Question about 'Zero Hour'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 'Zero Hour'

In the Enterprise episode 'Zero Hour' near the end when the Xindy weapon is near Earth, where were the Starfleet ships. I mean, wouldnt it be smart to send in some ships to help?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

I wondered about this myself. I found it odd that there weren't any ships. Tactically it made no sense. They probably spent all their money for cgi scenes on the xindi "death star" and hadn't anything left for starfleet ships.

Comment

At first i was like, maybe Starfleet couldnt detect them but then the blew up Yosemite Station and they still didnt show up WTF

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

I was just thinking maybe starfleet had sent all its ships to the outer edge of the sol system. earth didn't know about the xindi propulsion method. they could enter some sort of subspace corridor if memory serves. Maybe the circumvented the fleet and were therefore able to attack earth directly without interference. Just a thought. Haven't seen the episode in quite some time.

Comment

How big was the fleet at the time? 4 or 5 ships? Columbia and handful of smaller ships?

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
            I wondered about this myself. I found it odd that there weren't any ships. Tactically it made no sense. They probably spent all their money for cgi scenes on the xindi "death star" and hadn't anything left for starfleet ships.
            Enterprise had its budget severely cut in season 3. Most of that budget went to CGI. They actually ended up having to dump their top-of-the-line CGI company and go with one that was kinda.... eh. That's why the CGI looked so crappy in seasons 3 and 4 (ie, the sphere being crushed. That was amateurish. And in season 4 that Romulan ship doing those weird flips and spins. Man. That looked like something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. HAVE YOU PEOPLE NEVER HEARD OF INERTIA??? I know they have inertia dampeners, but they are just that, dampeners, not removers.). Anyway, I suspect that they had to cut down on the amount of CGI as well as the quality. They'd spend a lot on those giant scenes when the Xindi were trying to destroy the Sphere, so maybe they couldn't afford to do any scenes with Starfleet. But we did see some ships in seasons 2 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
              I was just thinking maybe starfleet had sent all its ships to the outer edge of the sol system. earth didn't know about the xindi propulsion method. they could enter some sort of subspace corridor if memory serves. Maybe the circumvented the fleet and were therefore able to attack earth directly without interference. Just a thought. Haven't seen the episode in quite some time.
              Even if the were on the outskirts of the sol system, starfleet could just call them back

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Considering how long it would take to get ships back to Earth at full impulse and how long the actual battle lasted, they would have missed it.

My REAL question is how Shran got his ship into the Sol system and just happened to be there to help. Well, it's a rhetorical question, but still...
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                X