Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

Thanks a bunch, AWNB! We'll do our best to live up to it.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

Why the delay on this week's?

David's return trip from Comic-Con + Technical difficulties on my end + A sudden loss of wireless Internet = late podcast.

Should be up in another hour or two!

Lightbulb Re: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

Episode #3 is now available!

This week's topics: "Broken Ties" and David's Comic-Con report
    Plus: Trivia, Stargate news, site features, and viewer mail

New this week: We have a question for you, and we'd love to hear your opinion. Just post here (or send me an e-mail), and we'll pick a few responses to read on the air next week.

LISTENER'S QUESTION: Do you think MGM is about to green-light the third movie, the third TV series (Stargate Universe), or both, or neither? Tell us what you want to see from Stargate, and why!

ALSO! With Stargate Atlantis taking a break on August 8, we have our first open week to talk about a subject other than the newest episode. (We're doing a bonus podcast this week to cover Stargate: Continuum.) So also tell us what you want to listen to David and me drone on about for 30 minutes.

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

I truthly don't believe that we can have a 3rd movie, SGA, and SGU. Given that it looks like MGM wants to continue the franchise, I see three scenarios. A 3rd movie/SGA, SGU/SGA, or 3rd movie/SGU. I personally think we should stay with a 3rd movie and SGA. I'm not entirely sold on the SGU plot and its not exactly going anywhere. Also my sources tell me TPTB don't want to run SGU and SGA together. I'm not going to be a happy fan if SGA gets cancelled to make room for SGU. I have no problem with a thrid movie. To me AoT was a success in quality and financially. I also thought was good quality. If the stories are still good like they were in the 1st two movies then I say a 3rd movie is the way to go. So in conclusion, I personally would perfer a 3rd movie being greenlit over SGU

Are their any plans to switch Stump the Geek? I want to see how smart Darren is?
    Last edited by jelgate; July 29th, 2008 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

LISTENER'S QUESTION: Do you think MGM is about to green-light the third movie, the third TV series (Stargate Universe), or both, or neither? Tell us what you want to see from Stargate, and why!

I think a lot of MGMs decision will be based on the sales from Continuum. If they are good and they see a definite audience for it I can see them green-lighting the project.
    I don't know enough about Stargate Universe to say if I would *want* to see it yet. However, if the franchise can develop a fresh look for the Stargate story I would want to see what they could come up with. I would like to see them bring in some *new blood* though. By that I mean new writers with a fresh outlook on the Stargate and its potential. I believe the gang has done a great job up till now putting out a decent product but over time it does become something that is done by rote. I would like to see whatever they come up with. However, I would not like to see the fandom get "Stargate Burnout"

Maybe instead of a sweepstakes for guest spots on the show. The show runners could have a panel of agents ready to review script ideas and have something of that nature for all the talent we see here daily. That way they don't actually read anything for copyright purposes and the winner has a temporary/permanent agent for one script. *shrug* its a thought

I would definitely not like to see two shows running concurrently again. That created to much of an easy out IMHO for both shows.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Atlantis, when I'm not sneaking off to Hive ships.

I really like the Podcast, and I'm glad it's covering all of the Stargate stuff, not just new episodes. I just had a quick question for you guys: in your second Podcast, you were saying that to do more Stargate stuff, you had to follow a basic 'Stargate formula.' I agree, but I was just wondering, what do you guys consider the 'formula' for Stargate, SG-1/Atlantis etc.?
    STOP KILLING WEIR!!!
    Seriously, she's died HOW many times now?!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post

I think if Continuum does well financially then a third DVD movie is a given, assuming they're not counting COTG SE as a DVD movie
    If it's true that they don't wanna do 40 episodes a year again and SGA has to end for SGU to start then I'd like to see SGA run its course and SGU replace it WHEN ATLANTIS IS FINISHED. I would hate SGA to get canceled half way through for SGU.

As for what you can talk about in SGA's week off here's my suggestion;

COTG SE - What would you like to see changed? Does it need changing? Is it a big rip off for those of us who already have the original?
    Minor Continuum Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Will the mini-DHD used in Continuum make a reappearance in the extra scene that will get rid of the plot hole every newbie on here points out

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Completely enjoyed this weeks pod-cast
    Loved that David got stumped once!!!
    Comic Con is a Geek Holiday!!! LOLOL
    Really nice review of Broken Ties ROFL..Woolsey as a daycare provider as well as the Commander

Overall this was a really enjoyable podcast. Both of you Darren and David really seem to sound like you are getting more and more comfortable with doing them and finding a great rhythm.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; July 30th, 2008 at 09:50 PM.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

First Lieutenant A Wraith Named Bob's Avatar

Wraith Re: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

I just listened to Episode 3 and this podcast just keeps getting better!

I liked hearing about Comic-con and about your future plans for the show.

Looking forward to the Continuum episode!
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Chief Master Sergeant stargatelvr's Avatar

Earth Symbol Re: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
    I listened to the premiere GateWorld Podcast recently and I felt that for the first installment, it was great. The main thing I liked about it was the fact that it didn't include spoilers. I thought it was nice that you left it up to the listener to decide whether or not to listen to the interviews and possibly hear spoilers. I enjoyed how you had it broken up and the sound effects were nice. I also enjoyed the fact that you talked about what was being discussed in the episode thread for "Search and Rescue". Many podcasts, as I'm sure you know, have different segments and I think it would be cool if you expanded (which I'm sure you plan on doing anyway). Here are some of my ideas:

1) "Guess the Episode" - Have a clip of audio or dialogue from a past SG1 or Atlantis episode, or even the movies, and then the listeners can guess by emailing or submitting their answer to the forum. Then, maybe you could give away some prizes.

