No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My god... I can't believe he's gone... It feels so surreal. I honestly thought I was reading the headline wrong. This is such a shock.

Comment

I was so sorry to hear about Don S. Davis. General Hammond was one of my favorite SG-1 characters and a large part of that was due to the wonderful balance of warmth and authority Don brought to the role. I know he had a long and varied career but his Hammond of Texas will always be my favorite of DSD's roles.

My thoughts and condolences go out to Don's wife Ruby and his family.

Comment

This is such sad news. I don't even have the words. He was at almost every convention I've gone to over the last 3 years and he was always so gracious. So kind and warm. Just a very, very genuine man. You will be missed, Don.

Comment

Terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
          sigpic

Comment

This is such a shock.

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends, family, and his wife.
            I will surely miss him.

Comment

I just read the news of Don's Passing on the Terra Firma Farscape forum
              and I couldn't believe it. I had to come here to be certain it was true.
              I saw Mr. Davis at Dragon Con and you can not imagine a sweeter more
              genuine man who seemed to really enjoy meeting everyone.

I know everyone's time is finite but I wish he could have been amongst us
              a little longer. The world will be a little poorer for his passing but then again heaven will be richer.

My thoughts to his family.

LadyH.

Comment

I can't believe how shocked I am at this. This world has lost a great human being. RIP Don.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is such heartbreaking news. I was lucky enough to meet him last year at a VC con. What a wonderful person. So delightful, friendly, funny...a true gentleman. He will be missed.

My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                  GateCon Attendee 2008
                  Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Don you will be missed.

Don's Family & Friends - sending you all hugs and tons of love at this time.

Whoa, I saw the post on Sky's lj just a few minutes ago. So sad.

The goddess graciously receives to her bosom all those that pass from this existence, regardless of faith or belief.

She holds, however, a special place for those who travel this life as a journey.

Don S. Davis will surely harvest favor. Her life was a series of strides toward enlightenment. Casting off the chains of prejudice and hatred, reaching beyond violence and bigotry, she sought a balance of lasting inner peace. In her name --

May the goddess receive you with charity.
                    May the goddess sanctify your spirit.
                    May the goddess purify your soul.
                    May the goddess always recite your name on the whispers of the wind.
                    Last edited by SunKrux; 30 June 2008, 06:19 PM.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

(Delete) Sorry Accident

Comment

We will miss you Don S Davis, Hammond of Texas, SG-1 would never be the same without you. Godspeed Sir!

At 65 Sir!! WHY!! SUCH A YOUNG AGE!!

Comment

I had the blessed opportunity to meet Don and he was amazing man, more than happy to chat with you and a geniunely wonderful person. He has left a hole in many peoples hearts. God Bless.
                          Humming?...

Comment

It saddened me to hear that one of my favorite actors died. Don S. Davis was an inspiration like the rest of Stargate was to me and my military career. We have truly lost a gentle soul who is now making his final way home. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends, but also to those of the Stargate family for we have all lost someone who has touched so profoundly in the past 11 years in ways we will never imagine.

Don S. Davis, we wait to see you on the other side.........

Strength Thru Honor
                            Knights of Davion

Comment

I was incredibly sad to hear this. And I had absolutely no idea he was a local boy (relative to me). Who knew I shared the same alma mater as General Hammond? Southwest Missouri State in Springfield, Missouri. Very cool. Certainly cooler than Kathleen Turner (at least I think so).
                              I'm bad. I'm nationwide.

Comment

This is just terrible news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. He was a wonderful and talented man who will be greatly missed and fondly remembered. This is truly a sad day.

Comment

Working...
                                X