The Stolen Earth (3012/412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    It's damned unlikely that we're getting Doctor Eleven next week. Aside from the fact that David Tennant would get a far more epic death scene than that (he better do, anyway)...
    Spoiler:
    ... pictures got out of David filming the Christmas special, so unless theY actually got him to hang around in costume for a few weeks just to throw people off, he's not leaving.
    Plus, with everything that's gotten out over the last couple of years - the Daleks in season 2, the Master, BP leaving, FA leaving... - do you really think they could have kept that quite?

And what the hell happened to the Bad Wolf stuff...?
    Spoiler - very true, no I don't think they could lol.

Bad wolf - not a bloody clue!!

sigpic

Comment

Holy crap. Just... holy crap!

So much going on in this ep that I feel I need a few hours to cogitate - and possibly to watch it again! - before I can comment coherently. Obviously my overriding thoughts right now are "Nooooooooooooooooooo! You evil people! You can't do this to me!!!" and "Is it Saturday yet?"

I was quite happily not getting worried cos we know David has filmed the Xmas special and is signed up for the other specials... but then I started getting paranoid that that's all misdirection (they've done it before and knowingly lied to the effect that Rose was never coming back when they always planned to bring her back) and that this is it! Eeep!

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Unless Everyone's been keeping a tight lid on everything and deliberatly feeding the press red herrings
      That's my worry! Someone reassure me please!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I was quite happily not getting worried cos we know David has filmed the Xmas special and is signed up for the other specials... but then I started getting paranoid that that's all misdirection (they've done it before and knowingly lied to the effect that Rose was never coming back when they always planned to bring her back) and that this is it! Eeep!

That's my worry! Someone reassure me please!!!
        OK... Just breathe... Christmas special pictures...! (Spoilers, obviously...)

Comment

I'm gonna stick to the belief that the Doctor is fine, I'm sure he could do with a cup of tea first though, lol.

Comment

Well I'm reassured

But how do you stop a regeneration?

And if he does regenerate, I think it would overload the next episode. We already have all the previous characters, Earth in danger, Davros and the Daleks, throwing in a new Doctor adapting to his new body and personality would be too much. Besides, last time he regenerated he spent 3/4 of an episode sleeping.

Comment

Honestly I don't know and I don't wanna speculate, I just want the week to fly so I can watch the conclusion and find out how he'll get out of the regeneration, lol.

Comment

Holy mother, what an episode!

First and foremost, Miss Red Eyes said, "There WAS something on your back." Past tense. Donna doesn't still have a bug on her back, although I think she's probably going to be central to whatever happens to bring back Ten. Whether it's her own universe-spawning abilities, the severed hand, the second-out-of-sync or something else entirely, I'm guessing it'll all be down to her.

David leaving the show is a bit TOO big to have been so successfully hidden. I can see David misdirecting things a bit by saying he'd be around in 2010 when it might not necessarily be true, but the fact that there's been little or no evidence to suggest he won't be around is a little more convincing. To me, anyway. The most convincing thing, IMO, is that River Song recognized him. While he certainly could have done so in between eps I don't think TPTB would play it that way- he's gonna meet her again... as Ten.

The ep itself was so full of awesome I'm still trying to process it. I deeply regret that I didn't post my "So Long, and Thanks For All the Flowers" gag last week when I thought of it. LOL!

Multiple crossovers! I love it! This is the way crossovers SHOULD be done, IMO. Save them up for something super spectacular and then blow the doors off everything. HOWEVER, points off for Jack leaving his team behind WHEN THE DALEKS ARE COMING! Grrr. It isn't as if his teleport can't handle multiple people.

Harriet Jones! Yay! I laughed loud enough that the people upstairs probably heard me when she identified herself to the Daleks and they said, "Yes. We know who you are." LMAO! Even the Daleks know! Too funny!

Ianto did get some good lines (the dignity thing someone mentioned earlier), but can someone tell a Dumb Yank what show he was watching that made him laugh?

Still a bit amazed at my love for Rose. Probably because she still hasn't really had any scenes with the Doctor and instead is busy being all kick-ass and competent and not at all like the sulky, stroppy ***** I loathed by the end of S2.

Wow. Loved it. And the whole thing about the Dalek getting through to the Time War... you KNOW that's gonna come into play at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Holy mother, what an episode!

First and foremost, Miss Red Eyes said, "There WAS something on your back." Past tense. Donna doesn't still have a bug on her back, although I think she's probably going to be central to whatever happens to bring back Ten. Whether it's her own universe-spawning abilities, the severed hand, the second-out-of-sync or something else entirely, I'm guessing it'll all be down to her.

