• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Ghost In the Machine' (505) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 505

The city of Atlantis becomes host to the minds of disembodied Replicators, led by someone very close to the team.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:14 AM.

Wow, that was really sad...

Best episode of the season though, def had a stargate feel to it. Michelle Morgan did a great job portraying Weir.

Comment

that was sad, man. and kinda cruel.
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

although, i'm glad zelenka made it. a while back it was rumored he was gonna die this episode.
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

41 minutes of it was moderately boring...but i honestly didn't think the writers had it in them for the ending.

so kudos to them for having a backbone...and for giving woolsey one.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
            although, i'm glad zelenka made it. a while back it was rumored he was gonna die this episode.
            Luckily though, the red shirt got it instead.

Comment

A decent episode ruined by a crappy ending IMO. The episode seemed worthless after that, we started with RepliWeir and the replicators 'out there' and we ended the same way. Seemed pointless to me, nothing has really been wrapped up at all.

Comment

They'll shut down in space, I think, so it would take someone actually picking them up in a ship for them to return.

Comment

Pretty good episode. I'm continually impressed by the CGI. The space gate righting itself after the jumper bumped it was cool, especially in HD.

I enjoyed the story, it was a good ending to the Wier story line but left it open for Wier to return. I felt it did justice to Wier. Its too bad that Torri didn't want to come back.

The ending was quite sad though but I felt it is something Wier would have done in order to save Atlantis and herself.

Comment

They say in science fiction "No one ever really dies," butsometime you just have to let go and say goodbye. If she's really gone, then this was not a totally sucky way to do it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

A sweet little "goodbye" scene would have been nice, though (sigh)...

Comment

That was utterly brilliant.

First off, yes, I wanted Tori Higginson back. She's a brillaint actress (hell, the entire SG cast deserves big, A-list roles), but Michelle Morgan was great as Weir. She had Higginson's mannerisms and cadence down perfectly. I was unsure of the casting choice at first, but it was really well done.

Secondly, the story. Wow. The entire opening bit was full of character moments and was just a great slice of life for the team. Flying monkeys, I love it! The Puddle Jumper losing power and the crash with the gate was insane. I held my breath at that scene. I'm so glad Sci-Fi finally gave Atlantis a decent budget, the CGI has been breathtaking this season.

The mystery of what was going on with Atlantis was expertly paced. I knew Weir was coming, but just the way it was done worked on so many levels. The character moments with Weir were great on so many levels. Teyla bonding with her, McKay trying to make up for his actions (the guilt angle was really neat), and Ronon not wanting to be tricked again (when thinking of "This Mortal Coil", his actions here are perfectly justified). I am NOT a shipper, but there is definitely a connection between Weir and Sheppard and it was great to see that played up again, and to see Flanigan and Morgan pull it off.

I LOVED the sudden break out from Korazon. The camera work was great; the slow zoom to a double shot of Ronon and the computer screen as Korazon turns to the camera was a really well done shot. Well, there was a lot of good camera work, especially in the first voice conversation with Weir over the computer. It makes sense that the Asurans would be adverse to human bodies, and that they would pursue Ascension. They have been denied it, and they do not want to be forced to become what they were passed up for: human.

The last scene, wow. I kind of expected it, but the way the scene was staged still surprised me. That was definitely a Weir-choice. Very sad at the end. And the last look between Sheppard and Weir, yeah, great acting.

I really hope this isn't the end of the story. I mean, it was great, and could work as closure, but at the same time the story is so good I want it to go on. I was seriously bummed when Weir left, and even more bummed that Tori wouldn't come back, but Lifeline, This Mortal Coil, and Ghost in the Machine have really given Sheppard and Weir some great, serious, and engaging drama.

Ghost in the Machine: 6/5!

Best episode of the season so far, and the season has rocked.
                      Rush rocks.

Comment

Wait so what happened in the end?
                        They all just agreed to shut themselves down in deep space?

Comment

Oh wow....

I'm just kinda numb after that ending. I thought it was a great episode right up to the end. The ending was infinitely clever because not only is Weir on ice, but they also clearly outlined a way for TH to return should she choose to. It also neutralized the replicator threat again.

Still, Weir walking through a space gate... Man, that was sad...

Comment

Amazing episode! There was so much going on I almost can't remember it all to post!

I would have posted sooner but there were some technical difficulties with the systems.

Will update in a bit.

Vala,

Comment

This was an incredible episode and can't say enough how talented Michelle Morgan is. She did such a wonderful job portraying Torri's character: her voice, her movements, everything. It really caught me off guard at the end when she turned to the other Replicators and was like: "Shall we?" I kinda went "Oh my Gosh, that's incredible."

But I am a little confused at the end. What did Rodney mean we he said "I guess that answers the question as to whether or not it was Elizabeth"? Was it because she knowingly sacrificed herself and the other Replicators to ensure Atlantis's safety and that's how they knew it really was her? Bit confuzzled.

Anyway, incredible ep, definetely one of my favs so far this year!

Hehe, flying monkeys!!!! That's great!
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                              X