Stargate starmap tracker thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate starmap tracker thingy

Hey all, scifi.coms forums aren't working for me right now, but I have a question. In the first stargate SG1 episodes and then at random later on, when they dialed the gate there was a glass starmap in the control room of the SGC. Then there was a little indicator that moved across the glass to show where in the galaxy the gate had connected to. What is that thing called? I'm working on my show car and I'm going to make a stargate them, I want to make one of these to put on the roof headliner. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I don't think they ever give it a real name. I think it is just a star map. There's really good footage of it in the Stargate movie that you can work off of. Hopefully you can post a picture of your finished map when you are done.
    sigpic

Comment

It is just a tracker, it has no specific name

Comment

the one from the movie is different. the best referance I know for the one from the show are from the pilot, the enemy within, solitudes and a mater of time. the atlantis pilot also have people talking around a table version. I've made a version on the computer it has the compleat grid but not all of the stars or glyph markers yet. if you like i could send you a copy and you could just print it out on acitate.
        may contain traces of nut

Comment

Funny I just watched some of the original Stargate movie. When the malp reached Abydos for the first time one lady said it was in another galaxy, then the old lady said "It's on the other side of the known universe." But then in the SG1 series they said that Abydos was one of the closer planets to Earth which was why the planetary drift didn't affect the gate being able to lock on. Plus where did they get the information for that starmap (a 2-dimensional map of the universe :-p ) anyways?

Comment

starmap.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by austins View Post
              Funny I just watched some of the original Stargate movie. When the malp reached Abydos for the first time one lady said it was in another galaxy, then the old lady said "It's on the other side of the known universe." But then in the SG1 series they said that Abydos was one of the closer planets to Earth which was why the planetary drift didn't affect the gate being able to lock on. Plus where did they get the information for that starmap (a 2-dimensional map of the universe :-p ) anyways?
              That movie didn't really rely on Science. Given that the edge of the known universe is a few galaxies from here. I just pretend they though they knew what they were talking about. But they're map ended a few lightyears from here. A single light-year is a massive distance in itself.

Comment

Working...
              X