• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Daedalus Variations' (504) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 504

The team boards the Daedalus when it shows up abandoned in orbit, only to find themselves skipping through parallel universes.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:13 AM.

dude....those bad guys were awesome! do you think ronon kept that gun?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

AMAZING episode. I'm just gonna use one of the first few posts to say, Shep was on the DS again!

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. A lot of good back and forth between the team and the baddies were cool, too. They seemed pretty tough, but I doubt we'll ever see them again.

Comment

Ah, this episode was just fun!! I really enjoyed it. Just plain and simple, a good episode.

Those aliens sure reminded me of the borg, anybody else get the same impression? Well... not the ship, but the aliens themselves. Evil creepy dudes they were, nice change of pace though from all the other evil guys we've seen on Stargate. These were by far the most malicious bad guys on the show. They sure were way cool and very creepy and just plain evil looking, I like!

The very end! Omigosh I was howling!! Rodney as a dad, now that's a thought!! LMAO!!

Overall a very enjoyable episode, nice pace and it didn't lag at all. I was afraid it might on the way back, but it didn't... ok, maybe a hair, but it wasn't bad at all. I just plain enjoyed this episode.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Sheppard needed to drop the .45 and pick up one of the Aliens guns and start blasting. I loved this episode I am gonna rewatch it soon. I wanna know everything in the world about those Aliens.

Comment

I absolutely loved it but did anyone think it was weird that in the beginning no one bothered to call Woolsey? I mean he is the new commander of Atlantis and all. I know there's a dozen logical reasons why they didn't but it still seemed odd.

Comment

Very good episode. I feel like this succeeded where some one-off episodes fail in that it was fast-paced and very well written. The VFX budget for the episode definitely helped. A piece of me had hoped for a minute there that somehow the enemy ship had jumped to the primary Atlantis reality first, and then took off into hyperspace or what not to return again another day. Even though that didn't happen, this episode was creatively done, and it was nice to see the effort put into each dilemma, and particularly the effort in creating a new enemy - rather than just thinking of something cheap and quick that wasnt imposing or interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  Sheppard needed to drop the .45 and pick up one of the Aliens guns and start blasting. I loved this episode I am gonna rewatch it soon. I wanna know everything in the world about those Aliens.
                  Yeah, I figured if Sheppard didn't pick one up, Ronan would dual wield.

Comment

Amazing episode.

Atlantis has some of the best space battles in Sci Fi.
                    Cool enemies with awesome ships.

It felt like the episode went by kinda fast... def watching the second airing.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That gun was weak though. McKay took a direct hit and bearly even flinched. Sure he had to go to sickbay or whatever lately, but still. Maybe his blood will be infected by nanites or something.

Comment

to be honest it felt like a classic sg1 episode.....great

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
                          I absolutely loved it but did anyone think it was weird that in the beginning no one bothered to call Woolsey? I mean he is the new commander of Atlantis and all. I know there's a dozen logical reasons why they didn't but it still seemed odd.
                          The Doctor doesn't come for cheap . Picardo wasn't really needed for this episode, so it's okay that he wasn't in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                            That gun was weak though. McKay took a direct hit and bearly even flinched. Sure he had to go to sickbay or whatever lately, but still. Maybe his blood will be infected by nanites or something.
                            it was a graze on the arm

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, I just wish they told us more about the new Drive / the baddies (at least their name).

Comment

Working...
                              X