• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stolen Earth (3012/412)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 30
    THE STOLEN EARTH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3012

Donna and the Doctor must track down Earth after it vanishes, while the planet's greatest heroes deal with the return of the return of the Daleks.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:56 PM.

Well, well, well - gripping or what?

Harriet Jones, dear love her, "Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister" followed by "We know"

I really can't wait to see the conclusion next week, I was sitting on the edge of my seat like a little dweeb. Why wouldn't you? like you gotta love it when the "secret army" cooperated with the whole plan of calling the Doctor, that was a sweet scene. With Rose muttering, "He's coming back" or "He came back for me" despite the fact that she wasn't really involved with the calling of the Doctor though it was her who sent the "Bad Wolf" message... but to compensate Rose and Doctor running to each other was so beautiful, but no, the Dalek had to be on the street that intersects the road they were on.

Anyway, amazing first parter, love it, the Daleks are awesome and poor Sarah Jane, using a car? While Rose had what looked like a dimensional transporter, Martha has the Project Indigo and Jack had his wristwatch thing, poor Sarah only has a car. **sigh**

Ianto continues to be as cute as ever, especially when Jack references how he knew the Project Indigo.

Comment

I am just really overwhelmed...so much was going on in that episode. Think i'm going to have to re-watch it right now cos people are talking about hearing 'the drums' and i didn't even notice!! Gripping, really gripping stuff.
      And regeneration?! Uh what?? But DT isn't leaving, right..? Bewildered and impatient=me
      What do you do for recreation?
      Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Comment

This whole situation is still a paralellel universe created around Donna Noble as evidence by that worker at the Shadow Proclomation saying 'there is something on your back' meaning that Donna still has one of those Tricksters Brigade beetles attached to her.

In this alternate reality that was made around Donna, the Doctor regenerates. I wonder who the alternative Doctor will be played by next week?
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

that was quite edgy on the seat, poor kaan though, he would of been quite good if he stayed normal

davros didnt really surprise me, we all knew who was going to come back, it lost the appeal to me

donna noble still has that thing on her back, likely another alternate reality inside another one since DT said he be around till 2010

where are the dalek shields gone, maybe davros couldnt give them all one since making humans out of them

harriet jones, former prime minister.......(dalek): we know

phaha best line in that ep
          sigpic

Comment

What the that was awsome, I don't actually know what to say yet as I've only just seen it but I loved it, I loved the way all the companions just came together, Rose's jealosy of Martha was funny and Dr/Rose Hollywood running towards eachother with cheesy 'Love Story' music I could really have done without but that's my only gripe. I'm going to have to watch it again before I can add any more but I can't wait to see who the Doctor regenerates into, I wonder if it's Christopher Ecclestone, I can't believe there's no clip of next week's show.

Line of the week

"Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister"

"We Know"

Edit Well now we know what happened to the bees and the Adipose and Pyroville planets, I loved Gwen's line about Tosh and Owen and Ianto's "Yes Ma'am" And the Medusa Cascade is the Cardiff Rift, who knew
            Last edited by Reefgirl; 28 June 2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
              'there is something on your back' meaning that Donna still has one of those Tricksters Brigade beetles attached to her.
              I thought so too so I rewatched the episode again on the BBC iPlayer and it was actually, "There was something on your back". Which Donna replies with, "Yeah, there was".

I love the incidental music that was accompanying this episode, it features almost everything from the past years.

Comment

I loved nutty Dalek Caan. Brillian. Dalek Sec now has a contender for my affections!

Brilliant ep. I can't wait a whole week!

