This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah average ep.

Keller has got to be one of the most boring characters. I don't think the actor helps with that. So dull.

Good to have Beckett back yet again.

Interesting to learn how hive ships are made.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh I don't know for most of the episode Keller was lying still and silent; her best contribution yet of the episodes she has been in.

Loved seeing Beckett again and once again reminded how much better this show was back when he was a regular, though this episode was a tad dull and never really seemed to get going. Woolsey was good but not outstanding (ever since I heard about Nancy from Outcast being considered as an alternative replacement for Carter I've been wishing that they'd gone with that instead).

Yeah, good but not great.

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis, apparantly watched on my 26th birthday or near enough...

1. Oh boy was Woolsey flat to start with.

2. Credit where credit's due, getting Carson out was a gamble on Woolsey's part that worked.

3. Not sure what Woolsey was expecting from the former hybrids at this point.

4. And the "welcome to the Pegasus galaxy" line!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

One thing I remember is a poster makig a melodramtic satire post in this thread about the expedition missing Weir and Beckett so much because the writers made one scene about Carter being a good leader. Sometimes this place is more entertaining than the episodes itself. I thought it was interesting to see how Hive ship develop. It also makes me wonder do Hive ships always require a human to start the process? And I wonder if crusiers follow the same process. It was an interesting insight into Wraith technology and I wish we could have seen more into this kind of story instead of some of the dren (Farscape term) we got in later episodes this season. In character terms this is really Woosley's episode. Yes Beckett and Teyla led the major assualts but these characters have already established themselves to be qualified. It was to show Woosley in action and the kind of burdens he has in action and how that differs from the comfy chair of the IOA. Speaking of Beckett this episode is what I hated him as a clone. It was like a reset that we glossed over and ignored. It always annoyed me the consquences of him being a clone was never explored
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

THE SEED (502)

In her first appearance on Stargate, actress Jewel Staite was unrecognizable underneath all that prosthetics and make-up in season 2?s Instinct. She did such a terrific job in the role of Elia, the tortured wraith, that we ended up casting her as a completely different prosthetic-free character, Dr. Jennifer Keller, in the show’s 4th season. But old habits die hard and, when an early episode called for someone to get infected by an alien pathogen, we automatically thought of Jewel for two reason: 1. She’d done such a terrific job the last time and, most importantly, 2. She didn’t complain. And #2 is key since the episode required her to be in at 4:00 a.m. every morning for a three hour body cast session.

Photos:

One of the many great things about the show was the thought, creativity, and hard work that went into even the smallest elements of the production – like, say, these light dimmers.

The Art Department’s Chris Beach takes one for the team

On set with actor Paul McGillion and director Will Waring.

The lovely Jewel Staite. Before.

Director Will Waring at work (photo @ MGM Television).

Hazmat Rodney. I want the action figure! (photo @ MGM Television).

This is what happens if you don’t clean up after eating breakfast in bed.

Nap time!
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the idea with the birth of a hive ship. I didn't like the Carson clone, and I actually thought the writers were going to kill Keller. Funny moments with Woolsey.
              Last edited by Cluas; 24 February 2013, 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yeah I thought they were going to kill Keller and replace her with Clone Doctor. I liked the idea of ships being grown and thought the story was setup well. Pretty good introduction of Woolsey as the big man in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                  Oh I don't know for most of the episode Keller was lying still and silent; her best contribution yet of the episodes she has been in.
                  so true!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    so true!!
                    more like false
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode would have been a good opportunity to kill a character, especially if they added more drama to the plot, for example, by making Mister Woolsey or the military order the character killed, and showed her running away. Even though the virus/organism is similar to what they had in the "explosive tumours" episode, which I hated, the Wraith tendrils seemed much more practical and recognizable.

It seemed wrong that the person came out completely unscathed in the end, including perfect face and other aspects of female beauty. There had to be some lasting effect if not death. Also the volume of organic material before it reached walls and the "conduit" was too great. It had to have come from somewhere in the character's body and cause its irreversible transmutation (which would be the reason why they couldn't surgically remove the tendrils).

I'm surprised that Woolsey didn't detain {Carson Beckett} with force, which is what the police/government/military does on TV. The scheduled "dial-out", despite the outbreak of a disease, seemed to lead to that. I thought they would treat the doctor as a test subject, and try to learn why his organs shut down, and how to weaponize the cause of it. There is no other reason why an organism altered by aliens would be knowingly brought back to Earth.

A "Wiki" in the Pegasus galaxy? What's next? The cloud and content delivery network? I think Michael was not the type to write an encyclopedia collaboratively. If he kept notes, he would have done so alone using his own code and system.

Dr Keller is alright. But I think she's not making a believable impression of being a medical doctor. Especially during the dialogue where she said she would play with a man's insides.

Comment

I thought this was a decent episode.

The tendrils were creepy AF.

Also fun first day for Woolsey. I like him. He's grown on me a lot quicker than I thought he would. Especially with how the beginning of the episode was going.

Not many other thoughts. I was watching the episode at work so I kept getting distracted. :/
                        sigpic
                        [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                        X