.

[MITCHELL approaches the command chair and hesitates before committing to sit in it, adopting a pose like Captain Kirk of Star Trek.]

MITCHELL:
                              All right...
                              (Beat)
                              Weapons to maximum.

MARKS:
                              (Confused)
                              Sir? I'm not reading any enemy contacts...

MITCHELL:
                              (Sighing)
                              It's a joke, Marks.
                              (Motioning with hands)
                              Make it go.

[MITCHELL waves impatiently. MARKS presses some buttons and pulls back on the throttle.]

EXT - SPACE, EARTH ORBIT

[The ODYSSEY breaks orbit and cruises away from Earth, then opens a hyperspace window and jumps away.]

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY , MESS HALL

[TOMIN sits at a table, staring out the window at the hyperspace streaks. MARRICK sits a corner table nearby, studying him. Both are wearing SGC issue coveralls. TEAL'C approaches TOMIN's table with a tray of food and sits, hoping to start a conversation, but TOMIN just goes back to staring out the window. TEAL'C glances back at where MARRICK is sitting before speaking.]

TEAL'C:
                              (to TOMIN, bluntly)
                              Nothing I have done since turning against the Goa'uld will make up for the atrocities I once committed in their name.
                              (Beat, off TOMIN's look)
                              Somewhere deep inside you, you knew it was wrong. A voice you did not recognize screamed for you to stop. You saw no way out. It was the way things were. They could not be changed. You tried to convince yourself the people you were hurting deserved it. You became numb to their pain and suffering. You learned to shut out the voice speaking against it.

TOMIN:
                              (clearly moved)
                              There's always a choice.

TEAL'C:
                              Indeed, there is.

TOMIN:
                              (to himself)
                              I chose to ignore it.

TEAL'C:
                              Yet you sit here now.

TOMIN:
                              I sit here...
                              (Quietly)
                              And I cannot imagine the day when I will forgive myself.

TEAL'C:
                              (Intensely)
                              Because it will never come. One day, others may try to convince you they have forgiven you. That is more about them than you. For them, imparting forgiveness is a blessing.

[TOMIN faces TEAL'C.]

TOMIN:
                              (Quietly)
                              How do you go on?

TEAL'C:
                              (Intensely)
                              It is simple. You will never forgive yourself.
                              (Beat)
                              Accept it. You hurt others. Many others. That cannot be undone. You will never find personal retribution. But your life does not have to end. That which is right, just, and true can still prevail. If you do not fight for what you believe in, all may be lost for everyone else. But do not fight for yourself, fight for others--others that may be saved through your effort. That is the least you can do.

[TOMIN thinks this over while MARRICK looks on, unmoved.]

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, P3Y-229

[A hyperspace window opens and the ODYSSEY drops out, cruising toward the SUPERGATE... and a single ORI WARSHIP that stands guard.]

[CARTER and DANIEL enter the BRIDGE, warily watching the enemy ship outside, already turning to face them. MARKS and MITCHELL look apprehensive.]

MARKS:
                              (to MITCHELL, off display)
                              Sir, picking up a single Ori cruiser. It's charging weapons and moving toward us.
                              (Beat)
                              Orders?

[MITCHELL closes his eyes, thinking.]

DANIEL:
                              (Thinking out loud)
                              We could cloak the ship and pull back...?

CARTER:
                              (Shaking her head)
                              No, we can't. If we leave now, the Jaffa will be--

[Suddenly, the ORI CRUISER fires its main weapon, and a beam of yellow light lances toward the ODYSSEY.]

MARKS:
                              (Shouting)
                              Incoming weapons fire!

MITCHELL:
                              (Opening his eyes)
                              Divert all power to the forward shields and take evasive action.
                              (to MARKS)
                              Get as close as you can and them blast that thing to Hell!

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE

[The ODYSSEY dives down, narrowly avoiding the ORI blast, then moves forward to get within firing range. The secondary weapons on the enemy cruiser open up, peppering the ODYSSEY with small white energy blasts.]

[The BRIDGE shakes slightly.]

MARKS:
                              (Off displays)
                              Shields are holding... enemy cruiser is launching fighters.
                              (to MITCHELL)
                              Sir, should we give the go-ahead to launch 302s?

MITCHELL:
                              (Thinking)
                              Don't bother. Bring the railguns online to deal with the fighters, but focus the Asgard weapons on the cruiser.
                              (Beat)
                              We have to end this.

MARKS:
                              Yes, sir.

CUT TO: EXT- SPACE

[ORI FIGHTERS drop out of the CRUISER and approach the ODYSSEY, dodging a sudden burst of railgun fire. The 304 pulls up and approaches the enemy vessel, then a blast of bright blue beams strikes out from the ODYSSEY... but the shields hold.]

MARKS:
                              (Shouting)
                              Enemy shields are failing!

CARTER:
                              (Thinking)
                              Quick, before they can get a lock on us with their main wepaon...

