Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, we've tracked down the cause of the interview audio problem. We have a few more recorded to burn through, but we're working to find a way to improve the recordings in the future.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Good news to add to the next podcast!

Continuum hit #2 in DVD for its opening week, and hit #1 for Blu-ray!!!

The Blu-ray may be worthy of topic for the next podcast.

1080p AVC/MPEG-4 video, and DTS-HD Master Audio, which I believe might be 24-bit.

Comment

Episode #5's LISTENER QUESTION:

Tell us about your favorite Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis episode that included either a parallel reality or time travel.
        These are my favorites from all SG/Atlantis episodes which pretty much is all of the time-travel episodes..

This is a hard choice (like anything with Stargate) because there are so many of them that is great.

First time i saw 1969 it was hilarious, an episode full with the typical SG-comedy. But I must say that Window of Opportunity is also very nice, a very typical O'Neill episode. I can't say that this particular episode brought that much to the Stargate story or timeline. Since then many other nice episodes have been done, like 2010, It's Good to Be King, Moebius, Unending and Last Man. They are all very good in their own ways.

In conclusion the writers have written great time-travel episodes. It's good that they have not over done it and given us too many plots with time-travel. I have to say that maybe Unending is a little unnecessary.. Haven't something similar been done in Star Trek and Andromeda???
        Last edited by Continuum; 10 August 2008, 05:30 AM.
        "History will never be the same again..."
        "Indeed!"
        "No kidding..!"
        "If you say so..!"
        "Here we go again..!"
        "Never say never..!"

Comment

I love the podcast. It's great to hear others who love the shows as much as I do.

Only problem is I can't download the episodes any more. Using RSS I get around 350KB of the episode and it stops. It's been this way for 2 or 3 weeks now. I have tried everything I know to fix it. Everything else downloads fine, so I have no idea. I will have a bunch to listen to when it does start working.

Keep em coming... Love it...

Loaded iTunes, even though I hate it, and it does the same thing. If I pause and resume it get about 1MB it time. Very Wierd.
          Last edited by ToyMaker; 11 August 2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Continuum View Post
            Many other nice episodes have been done, like 2010, It's Good to Be King, Moebius, Unending and Last Man. They are all very good in their own ways.
            There is one thing I have always wondered about the Moebius episode. What happened to the other timeline versions of Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Daniel after that they did the rebellion thing against RA and keeping the stargate-portal on Earth? Did they stop to exist when the SG-1 discovered the ZPM with the old video message and did not go to the ancient Egypt? Or did they (their other versions of themselves) continue to live their lives in ancient Egypt and their and SG-1 original timeline was restored?
            "History will never be the same again..."
            "Indeed!"
            "No kidding..!"
            "If you say so..!"
            "Here we go again..!"
            "Never say never..!"

Comment

Episode #6 is now available!

This week's installment of the GateWorld Podcast brings a very different sort of conversation. Since no new episode of Stargate Atlantis aired last week, Darren and David jump on a topic we have wanted to talk about for a while now. We're talking about parallel realities and altered timelines in the Stargate universe.

Also this week:

Contest! Congrats to our Stargate: Continuum give-away winners.

Listener Mail! Listeners tell us their favorite parallel reality and time travel episodes.

Listener Question: What do you think of the Replicators? Give us a call -- especially after you have watched this Friday's episode -- and tell us if you think they are still one of Stargate's best villains, or if it is time for them to go. We'll play some of your responses in next week's podcast.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks again to everyone for listening and contributing!
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I so love the opening lines...*My feeble attempts* LOLOL why do I want to escape

I don't want to rehash everything
                But it was just really fun to listen to you both re-live some of our favorites episodes

of course...it did feel like something was missing......... a female side-kick LOLOL

Overall though the discussion was interesting, fun and engaging

Hopefully we will be lucky and you will keep having fun.

Great job again guys!!!!
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It was interesting hearing talk about something other than a recent episode.

I just wanted to say that I don't think the Ancients built the Quantum Mirror, I'm convinced it was the Furlings. I know it sounds crazy, but there is some really good evidence for this theory (not mine, someone in the Furling thread suggested it months, maybe years ago).
                  It has to do with the episode Paradise Lost. The way the transporter, which we know to be Furling tech, worked is very similar to the way the QM transported Daniel. Even the control devices look similar.

Whatchamacallit Maybourne used to turn the device in PL on
                  Whatchamacallit from POV to turn the mirror on
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                    It was interesting hearing talk about something other than a recent episode.

I just wanted to say that I don't think the Ancients built the Quantum Mirror, I'm convinced it was the Furlings. I know it sounds crazy, but there is some really good evidence for this theory (not mine, someone in the Furling thread suggested it months, maybe years ago).
                    It has to do with the episode Paradise Lost. The way the transporter, which we know to be Furling tech, worked is very similar to the way the QM transported Daniel. Even the control devices look similar.
                    i agree it was good to talk about more than the newest episode, esp as only atlantis is on the air.

I also like the idea the furlings made the quatum mirror as it has no co-ordinates which is unlike ancient tech.

Great podcast this week keep it up!

Comment

Episode 6 is yet another great podcast! Thank you Dazza and Dave!

I found your discussion on Alternate/Parallel timelines to be very entertaining.

My topic suggestion for the next podcast that won't feature discussion of the latest Atlantis episode is a discussion on the SG-1/Atlantis novel range as well as the newish Big Finish SG-1/Atlantis audio range!
                      A Cameron Mitchell + John Sheppard duo = comedy gold!
                      +

Comment

Just listened to episode 6. I know, a little late, but I thought it was good and it provided me with some information that I didn't have before. Look forward to this Tuesday's episode 7.
                        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

september 2 discussion should be about the future of the stargate franchise. SG-1 is done and the movies are out, now what? SG Universe possibility, more movies? and what about the future of Atlantis? Jason Momoa has talked about leaving the show, could it be happening sooner than we think?

Comment

answer to question of the week:

While I tend to enjoy Replicator episodes I feel that they are being overly used. I think we've defeated them nearly as many times as Daniel has died! It's getting a bit old. I say bring in those borg-like guys from "Daedalus Variations" as a new bad guy.
                            sigpic

Comment

I just listened to podcast #6 and thought it was awesome! I have one question about something mentioned in the podcast, though. When they were talking about 'Before I Sleep', they mention it because it's a time travel story. But the audio clip of it they play has McKay explaining it to Weir in a way that makes it sound like an alternate reality story, which doesn't really make sense. I just realized this while listening to the podcast. What's the deal with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkglasses View Post

My topic suggestion for the next podcast that won't feature discussion of the latest Atlantis episode is a discussion on the SG-1/Atlantis novel range as well as the newish Big Finish SG-1/Atlantis audio range!

I second that, i love the stargate books and esp the audio books read by the actors, could u ask David Hewlett if he's going to do one, that would be awsome!

On the topic of the replicators, i think they were a great badguy but i've had enough now, theres only so many stories you can tell before they become less intimidating,(esp as wev'e wiped them all ouy once already) although ghost in the machine did manage to get my heart rate up!, also i think im a little bored of them as unlike the wraith and gou'ld they lack the shock value due to them looking like normal humans, you only have to take one look at a wraith to know their scary!

Comment

Working...
                                X