David leaving the show is a bit TOO big to have been so successfully hidden. I can see David misdirecting things a bit by saying he'd be around in 2010 when it might not necessarily be true, but the fact that there's been little or no evidence to suggest he won't be around is a little more convincing. To me, anyway. The most convincing thing, IMO, is that River Song recognized him. While he certainly could have done so in between eps I don't think TPTB would play it that way- he's gonna meet her again... as Ten.

The ep itself was so full of awesome I'm still trying to process it. I deeply regret that I didn't post my "So Long, and Thanks For All the Flowers" gag last week when I thought of it. LOL!

Multiple crossovers! I love it! This is the way crossovers SHOULD be done, IMO. Save them up for something super spectacular and then blow the doors off everything. HOWEVER, points off for Jack leaving his team behind WHEN THE DALEKS ARE COMING! Grrr. It isn't as if his teleport can't handle multiple people.

Harriet Jones! Yay! I laughed loud enough that the people upstairs probably heard me when she identified herself to the Daleks and they said, "Yes. We know who you are." LMAO! Even the Daleks know! Too funny!

Ianto did get some good lines (the dignity thing someone mentioned earlier), but can someone tell a Dumb Yank what show he was watching that made him laugh?

Still a bit amazed at my love for Rose. Probably because she still hasn't really had any scenes with the Doctor and instead is busy being all kick-ass and competent and not at all like the sulky, stroppy ***** I loathed by the end of S2.

Wow. Loved it. And the whole thing about the Dalek getting through to the Time War... you KNOW that's gonna come into play at some point.
                  It's the Paul O' Grady Show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_O%27Grady_Show
                  What do you do for recreation?
                  Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Comment

I was a bit taken aback by the regeneration thing.

I mean even if it is a parallel universe *thingy* there should be no other Doctor as the Time Lords lived out side of time and space (or something like that... he explained it in series two, I think they also mentioned it in the classic series, but I would need a lot of re-watching to find where )

*ponders*

I guess with no more Time Lords, only one TARDIS (that we know of) I could believe this, this thing of a parallel Doctor/Time Lord... I just don't actually want to. He should be and remain unique IMHO not used in some cheap way to end a finale.

It would be much better if DT had decided to leave and this is a real regeneration and the specials are with a new Doctor. However as I had already seen the piccies some have mentioned and more... well it ain't going to be *our* Doctor is it? Is it? Would they (TPTB) go to all the trouble of filming Chrissy scenes that will never happen? Just to make a us think he is staying on? I wouldn't put it past them but I still think they are messing with us either way.

I am willing to give them the benefit of a dam good explanation.

Anyho... my concerns about regeneration aside.

BRILLIANT EPISODE!!!

I loved Torchwood's bits, I bet this was filmed a few months later, all three look like they haven't been to the gym in a while and I loved that despite it being in Doctor Who they didn't shy away from Jack and Ianto's relationship *sigh* and Gwen was phoning Rhys, they mentioned Owen and Tosh *sniff* and how cool is Ianto when he packs heat.

It makes me really miss Torchwood though.

SJS, I haven't watched the spin off so I was a bit lost there, but I know the SJS character so well that it didn't really matter. Luke (is that his name?) he is not really her son right? Adoptive?

Martha, best not mention her.

Rose, so over the top with that gun, but brilliant. I loved it when she smiled at The Doctor, now that was Rose, 100% pure Rose.

Jack. Man in charge. LOVE.

Donna, something is brewing there, I keep thinking of Buffy and Dawn, Dawn being the key. Is Donna also the 'key' to something? She keeps saying she is just a temp. She is obviously so much more. Again CT played her part so well. I will truly miss her when she leaves.

Harriet, well she redeemed herself I guess. I never felt she was a bad person just slightly misguided. Although you can argue she was right about aliens coming and The Doctor not being there... I still feel the point wasn't about The Doctor not being there, but more about the point of what kind of race do we want to be. I prefer a dead one with dignity and compassion to a living one with malice and hatred... leave that kind of thinking to Davros.

Professor Richard Dawkins. That was it? Two seconds. I got my hopes up, oh well.

Daleks: Davros. Pity we all knew it was coming. I would have preferred to not know but even the trailers had him in them. I have always loved the character of Davros, he is so much of an Adolf Hitler type persona, he really use to freak me out whenever he appeared. I didn't really feel that way here, maybe I am older or maybe he isn't as threatening... yet. Interesting to see where it goes from here.

I do love me some Daleks. Really it isn't Doctor Who without them. I can take a lot of Daleks before I get sick of them. An insane (more insane) Dalek like Cann is priceless! lol He was so cute in a totally wrong way. Also what did he say about a companion? "Everlasting death for the most faithful companion" ? Now if Torchwood wasn't going on... ooh maybe Jack gives The Doctor some of his life, so he can die now.

