This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Hello, talking to the one who counted screentime and words for not other reason as to shut up the McKay-lovers when they screamed we were seeing ghosts.
    Uh, what? I'm not a McKay lover nor hater. It's just obvious that he was the writers' favorite character.

Let me check that for you:

Beckett vs Keller in season 4 when both were recurring characters

Total on screen time
    B -> 2 episodes = 18m01s
    K -> 11 episodes = 106m05s

Obviously there's a reason for the big diffirence as Beckett was supposedly dead for the bigger part of the season.

However...

Beckett vs Keller in season 5 where Keller is now a full character and Beckett's still recurring.

Total on screen time
    B -> 5 episodes = 37m51s
    K -> 15 episodes = 106m30s

Then comparing episodes in which they are both appearing:

Season 4

Beckett
    418 The Kindred I -> 09s
    419 The Kindred II -> 17m52s

Keller
    418 The Kindred I -> 2m10s
    419 The Kindred II -> 7m32s

Season 5

Beckett
    502 The Seed -> 12m13s
    512 Outsiders -> 15m19s
    518 Identity -> 7m09s
    520 Enemy At The Gate -> 1m23s – 83s

Keller
    502 The Seed -> 11m04s
    512 Outsiders -> 00m17s
    518 Identity -> 10m44s
    520 Enemy At The Gate -> 00m48s – 48s

As a recurring character Beckett gets to have a bit more screentime when they are sharing episodes.
    I was talking about Beckett's role in Seasons 1-3 compared to Keller's role in Seasons 4-5. Why would I be comparing clone Beckett to Keller?

Season 1: Beckett guest stars in 16 of 20 episodes.
    Season 2: Beckett stars in 16 of 20 episodes.
    Season 3: Beckett stars in 13 of 20 episodes, Keller's introduced in the finale.
    Season 4: Keller guest stars in 11 of 20 episodes, Beckett returns for 2 episodes.
    Season 5: Keller stars in 14 of 20 episodes., Beckett returns for 5 episodes

Keep in mind I'm comparing Beckett's role in Seasons 1-2 to Keller's role in Seasons 4-5. It doesn't exactly look to me like the writers were turning this into the McKeller show.

I sure had seen enough of Mckay getting the lime light.
    Fair enough. I didn't mind him being in the lime light so long as Sheppard was still the leading man.

I was a member of the Anti-season 4 and 5 threads, you are more than welcome to check them out for your reading pleasure.
    I don't like to read posts where people wine and complain, no thanks. I'd much rather critique the show in a more balanced atmosphere here.

As I said the constant moving of the camera and thus the always moving image on my screen makes me car sick (to make a comparison of sorts). So I couldn't even I wanted to.
    Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      Uh, what? I'm not a McKay lover nor hater. It's just obvious that he was the writers' favorite character.
      That wasn't aimed at you... I did that count when season 5 was coming to a close, I think.

I was talking about Beckett's role in Seasons 1-3 compared to Keller's role in Seasons 4-5. Why would I be comparing clone Beckett to Keller?
      Oh sorry, my mistake... I misunderstood. I'll get back to you on that tomorrow. It's too late now to sort through my document again.

I don't like to read posts where people wine and complain, no thanks. I'd much rather critique the show in a more balanced atmosphere here.
      It wasn't all whining and complaining... but whatever...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There was wine in that thread?? So THAT'S why you guys had so much fun!

And I've read that thread, and there was plenty of great discussion. But like with Vegas, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          There was wine in that thread?? So THAT'S why you guys had so much fun!
          Alcohol might have been involved with some yes, to make the viewing easier.

Comment

No. We used alcohol for Whispers. Take a shot everytime you spot a cliche. I'm still not sure how the episode ends
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              No. We used alcohol for Whispers. Take a shot everytime you spot a cliche. I'm still not sure how the episode ends
              Or remember anything else of that evening...

Comment

Season 1: Beckett guest stars in 16 of 20 episodes.
                Season 2: Beckett stars in 16 of 20 episodes.
                Season 3: Beckett stars in 13 of 20 episodes, Keller's introduced in the finale.
                Season 4: Keller guest stars in 11 of 20 episodes, Beckett returns for 2 episodes.
                Season 5: Keller stars in 14 of 20 episodes., Beckett returns for 5 episodes

Keep in mind I'm comparing Beckett's role in Seasons 1-2 to Keller's role in Seasons 4-5. It doesn't exactly look to me like the writers were turning this into the McKeller show.
                Leaving the quote for reference, here be numbers:

Beckett
                Season 1 -> no time available as he was listed as recurring and I didn't count that (made two exceptions for Kate and Keller)
                Season 2 -> (credited from Duet onwards, before that no data available) 69m32s
                Season 3 -> 83m52s

Keller
                Season 4 (as recurring) -> 106m05s
                Season 5 -> 106m30s

Comment

Liked the episode. Would have been better with the actress that played Weir. I didn't think the new actress caught her mannerism.

The ending was sad. I felt sorry for the robots. I also had thoughts of the ending to portal 2 running through my head so my sadness didn't last. I'm in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                    Still, Weir walking through a space gate... Man, that was sad...
                    yes it was
                    sigpic

Comment

being we know the replicators can be rescued years after being left out there in the cold, i wonder what will happen if anyone comes across them?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        being we know the replicators can be rescued years after being left out there in the cold, i wonder what will happen if anyone comes across them?
                        This is what bothers me, too. It's dangerous and irresponsible to leave them floating out there. They should take a puddle jumper out there, don their EVA suits, position the replicator bodies in front of the stargate, and then dial Atlantis to create a kawoosh that scatters the bodies' atoms across space-time.

Comment

OR push them towards a sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            This is what bothers me, too. It's dangerous and irresponsible to leave them floating out there. They should take a puddle jumper out there, don their EVA suits, position the replicator bodies in front of the stargate, and then dial Atlantis to create a kawoosh that scatters the bodies' atoms across space-time.

The chances of that happening are are really really really small...cause space is huge and the replicator would be drifting the whole time? I'd have to rewatch it. But it would be proof that replicators are like cockroaches.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              OR push them towards a sun!
                              The ships that were destroyed by the Daedalus and Apollo were over human planets they'd come to wipe out, yes? So it's possible, maybe that at least some of them were pulled by the gravity of that planet and burned on re-entry. One can only hope....

Comment

Working...
                              X