Dumb decision? (ep 5x01 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x303 View Post
    they cudnt really blast their way in though. coz it was a stealth mission. if they blasted in they wud have got much more resistence and they wud of got teyla straight away. u see how pissed michael was when he realised they're inside.
    I know. My point was that they should've thrown out the original plan and gone in guns blazing instead because doing so would be safer than lowering the Daedalus' shields and leaving it open to the Cruiser's fire. It happened to turn out alright, but it could've very easily ended with the Daedalus being destroyed.

They would've gotten much more resistance my way, this is true, but unless the hybrids had weapons other than stunners (despite us not seeing such weapons once) everyone would've been beamed off the Cruiser alive. And even if that isn't the case, if you're going to put people at risk to rescue someone, it's better to just put the lives of the boarding party at risk rather than risking the Daedalus itself and everyone onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
      The only thing I thought was dumb was not taking out the hive weapons before dropping shields.
      That was an incredible plot hole when you think about it. They were able to take out the Wraith hyperdrive easily enough.

Comment

A hyperdrive is one small thing. Weapons' modules are spread out across the ship, so taking them out with beam weapons would be tricky.

And anyway, saving Teyla was the priority. If Michael got away with her and her baby, his research would be completed and the dark future from "The Last Man" would come to pass.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I agree that events that took place were really unbelivable, now where to start?

First thing is that while the decision to get Shep and Ronan out of the rubble it was not that dire since all the enemy has is stunners, The ship could have run a sequence of evasive manuvers to get out of the direct line of fire, one I can think of is get right underneath the crusier, or even right next to it, since your shields can take alot of fireing there is really no threat of them failing and you can use your rail guns with extreame efficantly. There are many options...

Second thing is that I totally agree with that sending out a squdren of fighters is a terrible idea. What there should have been was a squad commander or some other lower ranking officer to quesion the actions of the captain, blind obidence is really bad.

Thridly and lastly Shep should have been knocked out somehow, he had to know that he was a liability, it could have easily turned into a rescue of Teyla, baby, and Shep. Sheps excuse was not very could, you add a chance once to save a team mate and sliped through your fingers, boo-hoo, you put everyone at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
            That was an incredible plot hole when you think about it. They were able to take out the Wraith hyperdrive easily enough.
            The real plot hole was the fact that it has already been established you can beam through shields. And what's more, the writers could have easily had the cruiser hammer the shields down to a critical level for the same dramatic effect. The episode would have worked out just fine with out going out of the way to add a major plot hole.

Comment

****munching popcorn and giggling ****

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                The only thing I thought was dumb was not taking out the hive weapons before dropping shields.
                I agree 100% there.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  First, when you're posting spoilers...use spoiler tags to hide it...don't simply say there's a spoiler and spaced down a bit.
                  Spoiler tags are not requires in the episode-specific sections.

Anyway, yes, it was an incredibly stupid decision. I'm so sick and tired of these episodes where the heroes have to be 100% good and go "No! We cannot sacrifice one single life for the lives of hundreds!"

Michael destroys the Daedalus, there went tons of lives, a powerful ship with powerful weapons and a great part of Atlantis' main staff. Not only that, if Michael had escaped with Teyla, his endgame would be complete. John knew what would happen if Michael succeeded.

Millions (if not billions) of lives lost, Atlantis abandoned, a new master race who are bred slaves for Michael. Oh yeah, let's risk all of that just so we can save two lives.

Would they have cared that much if it had been a random person instead of one of their close friends? The stupidity and hypocrisy. "Oh, it's a teammate!", "It's a close friend!", "We love her!" - Yeah, well, the rest of the galaxy would very much like to stay alive, thank you very much.

It's not even like with Ford. Ford was just one guy. Whether he escaped or not didn't really mean much. There was no bigger picture there. Teyla and her baby? Yeah, fate of the entire galaxy at stake here.

"Let's be sitting ducks and hope our plan works!"

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Was there a hive and I missed it?
                    LOL. Hive....battlecruiser.....Firefly...Enterprise...whatever it was, they should have taken out the weapons.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I'm just glad that
                      Spoiler:
                      the baby/Michael plot line appears to be resolved. Hopefully they will wrap up the wraith plotline, as a whole, in relatively short order. Then we can move on to something new. I would like to think that the brief appearance by Ford might mean that they will finally rescue the poor guy, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
                      Crossing my fingers for some exploration via the stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                        I'm just glad that
                        Spoiler:
                        the baby/Michael plot line appears to be resolved. Hopefully they will wrap up the wraith plotline, as a whole, in relatively short order. Then we can move on to something new. I would like to think that the brief appearance by Ford might mean that they will finally rescue the poor guy, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
                        Crossing my fingers for some exploration via the stargate!
                        Spoiler:
                        There's going to be one more episode involving Teyla's son and Michael in the back half of the season. Though at least the baby won't have super powers... I think...

And I agree that the Ford cameo was a plus. I'm looking to the back half episode Identity with it's supposed "guest star that will have the boards abuzz" according to spoiler information, though I do have a sinking feeling it won't be Ford.

Comment

Gah! Baby plotlines. Noooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                            Gah! Baby plotlines. Noooooooo!
                            I agree...baby plot lines...ugggg. Hopefully, it won't be prevelant during the season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X