Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Things you wish would have been in Season 10, and its Finale.

TBH the show didnt really end, it ended like a normal episode really or just a common end of season episode. The final although a great episode did not really work as a final and did not do the 10 years of SG1 justice. It wasnt terrible but nothing was closed off... i know they knew about the two movies but still closure is nice.

Brigadier General

Was Unending a finale?

Chief Master Sergeant sweetsamurai's Avatar

For me, the best ending for Stargate was the finale of season 8! The team finally all go to Jack's fishing house and fish. Perfect ending for me.

Now, in season 9 they introduce Cam and Vala - which I love.

I abhor the last episode of Stargate "Unending" - I still haven't forgiven Robert for that misindeamor. I remeber, I was laying in bed, late at night; all day so excited to watch the last episode, and when it began it was good but then it went downhill and I started shouting at the screen.

The next day I was still annoyed, lol - still am.

But, I think I would have liked O'Neill in the episode - I would loved to have had the last three episodes in Season 10 to be connected.

Remember the fianle of season 1, "Within the Serpent's grasp"? And the premiere episode of season 2?

Something like those episodes - lots of action, visual effects that summarise the great visual effects we have witnessed over the last ten years! Some real fight scenes, some amazing humour, SG-1 styly. Explosions.

And then after all that - they can all, even Cam and Vala - they all go to fish at Jack's house! AN me, I should be there, lol.
    Freebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Quote Originally Posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Was Unending a finale?
    No. It was a way to make me have an unending, till the end - annoyance.
    Freebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Oh, and they should have said a quick note in the credits to the lovers of Stargate - "Thanks, guys!" Or something like that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsamurai View Post
    Oh, and they should have said a quick note in the credits to the lovers of Stargate - "Thanks, guys!" Or something like that, lol.
    That would have been nice to thank the fans for their support. Although, as much as I adore Stargate, I think TPTB aren't really all that conerned about what the fans think or have contributed.

Otherwise, I would have liked to see a hint that there might be a way to restore the Asgard somehow.

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsamurai View Post

You mean a fruit basket of some sorts?

well i'm sure many a person would have wanted lots of scenes that involved ben browder half naked

O'Neill in unending would have been good
    just felt wrong him not being on the ship with them

As far as the Unending ep itself goes, I would have 86-ed the scene with Vala & Daniel. Daniel's monologue went on & on & on..... when it was obvious they were going to hook up. It made Daniel look shallow.

Instead, an actual arguement between Cam & Sam would have made sense. They must have issues with each other, even if it were isolated to this ep. And frankly, although I don't ship these two, if they had hooked up it this (all those years without sex, people have needs dammit).

An actual explanation of why Landry was there at all would have been good. I know it was the last ep & that was why he was there, but within the ep it didn't make a lot of sense (as would wearing his offworld uniform). Just a one-line statement would do.

The ep itself I liked. I knew it wasn't 'the end' as such, but it did serve as an end to s10, which was all it needed to serve as. Did I like the s8 ending more? Yes, but that was written as a series conclusion, and written before they knew they were being renewed. You can't compare the two - it's not apples & apples. Take the various Trek shows. They were good at the time, but don't age all that well (IMO), TNG especially so.

Actually, now that I think about it, the comparison to the end of TNG isn't too far off. Both eps offered a chance to see what would happen to the characters over time, but yet have nothing happen at all. Suddenly RCC has dropped in my estimation (copying).

As for would I change s10, honestly I'm not sure. I'd kinda lowered my expectations by then.

Perhaps more Cam and more Sam? Less Vala & Daniel? I think Cam & Vala had good (non sexual) chemistry (I've never seen farscape). Tone down the Daniel scenes. The crossover/Atlantis ep just made me cringe - the time to end this is now, i'm just so sick of hearing that...... puhleeeease. Get rid of the IOA - the most overplayed card in stargate. Less ships, more gate. Just everything that has been said before

hmm yeah the above point about less ships is a valid point
    while i understand they were trying to add to the story i just felt like i was watching another version of star trek almost
    star trek is based on ships
    stargate the gate
    think it should have stayed like that but thats my personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Was Unending a finale?
    Yes."Unending" is final Stargate episode. This is my favorite episode in 10th season,there have action,drama,despair,sadness,tears.
    http://stargate.mgm.com/images/universe-series-header.jpg

Universe A, Milkyway Galaxy, The Sunsystem, Earth.

I think the ending of SG-1 was very good! You must remember that the movies The Ark Of Truth and Continuum was the ending of SG-1 not the episode unending. They couldn't have added any more to SG-1 but Atlantis and Universe both deserve a better ending. Atlantis should have gotten the extinction movie and Universe should at least have gotten another season. That`s what I think.... -.-

Probie

I always disliked the final episode of season 10. I'd rather let it end with the one before where Adria becomes an Ori.