Comment

loved the tiny janto moment (you need to squint):

Martha: The Indigo Project in top secret. No-one is supposed to know about that!
                  Jack: I met a soldier in a bar, long story!
                  Ianto: When was that? (N/B: look at Iantos face, which is slightly annoyed where he says this!)
                  Jack: Strictly professional! (N/B: Look at the slight "oh, sh*t!" look on jacks face when he says this! )

*cackles*

Line of the series: "Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister" "We Know"

I honestly think that this penultimate episode and the series finale will be a bit of a cop out as i think that its not our reality (if you know what i mean), because DT said that he would be Doctor to 2010 (there would have be a big hype if he was leaving) and that really white woman, who gave donna food, noticed "that there's something on your back"!!

oh and, er.....

WHO THE HELL WAS IT THAT DECIDING TO WRITE "TO BE CONTINUED" AT THE END, IN BIG HUGE SILVER LETTERS ACROSS THE SCREEN, WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?! They've never done that before (as far as i know)...I mean, i threw my remote across the room because of that! Are TPTB winding us up, what with that and no preview for next weeks episode?!

The preview keeps me going!! *whines*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                    loved the tiny janto moment (you need to squint):

Martha: The Indigo Project in top secret. No-one is supposed to know about that!
                    Jack: I met a soldier in a bar, long story!
                    Ianto: When was that? (N/B: look at Iantos face, which is slightly annoyed where he says this!)
                    Jack: Strictly professional! (N/B: Look at the slight "oh, sh*t!" look on jacks face when he says this! )

*cackles*

Line of the series: "Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister" "We Know"

I honestly think that this penultimate episode and the series finale will be a bit of a cop out as i think that its not our reality (if you know what i mean), because DT said that he would be Doctor to 2010 (there would have be a big hype if he was leaving) and that really white woman, who gave donna food, noticed "that there's something on your back"!!

oh and, er.....

WHO THE HELL WAS IT THAT DECIDING TO WRITE "TO BE CONTINUED" AT THE END, IN BIG HUGE SILVER LETTERS ACROSS THE SCREEN, WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?! They've never done that before (as far as i know)...I mean, i threw my remote across the room because of that! Are TPTB winding us up, what with that and no preview for next weeks episode?!

Unless Everyone's been keeping a tight lid on everything and deliberatly feeding the press red herrings

Comment

If that's it for the 10th doctor that's probably the worst doctor death ever. Yes, even worse than old age. If this is just another paralell universe then that's a massive cop out. And how cheesy was that running-towards-each-other thing? And the stupid TO BE CONTINUED at the end?

Apart from that, great episode. Good effects, and Davros was genuinely creepy looking.

Comment

I am not quite coherent I tried to write a review but it came out all jumbled. So excuse the mess.

I took a shower, drank some tea and feel a bit calmer now. This review has to be written now. I have so many ideas that are spinning round my head in regards of this episode. There was so much I loved about this episode. Little things, big things and visual things too.

- The view of 26 planets and satellites in the sky was really a sight and the Dalek ships entering earth's atmosphere was just wow.
                        - It was wonderful to have every one of the companions in the episode and what do you know - it didn't feel overcrowded at all. It was just simply squeeworthy
                        - the music by Murray Gold: it was grand but it also confused me. Why are the drums back? Why is the theme from the Master back? It was! The episode had new renditions of the YANA theme. Master? :hopeful:

Sarah Jane: I love her boy and I loved how Jack, the doctor and everybody asked her who that boy is. Like a big family. Sarah Jane has of course encountered enough Daleks in her time with the doctor too and the the look on her face when she heard the voice of Davros. The shock. I love Sarah Jane. Don't you dare kill her. I am sure she won't be killed but I do wonder what will happen to save her from those two Daleks.
                        Torchwood: Ianto , my dear you have gained weight ;-) but he was rather relaxed. I loved how committed Jack now is. When both Gwen and Ianto ask him how he knows about Project Indigo and Jack starts to mention a bar and soldier he met there...I loved Iantos sharp look and how Jack add hastily "It was all professional, don't worry." Ianto doesn't share :g: I also loved how Jack held both Gwen and Ianto kissed them on the head and declared helplessly that there was nothing he could do. Absolutely nothing. I hope Ianto and Gwen will also make it.
                        Martha: Might have the most kickass job but she had the weakest storyline. It simply didn't engage me much.
                        Harriet Jones: You've got to love her. How she defended her actions from "Christmas Invasion" and died heroically after calling the doctor successfully.
                        Rose: Oh Rose. This was so weird. How come the network wasn't able to pick her up? How she tried to get in contact with the doctor and the network and wasn't able to. Why? Why was she not able to get in contact via network? The doctor was so proud and happy to see his "family", his "children" but clearly sad. "Everybody is here! :softly: Except for Rose" He so wanted to see her and when he finally did......

