Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Michael's ship in orbit around Mars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Michael's ship in orbit around Mars?

That zoom-out shot at the beginning of this episode looked a little... familiar, and in that other similar shot at the end of a season on that other show (the one what with Cylons and all), the subjects of the shot were meant to tell the viewers something.

A friend pointed out that it looked like the same sort of thing on Atlantis, with the big intergalactic zoom shot at the beginning of S&R. Sure enough, repeatedly pausing my recording revealed a blue-green planet (looked a bit like Africa and Europe facing the camera, but was very very blurry) and then a remarkably clear shot of Mars with its moons, Phobos and Deimos.

I haven't seen this discussed here yet, so I have to ask... am I off my rocker, or was Michael slumming around in the Sol system? That shot did leave the Pegasus galaxy, and did go to another one... and those planets looked mighty familiar...
    Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Your off your rocker.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, Michael's Wraith cruiser with no intergalactic hyperdrive was able to travel from Mars to the Pegasus Galaxy in just a few hours.

You really think that any Wraith ship would be allowed to orbit Mars unchallenged?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Your off your rocker.
        Zounds! The Jelgate cometh! Just for that, I'll take Fenrir's side in all things from now on

Okay, so how else am I supposed to interpret a blue-green planet with contours suspiciously like those of Earth landmasses, followed by a red desert planet that has icy poles and is orbited by two small dead moons?

That shot did take us to another galaxy, right? I mean, we saw a nice, pretty shot of the entire Pegasus galaxy as the zoom took place.... right?
        Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Limitied amount of planets to be used in CG1
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Off your rocker!
            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

The "red" planet is actually turquoise.

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
                Zounds! The Jelgate cometh! Just for that, I'll take Fenrir's side in all things from now on

Okay, so how else am I supposed to interpret a blue-green planet with contours suspiciously like those of Earth landmasses, followed by a red desert planet that has icy poles and is orbited by two small dead moons?

That shot did take us to another galaxy, right? I mean, we saw a nice, pretty shot of the entire Pegasus galaxy as the zoom took place.... right?
                I think you're reaching. It just looked like generic planets to me (the world they pulled back from (where the compound was) was blue-green but a) it's definitely NOT Earth and b) it's a safe assumption that most Earth-type atmosphere planets (what Star Trek referred to as M-class) would have a similarish appearance from space.

And I'm pretty sure the shot took us to another solar system, not another galaxy....?
                sigpic

Comment

I think it probably was a reused Mars model, the two moons you see are identical to Mars' moons.

Comment

It definitely wasn't an "intergalactic zoom" but rather an "interstellar" zoom to another, possibly nearby solar system. The planet in question was Mars-like, but definitely not Mars.
                    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Your off your rocker.
                      You're.

{_{
                      }_}

Comment

Now we're just getting picky
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Were.

No...wait...nevermind.

Comment

There are probably a lot of Mars-like planets out in the universe.
                            sigpic

Comment

Now we're just getting picky
                              Agreed. This is called watching way to closely.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X