2) "GateWorld Tips" - A segment that gives some advice about GateWorld.net that listeners and users may mot have known.

3) "Omnipedia Snippet" - Take a passage or entry from the Omnipedia and read it on the air. You may even be able to make a game out of it. You could read the passage, but not the title of the entry, and then have people guess which entry it is.

4) "Behind the Event Horizon" - You could have interviews with the behind-the-scenes crew of the shows and movies. It would be more about the process by which things are done rather than what is going to happen in episodes. I know I can't determine whether or not this is even logistically possible regarding getting the interviews, but I think it would be cool. I enjoy the behind-the-scenes stuff.

So those are just some ideas I had. I really enjoyed the podcast, especially the discussion about "Search and Rescue". I may even be cool if you take thoughts from the GateWorld users that they post in an "Episode Thoughts for Podcast" thread under the episode forum. That way if they don't want their voices heard, then they know if they post in that thread then it may be used.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next installment.

I like the guess the episode idea. Sounds like fun. I've always found that podcasts that are really contributed to by the listeners are fun to listen to and participate in.

Absolutly love the podcast, as if i couldnt get any more geeky! As an idea for what to do, you could do a piece on the stargate books and audio cds, esp the new ones out, maybe do little reviews.

as for another stargate film and sgu i say i hope they get both, i dont think you can ever have too much stargate, as long as they dont get rid of Atlantis early to start sgu and that they bring jonas back at some point, i really dont think theyve tied up that story in a very exciting way! and i love jonas (though not as much as daniel)

Arrow2 Re: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

Great podcast, you guys.

I have not seen the new episodes from season 5 yet (since I am from the other side of the world and it has not arrived here yet) but its fun to hear what will come eventually and what is happening in the Stargate world.

As other people may not agree on I would actually like to hear some spoilers of the future episodes and so on... My suggestion is that you can discuss the spoilers in the end of every podcast and before every spoiler-session play a special tune of "spoiler alert" that people can recognize. If people simply don't want to hear the spoilers they can then simply turn off their ipods.

Just a thought!!

About the "Guess the Episode" idea that someone mentioned earlier, I think that is a great idea...hope it will come a reality.

It would be nice to have some live interviews in the podcast with the crew and cast of SG Atlantis (and the other shows). Maybe they could come with comments about the behind-the-shooting events and so on..

I can't wait to see Picardo as the character Woolsey. (Maybe he will appear soon as of the forum smilies? )

I only wish "Star Trek"-fans and their websites would have come up with this great idea of podcast (episode discussion, interview with the crew and cast) when the show was alive and kicking..

GateWorld is a really great site..!!
    Last edited by Continuum; July 31st, 2008 at 11:35 PM.
    "History will never be the same again..."
    "Indeed!"
    "No kidding..!"
    "If you say so..!"
    "Here we go again..!"
    "Never say never..!"

Episode #3 is now available!

This week's topics: "Broken Ties" and David's Comic-Con report
    Plus: Trivia, Stargate news, site features, and viewer mail

New this week: We have a question for you, and we'd love to hear your opinion. Just post here (or send me an e-mail), and we'll pick a few responses to read on the air next week.

Based on DVD sales I would say MGM will green light another movie.

It would not surprise me based on the cost of producing SGA if this is it's last or maybe we get one more season and Stargate Universe is then green-light to replace it.

ALSO! With Stargate Atlantis taking a break on August 8, we have our first open week to talk about a subject other than the newest episode. (We're doing a bonus podcast this week to cover Stargate: Continuum.) So also tell us what you want to listen to David and me drone on about for 30 minutes.
    How about a segment on the Stargate Continuum Soundtrack which will be released on Aug. 12th.

First Lieutenant A Wraith Named Bob's Avatar

I think both SGU and a 3rd Stargate movie will be green-lighted. There's still too much action to be had, stories to be told, and money to be made.
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Airman

hello guys,
    i new to gateworld and wanted to say thanks for the podcast!
    your interview with robert picardo was really, really great. i also enjoyed your discussion on the new atlantis epiodes as well. i thought it was an intelligent critique with a lot of geek/fan appeal.

more interviews would be great! (tall order, i know) i would listen to an interview with anyone working on stargate. as well any more critical discussions like your new episode discussions.

that's the sort of content i'm hungry for, rather than trivia or broad forum discussion topics.

i'm also really interested in fan created work. i haven't dug real deep yet, but i bet gateworld could be a great platform to organize talented fans towards interesting group projects.

Episode #4 is now available!

This is our special bonus episode, all about Stargate: Continuum. Beware of SPOILERS for the movie.

CALL US! We're rolling out the new GateWorld Podcast Hotline, a voicemail box you can call any time of day or night to record your thoughts on anything Stargate-related. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode or Continuum, give us your feedback on the podcast, pontificate on Stargate fandom, or describe your newest theory about time travel. Everything is fair game, if it's Stargate.

That number is: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Seriously -- any time, day or night. Don't worry, it doesn't ring at my house.

If you record your opinion of Friday's new episode of Atlantis by Monday morning, there's a good chance you'll appear in that week's new podcast.

Thanks again for listening and contributing!
    Last edited by Darren; August 1st, 2008 at 10:59 PM.

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Oh WAY COOL!!! you have the hotline up and running I can't wait to hear the fans comments on an upcoming podcast

You guys just rock the casbah

That's cool but living in the UK (long distance), I'd give it a miss

ETA: Thank you for that enlightening podcast. I too had missed Mitchell's certainty at the end of the film
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; August 2nd, 2008 at 06:14 AM.

In the future, if we think it is going to get enough use to justify the added expense, we might add a Skype voicemail box. So as a Skype user, you'd be able to leave a message via Skype from anywhere in the world.