Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael and a Jumper (SPOILERS for Search and Rescue)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael and a Jumper (SPOILERS for Search and Rescue)

Michael lossed a cruiser but gained a jumper. Fair trade? I think so.

What do you think he can do with it?

1. Invade Atlantis.
    2. Capture hives
    3. Duplicate the cloak tech.

What about you guys what do you think?
    Stargate Revival Please!

the worst thing is that he reverse engineers it and develops advanced cloaking and drones.
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

worst thing is cloaks and dart shields

Comment

Loveboat?

Wraith Cruisers are like Ha'taks. Nothing exciting.

Jumper=best fighter ever created. Cloaking, drones, shields, and if McKay fine tunes the hyperdrive tech...

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Loveboat?

Jumper=best fighter ever created. Cloaking, drones, shields, and if McKay fine tunes the hyperdrive tech...

a jumper dosent actually have a shield but rather can convert its cloak into a shield but at the expence of your power source as it will deplete it eventually and you have to have someone zelenka level or smarter to convert the cloak.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Loveboat?

A jumper isnt a fighter. I mean what fighter would be built without sheilds . Its a recon ship that has the ability to defend itself if necessary.

Comment

^Huh?

The jumper DOES have shields, that is why it is so great. Go re-watch some episodes.

302s? Nope. Wraith Darts? Nope. Gliders? Nope. Ori drop ships/fighters? Nope. None of them have shields.

The jumper has the best missile weapon every invented, the DRONE.

The jumper one-on-one would easily outclass any fighter. That is obvious.

Comment

^Huh?

The jumper DOES have shields, that is why it is so great. Go re-watch some episodes.
                302s? Nope. Wraith Darts? Nope. Gliders? Nope. Ori drop ships/fighters? Nope. None of them have shields.

The jumper has the best missile weapon every invented, the DRONE.

The jumper one-on-one would easily outclass any fighter. That is obvious.

why dont you. b/c as i said yes they can make a temporary shield be converting the cloak butit drains the power really fast. my example is the episode grace under pressure where rodney is trapped under 1200 feet of water after his jumper crashed. here read the transcript straight from gate world-

SHEPPARD: When the Wraith attacked the city, you were able to turn the shield into a cloak.

ZELENKA: Yes.

SHEPPARD: Why can't we do the opposite?

WEIR: Turn the Jumper's cloak into a shield.

SHEPPARD: That's right.

ZELENKA: That would hold back the water, yes, but it would take significantly more power.

SHEPPARD: We shut down everything we don't need.

ZELENKA: But it would take hours to reconfigure.

SHEPPARD: Take what we need, we'll make the changes down there.

(Radek stares as he realises what John is saying.)

as i said b/f you cant do it easily and it takes hours and once you convert the cloak you no longer have one and it drains the power quickly so you really shouldnt do it.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

^As I said, the Jumpers do have shields.

Watch John take out Darts, well before this episode you mention, season 1. The Jumper gets hit by Wraith fire, the shield stops them. Then later, season 3, a drone bounces off Jumpers shield (time when the Asurans had Atlantis), Jumper escaping Asuran homeworld, gets hit, shields hold, etc and etc. Nothing was ever metioned about modding in any of those episodes. There are many others.

Jumpers have shields. In SG, they go after the Star Trek motto, cloak on=no shields and cannot fire concurrently.

Jumpers are easily the best fighter.

Comment

^As I said, the Jumpers do have shields.

Watch John take out Darts, well before this episode you mention, season 1. The Jumper gets hit by Wraith fire, the shield stops them. Then later, season 3, a drone bounces off Jumpers shield (time when the Asurans had Atlantis), Jumper escaping Asuran homeworld, gets hit, shields hold, etc and etc. Nothing was ever metioned about modding in any of those episodes. There are many others.

Jumpers have shields. In SG, they go after the Star Trek motto, cloak on=no shields and cannot fire concurrently.

Jumpers are easily the best fighter.

did you even read the transcript? it oblviously states that they converted the cloak to get a shield. and it took hours to do it. and when they get shot at its the hull stoping the wepon. not the shield. it not good to convert the cloak into a shield b/c as stated by zelanka, it drains power too quickly. the puddle jumper itself is not ment to have a shield but if you want one you can trade the cloak for a shield if you have a few hours and it only temporary. you cant just crawl into a jumper and push a button and get a shield b/c it has no shield generator.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

JS what are you on about?

The Puddle Jumpers, standard non-modded ones, do NOT have shields.

Like stargater1990 said, it was in "Tao of Rodney" that when he had the advanced brain he thought of converting the Cloaking generator into a shield generator.

But because it drains the power so much, it is not the best thing to have.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

What I'd do would be engineer some sort of situation that'll require a 304 to come investigate a planet and then sneak the jumper really close to it under cloak and set off one of those giant stun bombs from Midway. That pulse was powerful enough to take out the entire SGC and passes through solid material so there's no reason why it shouldn't debilitate the entire crew. Then you just summon in a Wraith cruiser from a nearby system and board it, go to the bridge and vent the rest of the ship to space.

Once he gets his hands on one of those it's ballgame. Asgard weapons and database, Advanced shields and hyperdrives, everything he needs to make all his little hybrid dreams come true.

I'd take it to Atlantis first just to see if my newly aquired wankbeams could take that out in 3 shots to. Then I'll go beam a nuke with "irony" written on the side into the SGC.

Comment

ok lets get some things straight:

a jumper doesnt have a cloak generator. its an everything generator. a cool emmitter, which happens to be set to cloaking. it can be set to be a shield, ARG emmitter
                          Spoiler:
                          wraith stun field emmitter
                          , and god knows what more.
                          to me, its obvious that the last thing the ancients used them for was to get home, and thus they would use cloaks. before that, they couldve been shields.
                          as to the power problem. ever thought of adding a mark I generator?

it wasnt mckay's advanced brain coming up with it. it was, as the transcript states, sheppard. he thought of it. and zelenka is zelenka.

lifeline:
                          after exiting hyperspace, mckay uses the cloak. they go down, mckay tinkers a bit. soon, they have an ARG emitter. they escape, then suddenly have a cloak.

the wraith could tinker the cloak into a shield. and he was 10k years old.

thats the point. michael could do that. especially cause hes smart. just go to a hive, board it, and release a ton of retrovirus, with 50% effect. half the wraith converted, fed upon, then release the real deal, and put the people in stasis.

tadaa, you have a hive. do that a few dozen times, and you have a massive armada at the end of the season.

i dont think they can reproduce drones. like it was said, they had gotten their hands on ancient vessels. dont you think they would reverse engineer em?

Comment

Its a cloaking generator, not an everything generator. It can be modded to emit an ARG field, or wraith stun field or what ever or a shieild.

The Omnipedia says its a "invisibility shield" but that is still a cloak. Same as the Alkesh.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

the jumpers were not intentionally biult with shields they were modified to suit the situation like mckay, zelenka and the wraith did back in season 1
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X