This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with restyling my bedroom!

End August my room will go through a transformation.

I've got the big picture in my head but I still have some doubts about the colors

=> the red thing shows my cupboards on the left side those will go away (thank you dad),my desk will go in that space.
    On the place where my desk is now (green square) I'm planning for a TV (37/40"), the subwoofer will go under it

=> The build in cupboards on the right side stay, one is my wardrobe the other one will be for my books and some other stuff

=> Bed stays and thing above it too

- Now about the color, we will use wallpaper and paint over that. The color I have in mind is dark chocolate brown, but should I use it all over the room are use two colors again like it is now?
    For the second color I had dark red in mind (bordeaux) but I think some sort of beige will be better

Share your thoughts please
    If I said something that is chinese for you I'll try to explain better

Originally posted by -[SpArkY]- View Post
    End August my room will go through a transformation.

I've got the big picture in my head but I still have some doubts about the colors

- Now about the color, we will use wallpaper and paint over that. The color I have in mind is dark chocolate brown, but should I use it all over the room are use two colors again like it is now?
    For the second color I had dark red in mind (bordeaux) but I think some sort of beige will be better

Share your thoughts please
    If I said something that is chinese for you I'll try to explain better
    holy tidiness batman!!!

anyway! my sister room is actually chocolate on 2 walls and a sort of soft caramel colour on the other two, that works quite well.
    i would say dark chocolate on all 4 walls would be quite oppressive.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

hehe tidiness, and it's like that all the time

Yep all the walls in chocolate would make my room seem smaller

But I guess that the wall where the tv will be has to be dark?

I so can't wait for my new room, really tired of that blue/yellow thing

who found the stargate dvd's

Comment

hehe tidiness, and it's like that all the time

who found the stargate dvd's

i see them, they take up a lot less space than all my SG DVDs though
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

I spy a certain prehistoric squirrel lurking behind your monitor.
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I just did a bunch of research for remodeling a house when I sold my old one 3 months ago.

Universal tip: Dark colors (like black) only make rooms look smaller and are often psychologically depressing, Bright colors (like biege) make rooms look bigger and are often psychologically uplifting, and neutral colors (like blue) go with everything and are good for rooms with lots of colorful objects in it.
            StarshineRoxie
            A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
              I spy a certain prehistoric squirrel lurking behind your monitor.
              mwuhahaha beware of it it might bite you

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
              I just did a bunch of research for remodeling a house when I sold my old one 3 months ago.

Universal tip: Dark colors (like black) only make rooms look smaller and are often psychologically depressing, Bright colors (like biege) make rooms look bigger and are often psychologically uplifting, and neutral colors (like blue) go with everything and are good for rooms with lots of colorful objects in it.
              yea I know but I like dark colors, not too dark that's why I will put in some lighter colours
              I just don't know on which wall

Comment

mwuhahaha beware of it it might bite you

yea I know but I like dark colors, not too dark that's why I will put in some lighter colours
                I just don't know on which wall
                IMO, I'd repaint the wall where the computer desk is now. Maybe only a couple of shades lighter or a brighter color, depends on your preference. I'm no expert, but that wall seems more boring because it doesn't have a border to break up constant background color like the other walls do. Of course, this just my opinion, but I think you are looking for other people's perspective and here is mine.
                StarshineRoxie
                A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X