This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie V.S. Show

I'm a fan and I really like the storyline of the show. I just have on question.

In the theatrical movie, when Daniel is tell Jack about Ra, I swear I saw a gray alien in the sarcophagus?
    At first I was surprised with how they used the snake things that go within after seeing a scene with what Ra truly looked like.
    sigpic
    ~I am the Ultimate Chosen One and was Chosen by Destiny~

The movie isnt canon with the series, you should just enjoy the movie for what it is and take in the general main points.

Comment

I do enjoy it. I'm only currious is all.
      sigpic
      ~I am the Ultimate Chosen One and was Chosen by Destiny~

Comment

Indeed. The movie is good as a reference point to what happened before 'Children Of The Gods', but there's lots of things in it that contradict the series and should be ignored.

Comment

Actually, I believe they retconned the movie to fit with the show. The grey alien seen in the movie as being Ra is explained as being Ra, but in an Asgard host. When Ra landed on Earth, he noticed that humans reacted better to whatever chemical reactions occur between symbiot and host or within the sarcophagus, whatever, so he took a human host. (Side note: This can later be explained by the Goa'uld using Ancient technology or its derivatives, and since the ancients are the first evolution of humanity, it kinda makes sense that humans react better to their technology). As for why when Ra got angry or whatever (haven't seen the movie in a long time) and the Asgard appearing superimposed over the human host, your guess is as good as mine. This very short summary was taken from the Stargate Wiki article on Famrir, here: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Famrir.

Comment

^^That's just from those RPG books, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Comment

Working...
            X