[As the ORI CRUSIER turns to face the ODYSSEY again, the 304 comes around for another pass... the two ships face each other head on, then both fire simultaneously. The Asgard energy weapons tear through the ORI SHIP's shields and land direct hits on its hull, but the ship isn't destroyed. Meanwhile, the ORI CRUISER's main cannon fires, but the forward shields on the ODYSSEY hold.]

[The BRIDGE shakes violently as the enemy main weapon hits the shields, but no one is seriously hurt.]

MARKS:
                              (Off displays)
                              Shields are down fourteen percent and holding. Coming around for another pass...

[MITCHELL seems lost in thought, then suddenly sits upright.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to MARKS)
                              Break aft and get us out of here.
                              (to CARTER)
                              Dial the supergate, now!

CARTER:
                              (Confused)
                              Cam, we're right in front of that thi--
                              (Realizing)
                              Right! Activating dialing protocol...

[The ODYSSEY dives toward the SUPERGATE, which begins flashing as the individual segments connect. The ORI CRUISER follows, firing again and again at the retreating Earth vessel.]

CUT TO: INT- ODYSSEY, BRIDGE

CARTER:
                              (Hitting a button)
                              Here we go!

[The SUPERGATE begins to form its event horizon, with a wormhole rapidly closing in on the center... but just before it completely forms, the ODYSSEY shoots through a tiny opening, emerging on the other side of the GATE and swinging around. Unfortunately for the ORI CRUISER, it can't make the same manuever, and is caught in the "kawoosh" as the SUPERGATE activates. When the wormhole stabilizes, nothing but wreckage remains. The enemy FIGHTERS fly off in the other direction, retreating.]

[The crew cheers, looking on at the remains of the ORI CRUISER. MITCHELL breathes a sigh of relief, then turns to MARKS.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to MARKS)
                              Alright, radio the others.

[MARKS nods.]

[A half-dozen hyperspace windows form behind the ODYSSEY, and suddenly eighteen HA'TAK and their AL'KESH escorts drop out of hyperspace, forming up around the SUPERGATE in defensive positions. This is a mixed JAFFA/TOK'RA fleet.]

[CARTER, DANIEL, and MITCHELL stand before the window, looking out at the fleet that has come to help them.]

CARTER:
                              (to radio)
                              All allied ships, this is Colonel Samantha Carter. You have your orders... hold this Supergate until we return from the Ori galaxy.
                              (Beat)
                              I don't know if we'll come out of this alive... or if any of you will. By now, the Ori are probably aware that we've taken their portal, and it's only a matter of time before they divert ships here to retake it. They must not be allowed to take control of this device again, or everything we're trying to accomplish here will be undone.

CUT TO: INT - JAFFA HA'TAK

[On one of the JAFFA ships, a group of warriors stands very still, listening to CARTER over the radio.]

CUT TO: INT - TOK'RA HA'TAK

[On a TOK'RA vessel, some of their operatives pause in their work to listen.]

CARTER:
                              (to radio)
                              I know that we're asking a lot of you, of your families, of your races, but this could be it. If we're successful, this war will be over.
                              (Beat)
                              And if you ask me, that's a cause worth dying for.

[CARTER looks at MITCHELL and nods.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to MARKS)
                              Take us in, Major.

MARKS:
                              (Nodding)
                              Yes, sir.

CARTER:
                              (to radio)
                              Good luck... to all of us.

[She turns off the radio and steps away, standing beside her teammates. In the window, the active SUPERGATE grows larger as they approach.]

DANIEL:
                              (Quietly)
                              Here we go...

[Set against the FLEET behind it, the ODYSSEY slowly glides into the wormhole... finally, it reaches the BRIDGE.]

[The wormhole slides through the window and embraces the team, dematerializing them and sending them through it to the ORI GALAXY... a sequence of WORMHOLE TRANSISIONS follows, and then they finally arrive at their destination.]

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, ORI GALAXY

[The ODYSSEY exits the second SUPERGATE and drifts. No enemy CRUISERS lie in wait, and only stars greet the team.]

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSET, BRIDGE

[Everyone looks amazed that they made it. MITCHELL approaches the window and smiles.]

MITCHELL:
                              (Quietly)
                              I'll be damned...

MARKS:
                              (off displays)
                              No contacts, sir. I guess the Ori never figured anyone would get through the Supergate.
                              (Beat)
                              Sir, where to now?

[MITCHELL glances at CARTER, giving her a "Well?" look.]

CARTER:
                              (to MARKS)
                              Hold on...
                              (Typing something on a console)
                              These are the coordinates of an isolated planet Tomin claims has an anti-Ori base of operations... we should be able to get in contact with someone there.

[MARKS types in the new coordinates.]

MARKS:
                              (to CARTER)
                              Done. Activating hyperdrive...

[A hyperspace window opens and the ODYSSEY departs, leaving the SUPERGATE behind. As they leave, the GATE itself shuts down.]
                              Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X