Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, now you're thinking like a superstar. We were just brainstorming about this the other day.

Stay tuned ... we're working on having some special guests as early as August.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Coooool!!!!
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Do I have to keep my hands inside the Death glider? When will we hear more about David's Wookie girlfriend? Where are these dirty symbiote jokes I being hearing about? These are the questions that need to be answered.

If the S&R podcast, was good than The Seed was great. This one seemed a little more laid back when discussing certain Stargate aspects and some of the jokes were plain hilarious.

I haven't seen Contiuum yet and haven't learned a single new thing. Maybe its because I read as many spoilers as possible but it seemed to me that only the minimal spoilers were mentioned. Its my opinion that your spoiler policy for future podcast should reflect the previous podcast

I kind of like Darren's (or was it David's) idea at the end. It would be good to find ways to include the forum in the podcasts.

Well worth a hour of my time.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I've just listened to both podcasts, one after the other (I'm a glutton for punishment! ) and have to say how much I enjoyed them.

I enjoyed the laid-back feel of the chat between Darren and David, and liked that each segment was just long enough to entertain me without dragging. I also liked the way you use the Stargate sounds to open/close each segment.

All the snippets of interviews got me interested in listening to them again, or look forward to when they'll be available here.

I'm also glad that you've decided to leave the podcasts spoiler free, as I'm sure more people, like me, will listen without worrying about any spoiler content.

Well done to you both, and I'm very much looking forward to episode 3.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, and P.S.: I have written an iTunes review for the podcast. [ * * * * * ]

Support FTW!

Comment

Thanks a bunch, AWNB! We'll do our best to live up to it.

Comment

Why the delay on this week's?
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

David's return trip from Comic-Con + Technical difficulties on my end + A sudden loss of wireless Internet = late podcast.

Should be up in another hour or two!

Comment

Episode #3 is now available!

This week's topics: "Broken Ties" and David's Comic-Con report
                    Plus: Trivia, Stargate news, site features, and viewer mail

New this week: We have a question for you, and we'd love to hear your opinion. Just post here (or send me an e-mail), and we'll pick a few responses to read on the air next week.

LISTENER'S QUESTION: Do you think MGM is about to green-light the third movie, the third TV series (Stargate Universe), or both, or neither? Tell us what you want to see from Stargate, and why!

ALSO! With Stargate Atlantis taking a break on August 8, we have our first open week to talk about a subject other than the newest episode. (We're doing a bonus podcast this week to cover Stargate: Continuum.) So also tell us what you want to listen to David and me drone on about for 30 minutes.

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing.

Comment

I truthly don't believe that we can have a 3rd movie, SGA, and SGU. Given that it looks like MGM wants to continue the franchise, I see three scenarios. A 3rd movie/SGA, SGU/SGA, or 3rd movie/SGU. I personally think we should stay with a 3rd movie and SGA. I'm not entirely sold on the SGU plot and its not exactly going anywhere. Also my sources tell me TPTB don't want to run SGU and SGA together. I'm not going to be a happy fan if SGA gets cancelled to make room for SGU. I have no problem with a thrid movie. To me AoT was a success in quality and financially. I also thought was good quality. If the stories are still good like they were in the 1st two movies then I say a 3rd movie is the way to go. So in conclusion, I personally would perfer a 3rd movie being greenlit over SGU

Are their any plans to switch Stump the Geek? I want to see how smart Darren is?
                      Last edited by jelgate; 29 July 2008, 10:07 PM.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

LISTENER'S QUESTION: Do you think MGM is about to green-light the third movie, the third TV series (Stargate Universe), or both, or neither? Tell us what you want to see from Stargate, and why!

I think a lot of MGMs decision will be based on the sales from Continuum. If they are good and they see a definite audience for it I can see them green-lighting the project.
                        I don't know enough about Stargate Universe to say if I would *want* to see it yet. However, if the franchise can develop a fresh look for the Stargate story I would want to see what they could come up with. I would like to see them bring in some *new blood* though. By that I mean new writers with a fresh outlook on the Stargate and its potential. I believe the gang has done a great job up till now putting out a decent product but over time it does become something that is done by rote. I would like to see whatever they come up with. However, I would not like to see the fandom get "Stargate Burnout"

Maybe instead of a sweepstakes for guest spots on the show. The show runners could have a panel of agents ready to review script ideas and have something of that nature for all the talent we see here daily. That way they don't actually read anything for copyright purposes and the winner has a temporary/permanent agent for one script. *shrug* its a thought

I would definitely not like to see two shows running concurrently again. That created to much of an easy out IMHO for both shows.
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I really like the Podcast, and I'm glad it's covering all of the Stargate stuff, not just new episodes. I just had a quick question for you guys: in your second Podcast, you were saying that to do more Stargate stuff, you had to follow a basic 'Stargate formula.' I agree, but I was just wondering, what do you guys consider the 'formula' for Stargate, SG-1/Atlantis etc.?
                          STOP KILLING WEIR!!!
                          Seriously, she's died HOW many times now?!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

I think if Continuum does well financially then a third DVD movie is a given, assuming they're not counting COTG SE as a DVD movie
                            If it's true that they don't wanna do 40 episodes a year again and SGA has to end for SGU to start then I'd like to see SGA run its course and SGU replace it WHEN ATLANTIS IS FINISHED. I would hate SGA to get canceled half way through for SGU.

As for what you can talk about in SGA's week off here's my suggestion;

COTG SE - What would you like to see changed? Does it need changing? Is it a big rip off for those of us who already have the original?
                            Minor Continuum Spoilers
                            Spoiler:
                            Will the mini-DHD used in Continuum make a reappearance in the extra scene that will get rid of the plot hole every newbie on here points out
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Completely enjoyed this weeks pod-cast
                              Loved that David got stumped once!!!
                              Comic Con is a Geek Holiday!!! LOLOL
                              Really nice review of Broken Ties ROFL..Woolsey as a daycare provider as well as the Commander

Overall this was a really enjoyable podcast. Both of you Darren and David really seem to sound like you are getting more and more comfortable with doing them and finding a great rhythm.
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 30 July 2008, 08:50 PM.
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I just listened to Episode 3 and this podcast just keeps getting better!

I liked hearing about Comic-con and about your future plans for the show.

Looking forward to the Continuum episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X