No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only just found out about this! That's such a shame. He was an awesome actor and Hammond was a really good character. He'll be missed.

R.I.P. Don.

Comment

When I was looking around youtube for more tributes I noticed some of them had there music taken away because of copyright infringement

Comment

from the gw gallery

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Nice.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

I absolutely loved Don S. Davis, and I was really sad to hear the news of his passing. Interestingly enough, one of his last projects was "Wyvern", and I actually saw that movie the night it premiered . It was odd seeing him in something that wasn't SG (as I got so used to seeing him as General Hammond).
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

God bless you Dr. Davis. May you rest in peace. You will be missed.

Comment

I miss him. I really wish I'd had the chance to meet him.

R.I.P! We'll never forget you.

Comment

It's has been 4 years already.... he died in an Olympic year.

Comment

Originally posted by John Emmanuel Ramos View Post
                    It's has been 4 years already.... he died in an Olympic year.
                    Wow, it really seems like it was not too long ago. He was a great actor who clearly had an impact on so many people. No matter how long it will be, he will always have a special place in the minds of so many people.

Comment

Good luck and God's speed good General.

Comment

7 years now - Mr Davis won't be forgotten!
                        Godspeed!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

I was just thinking of him the other day. We all miss him.
                          Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

So I have been watching Twin Peaks for the first time. WOW! I have to say as little as Don S. Davis is in that series his acting performance blows away what he did in SG-1 and I love him in SG-1. Maybe it is just me, but that show suffers by not having his character in it more. I just think he is great and despite the fact he is playing someone close to General Hammond I feel they are miles apart, but equally great. I just think D.S.D. brings more interesting nuances to Major Briggs. Not that Hammond isn't interesting. I just think Briggs has more layers. I am so glad I decided to sit down and watch Twin Peaks. I have been pleasantly surprised by the show and shockingly surprised by how great D.S.D. is in it. So sad he has been gone for so long.

Comment

I watched Twin Peaks for the first time last year, solely because Don S. Davis was in it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Aww seeing this thread makes me nostalgic for the times when SG1 was still on air and he was playing Stargates most beloved general. He brought a real warmth to the role that many actors can fail to achieve.
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X