X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I thought I'd post this week's Listener Question for easy reference:

Episode #5's LISTENER QUESTION:

Tell us about your favorite Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis episode that included either a parallel reality or time travel.

(8/4/08)

Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

First thing first. I am a male David

Out of all the Stargate episodes that feature time travel, I would have to choose Before I Sleep. Its a change from the typical Stargate time travel story. Instead of going back in time, a Stargate tea is visitied by a time travler. It also to me sheds more light on the original siege and the Dr. Weir.

For alternate realities, I have to go back to classic Stargate. The greatest reality to Their But For The Grace of Gods. I'm love to see episodes that feature Doomsday scenarios and this one does it fairly well. We slowly get to see what would happen if the Goa'uld were to launch an invasion. It also shows a lot of subte differences between this reality and our reality. Also it starta one of the greatest SG1 mini-arcs.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Also this week:

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Just dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)
        You know, I was going yto give this as an idea, you know, call in and give thoughts, or ask a question... which now brings up an idea!

Ask the Stargate Guru; Ask any question in the Stargate universe (be it Atlantis or SG-1 or Fanon (Fanfic universe)) about anything and hear his thoughts! on the subject asked! It'll be a hit!

OR

If you were a Writer for an episode; pretty simple, "If you were a Wrtier" but for just ONE episode, what would you do during that single episode that you could write? What theme would you use? characters? worlds?

Thoughts?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Who's the English woman?

As for the script of the split screen part; I got most but not all of it here;

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57207
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I just want to say first .. I had a BLAST!!!!!!!! Thank You Darren and David for including me in a Podcast!!

I really enjoyed all the parts I wasn't part of. How cool that folks can win a copy of Continuum... I already bought my copy and I know you will recognize my voice anyway.

I was jazzed to hear Bill Nye is coming on

I really enjoyed the whole segment on viewer mail both hearing what Fans had to say as well as your responses.

Scott- How cool are you for being the first caller

Continuum Podcast
            I really enjoyed listening to the Continuum podcast.
            I really appreciated that many times during the discussion points were brought up to bring me back to the finer details about this movie that make it *More than the sum of its parts*
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Maybe someone can help me. Whenever I try downloading the podcasts from iTunes it tells me that the network connection has timed out. When I try using the RSS version it stops and won't start up again. Any ideas?

Comment

Great stuff guys! I've been listening through them the last few days and just finished with episode 4.

I dunno if anyone else is having an issue with this or if its just me/my computer but the volume seems to fluctuate a lot, enough that I have to adjust my volume. It goes kinda soft then loud again, but it has seemed to get better the more episodes I get in; however, I can still noticed it up to 4. Again it may just be my computer.

Comment

Volume leveling is definitely one of my main issues as I learn a little bit about audio production through this process. I'm glad that it seems to be getting better the farther in you go -- that means I'm getting a little better each week.

Let me know what you think of the levels in Episode #5. This week I employed an audio tool called the Levelator to even things out better than I can do manually. If it's working for people (and working across multiple devices -- online, on your MP3 player, in the car, etc.) we'll continue to use it in the future.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I've only heard audio issues during interviews. I have yet to hear any audio problems with the podcast itself. So for me it's fine. Maybe Jonathan091 has some sort of differant connection than me. Hope it works out OK.
                    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

It's not really a huge problem or anything just something I kinda noticed when I was listening from like 5-10 feet away from my speakers instead of the usual 2-4 or using headphones. It was a lot better with episode five though. I tried it on two different speakers and the only time I could really notice a volume difference was when the segments switched, but even then it wasn't anything to complain about.

Comment

I'm loving it so far. However, in the latest podcast where you played that call; it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long. I suggest editing longer ones that you want to play.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Falcon. That actually was edited down a bit. I decided to use as much of it as I did because it was our first (and, at the time, only) hotline call. They'll definitely be shorter in the future.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

just finnished the last podcast, really enjoyed your talk about the daedalus variations. Can't wait for next weeks.

my favourite time travel/alternate reality programme is 1969 for the time travel, mainly due to teal'c in flairs with a fro, but i think it was really well done, its actually believeable and i dont think any other time travel episode has done as well, although last man was a great one for atlantis.

For an alternate reality programme my favourite is Ripple effect from sg1 season 9, i loved seeing lots of different sg1 teams and i thought it was a nice touch to bring back Frasier and Martouf. For Atlantis it was Millers crossing, i loved the idea that Rodney was cool in an alternate reality.

Comment

Reply to question of the week:

My favorite time-travel episode..... Gosh, I would have to say that it's a tie between 1969 and Unending. 1969 was just hilarious seeing the team dress up especially Teal'c, and it introduced the time-travel theory, or maybe the fact that it was no longer a theory. But then Unending showed us how the team would react to being stuck on a ship together for a very LONG time. It gave us more character depth right before the series ended. I love them both, but in different ways.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                                I've only heard audio issues during interviews. I have yet to hear any audio problems with the podcast itself. So for me it's fine. Maybe Jonathan091 has some sort of differant connection than me. Hope it works out OK.
                                I have the same thing, the Podcasts work great for me, it's really the interviews that don't work well. I end up just reading them sometimes because I can't understand what anybody is saying. It's only some interviews though like 1 out of six or seven.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X