Or

I am thinking Rose may die.

Donna may also but if Donna wasn't real (like Dawn) then would her death count?

I think Rose will die. Rose has to be seen, in the context of New Who, as the most faithful of all his companions. Also when she was Bad Wolf, TARDIS heart and all, she could see everything in time and space, all that had been and all that WILL be. Maybe she already knew this was going to happen. Maybe she has always known, but until she could find a way to see an end to it (Donna?) she couldn't say anything to The Doctor...

It's a thought.

I seriously cannot wait until next week.

Comment

Incredible episode! I can only hope next week's finale will be as good, or better.

There's so much that was left unanswered. The Shadow Proclamation, I hope we see more of them and Dr Jones' square key, I want to know what it is!!!

Comment

So awesome I nearly collapsed with delight!

The Valiant getting pounded by Daleks, Martha ending up at her parents place, every scene at Torchwood, Mr.Smith..............I could go on.

That was without a doubt one of the most awesome episodes of Doctor Who I have ever seen and I cannot wait for the conclusion, especially with that cliffhanger.....
                        "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

So, assuming that we do get to see a new regeneration- for however long- do you think he'll be Eleven at some point down the road or is he going to be some "False Doctor" and we'll get a completely new Eleven at some point.

Also, just realized, technically the regeneration could stick and one or more of the specials could center on River. Assuming the specials are non-linear.

Willow, what you said about Donna... Do you mean that Donna is the Osterhagen Key that Martha has? That could be interesting and would theoretically explain a few things, though it'd leave a ton more questions in its wake. And I dunno, "salvation of mankind" tends to make me think of some kind of genesis device that could repopulate the planet or something similar.

BTW, what was with the Master's drumbeat playing when Harriet Jones' signal was being received?

Comment

Just wanted to add.

I REALLY don't want David to leave.

What ever they are planning I just hope David stays on. I can live with weird arsed endings, I would completely accept a new actor in the role, even Nesbitt but I just want David there for a bit longer.

He is such a good actor and totally hot! lol

btw: When I say it would be cheap, I mean it would be cheap if the regeneration wasn't real for our Doctor. I am fully aware that Classic Who used the regeneration thing to end series. I remember waiting and waiting to see what Peter Davison would be like as Doctor... how could Tristan (I loved Tristan) become The Doctor? But he was brilliant as it turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Willow, what you said about Donna... Do you mean that Donna is the Osterhagen Key that Martha has? That could be interesting and would theoretically explain a few things, though it'd leave a ton more questions in its wake. And I dunno, "salvation of mankind" tends to make me think of some kind of genesis device that could repopulate the planet or something similar.
                              Well not so much that 'key' or maybe.

I was just thinking out loud that while on Buffy, Dawn was human but not, she was a key to open another dimension. Well I guess I am thinking as RTD does love the Buffyverse and given that Rose is from another dimension, one The Doctor said was locked for him, either the key to opening it is Donna or maybe the answer to closing something is Donna. Not as literal as Dawn, but a 'key' in some way to stopping this from happening, or even reversing it.

I don't know, but it seems a little odd with everything that is going on with Donna. I think we are pretty much all in the one mind that there is something else happening with Donna in the background. We know she is involved in whatever is going to happen, and not just as another companion.

River seemed to also be hinting at that, even Rose had that look on her face when see told Donna she would die. Now Donna thinks it was her 'other' self that died, but what if it wasn't. What if Rose still knows 'this' Donna will die?

The square key that Martha has may be related to this or it may be a red herring. I have no idea. Should be fun finding out though.

BTW, what was with the Master's drumbeat playing when Harriet Jones' signal was being received?
                              No more money for new music?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                                There is never (well, in New Who) a preview for the last ep, as far as I know. And it's a long ep too
                                *squee*
                                Indeed - from the BBC Doctor Who Website:

If you've just watched the thrilling cliff-hanger to The Stolen Earth, you're probably wondering how we could possibly wrap things up in just one more regular episode.

The answer is - we can't. That's why next week's, episode, Journey's End, will run for an amazing 65 minutes! That's almost 50 per cent longer than a regular episode, and even longer than the first two Christmas Specials.

Make sure you're glued to your TV at the slightly earlier time of 6.40pm on Saturday 5th July so you don't miss a moment of epic action.

If you can't wait that long, however, tune in to BBC One tomorrow just before 1pm to see a bonus trailer for the episode. We'll have it online here at the Official Site straight afterwards too.
                                As for the ep ... Wowsers. That is all ...
                                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                                X