Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

I know that Shore Leave 30 is just over. It was a blast. So I thought I would start the Shore Leave 31 thread. The con is held at the Marriot Hunt Valley Inn in Hunt Valley, Maryland right off the Baltimore beltway. Pre-registration is scheduled to start in October. Usually when pre-registration starts the hotel opens up for reservations. Never too early to think about Shore Leave!
    Last edited by griffindorgirl; 17 July 2008, 04:02 PM.

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
    Never too early to think about Shore Leave!
    AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I haven't even unpacked yet!!

Kett

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
      AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I haven't even unpacked yet!!

Kett
      I just finished unpacking and putting everything away. I got off easy this year. I packed less and didn't shop till I was broke.

Comment

Wish list for Guest for Shore Leave 31:
        Joe Flaniagan Pretty Please Kett!
        Micheal Shanks
        Jason Momoa
        Rachel Luttrell

BSG:
        Jamie Bamber
        Katie Sackoff
        Mary McDonnell

That's the list for now will think of more.

Comment

I have decided to wait another year to go to Vancouver for Gatecon. I just don't have the money to pay for the expensive ticket for next year along with all the travel and hotel expense. I am doing Shore Leave for sure but might try to do Gatecon in Chicago also. So the money that I started to put away for Vancouver is going to be the start of the Shore Leave 31 convention fund.

Comment

I didn't bother unpacking from Shore Leave 30 cause I'm on my way to Gate Con Vancouver in August! Squee! Hmmm, Shore Leave 31 guest wish list? I'm thinking about it
            sigpic

Comment

My Wish List:

SG1 =RDA & Amanda Tapping (Hey it's a wish list right?

Atlantis: Joe Flannigan and or Jason

BSG: Katie Sackhoff and or 6!Tricia Helfer & Edward James Olmos

Dr. Who: John Barrowman & ?? Lots of Who Fans out there.

Comment

Additions to my wish list:
                Stephen First (Vir on Babylon5)
                Penny Johnson Jerald (Cassidy Yates on DS9)
                Andrew Robinson (Garak on DS9)
                James Callis (Baltar on Battlestar Galatica)
                Tony Amendola (Brat'ac on SG-1)
                Garrett Wang (Harry Kim on Star Trek: Voyager)
                Micheal Dorn (Worf in Star Trek the Next Generation and DS9)
                RDA
                Last edited by griffindorgirl; 03 August 2008, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Whom to invite as one of the main guests depends on several factors, including "draw" (popularity to get registrations), personality (how they act at cons - if they like fans/want to interact or are standoffish or demanding, etc.), availability and affordability.

Colin Ferguson of EUReKA is a total crack-up on a panel, from my experience at the EUReKA panel at ComiCon this year. (Of course he was in a group and not alone.) All three of the celebs - Salli & Joe included - were fun. Don't know how expensive they'd be nor how much of a draw they'd be for non-EUReKA fans.

From BSG, I've seen a lot of the cast at ComicCon, and I think Aaron Douglas was fun at ShoreLeave recently. A lot of people have said they really liked "Six" (Tricia Helfer) at Shoreleave a few years ago. Jamie Bamber was nice but had to leave early the first year I went. I personally would love to see Eddie and Mary over any of the rest. I remember Katee was late to the panel the first year I went to ComicCon. Didn't make the BSG panel this year, but last year it was all women - any of whom I'd rather meet than James Callis, I think.

I've met a lot of the Trek actors over the years. From ST:TNG, I saw Marina Sirtis, Johnathan Frakes and Levar Burton in person at CC this year; saw Wil Wheaton on a panel. Saw Marina & LeVar last year, too.

The two I haven't met from Voyager (that I'd really like to) are Robert Duncan MacNeill and Roxann Biggs Dawson; I will have met Robert Picardo soon, I think. I met Kate Mulgrew years ago.

From DS9 I would love to meet Terry Farrell; met Nana Visitor same time as Kate Mulgrew.

Guests who draw fans from more than one program doubly benefit the con:

Star Trek/Stargate double draws include:
                  Robert Picardo (The Doctor on Voyager; Woolsey on Stargate)
                  The guy who played Phlox (the Enterprise doctor) also played Coombs on Stargate.
                  Armin Shimmerman played the Ferengi on DS9 and a Nox on Stargate.
                  John DeLancie (Q on Trek, Simmons on SG-1)
                  Martina Sirtis (Troi on ST:TNG & Svetlana Markov on SG-1)

Farscape/Stargate double draws include:
                  Ben Browder & Claudia Black

Firefly/Stargate
                  Morena Baccarin and Adam Baldwin would draw browncoast and gaters just as Jewel Staite did.
                  Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Heck if Joe Flanigan goes, Sign me up

Comment

I am new to all these forums. My question is, does Joe Flanigan ever go to Shore Leave or does he just do the west coast ones?

Comment

I'd love to see Patrick Stewart aka Jean Luc Picard. He's been in Star Trek and X-Men. I wonder if he has the availability, is affordable, and is he popular with the fans?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lindagagne View Post
                          I am new to all these forums. My question is, does Joe Flanigan ever go to Shore Leave or does he just do the west coast ones?
                          Joe's appeared at an East Con for Creation. So he does come out East.
                          sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                          Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by qksilver99 View Post
                            Joe's appeared at an East Con for Creation. So he does come out East.
                            I would love to see Joe at Shore Leave. He is my favorite character on Atlantis. I would also like to see Micheal Shanks. All I know is that the con fund is started and will be able to pay the registration price out of it already. So can't wait for October. As soon as I send the registration off, I am going to book my room at the Marriot.

Comment

I already have enough money put aside to send off my registration as soon as it opens. I already put my Shore Leave ticker on my signature. I am planning on paying off my credit cards and saving for the con.

Comment

Working...
                              X