Asgard Memory tech.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Memory tech.

A question just popped into my head. When Anubis captured Thor. Why didn't the Asgard understand the tech behind the device implanted into Thor's mind? Wouldn't the Asgard have simillar tech as part of their mind transferance tech?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
    A question just popped into my head. When Anubis captured Thor. Why didn't the Asgard understand the tech behind the device implanted into Thor's mind? Wouldn't the Asgard have simillar tech as part of their mind transferance tech?
    Anubis' was made with Ancient technology, so it was probably beyond the Asgard's understanding at present. By the time they figured out how it really worked, maybe it was just too late.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

it was just a simple downloading device persons head to the computer

the asgard probaly knew what it was and does, they just didnt want examine the tech like earth people do when they get new technology and incorporate them

the asgard just use whatever they have
      sigpic

Comment

it was a ball with spikes. how could thor have known it was what it was, even though it could be predicted. besides, asgard can do that without the use of an implant, and revealing he knew what it was and did, might have lead to anubis making failsafes to prevent thor from doing what he did

Comment

I'm a little new at this but i'll give it a try. If i'm correct Thor just stated that the Goauld have no such technology. It didn't seem that he didn't understand it. The Asgard actually have similar technology as seen in New Order when Oneil's mind was transferred from his body into Thor's ship. It maybe not the same device but his mind and memories were transferred into the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by dominiator4ever View Post
            The Asgard actually have similar technology as seen in New Order when Oneil's mind was transferred from his body into Thor's ship. It maybe not the same device but his mind and memories were transferred into the ship.
            Going on that and what Thor did to Anubis's ship couldn't the Asgard create a Sentient defence system?
            Originally posted by Craig Charles
            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

they already had terribly advanced AI's

Comment

More advanced than an Asgard?
                "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

asgard have advanced AI

Comment

I will expand slightly on what I said:
                    Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                    More advanced than an Asgard itself?

Comment

well i dont know. but seeing as a massive vessel only uses one asgard to function, wheras other vessels of similar size and advancement use many, i think its equal to 100 asgard

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        well i dont know. but seeing as a massive vessel only uses one asgard to function, wheras other vessels of similar size and advancement use many, i think its equal to 100 asgard
                        Automation doesn't necessarily require an artificial intelligence.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Yes, Thor said that. I was refering to what Carter said at the end of the show. The Asgards have never seen anything like it before.

Sentient weaponry people you know the Sci Fi issue with those. They rebel against their creators. The Cylons. Matrix. Replicators Pegasus (Thanks to McKay), I robot.

The Asgards probably could Asgards could just download their minds in their ships, tanks, and other weapons making them transformers.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

THat thing would hurt like hell if that was in your head, but since people do survive all I can interput is that does not actually go in your head, b/c if it did your eyes would pop out and your head would crack open.

Comment

The Goa'uld can kill someone and bring them back to life.

Comment

Working...
                              X