I sobbed. When both Rose and the doctor ran as fast as they could to each other. His incredibly happy smile. The woman he loves, the one person he so desperately wanted to see again and then EXTERMINATE! I screamed. I had tears running down my face. I just shook all over and screamed at my screen. Please, don't led it end like this. The doctor regenerating. Please no! I have two theories:

Theory 1: This is still a parallel universe. Why? Because Donna still has a trickster beetle on her back, that's why. The albino girl from the Shadow Proclamation said the same thing that everybody has said to her in "Turn Left" - that Donna has something on her back and also the priestess in Pompeii spoke about whatever Donna has on her back. It is just strange that the doctor doesn't see the beetle. So in this alternate universe the doctor regenerates, what would happen in the real universe? Rose being killed by the Dalek and not the doctor. I would hate that but RTD did say that someone would die still if it were Rose then it wouldn't make sense why the albino girl said to Donny that she is sorry for her future loss. Donna wouldn't weep over a dead Rose.

The other theory: The hand started to bubble furiously. Is it maybe possible that the doctor regenerates again into his old self because there is still a piece of him that was not affected by the Dalek beam? Or what if two doctors regenerate? Our doctor (David Tennant) and a different one. Maybe the one that River Song has encountered?

and the ending no preview, that is so mean. How will we survive till next Saturday?
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

There is never (well, in New Who) a preview for the last ep, as far as I know. And it's a long ep too
                          *squee*

What did Ianto say when Jack was schmoozing with Sarah Jane?
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kateski View Post
                            Bewildered and impatient=me
                            Ha ha, glad it's not just me. I wish I'd skipped it now then I could get it off bbci player next Sat & watch the 2 together

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            I wonder who the alternative Doctor will be played by next week?
                            Do you think there will be one? They might not actually show anyone :-/

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            DT said he be around till 2010
                            I heard he hadn't been approached to do the next series but he's doing 2008 & 2009 Christmas specials. Has it been confirmed now whether he'll be in 1 more series?

Originally posted by Kady View Post

My sentiments exactly!

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                            There is never (well, in New Who) a preview for the last ep, as far as I know.
                            There has been for most of them, I'm almost certain

sigpic

Comment

That was fantastic.

Aww... I don't want Donna to go... IMO this was probably CT's best episode so far. Julian Bleach was excellent as Davros, too.

Random "SQUEE" moments:
                              Clom! They stole Clom!
                              Jack getting told off by Harriet Jones (former Prime Minister)... twice.
                              Gwen fancies the Doctor! And Donna fancies Jack! (How long before the Jack/Donna shippers spring up...? )
                              Even in Doctor Who, Ianto's getting the best line. "No broken bones... Slight loss of dignity... No change there, then."

It's damned unlikely that we're getting Doctor Eleven next week. Aside from the fact that David Tennant would get a far more epic death scene than that (he better do, anyway)...
                              Spoiler:
                              ... pictures got out of David filming the Christmas 2008 special, so unless they actually got him to hang around in costume for a few weeks just to throw people off, he's not leaving.
                              Plus, with everything that's gotten out over the last couple of years - the Daleks in season 2, the Master, BP leaving, FA leaving... - do you really think they could have kept that quiet?

Whatever happens to the Doctor will probably have something to do with the Hand, although I'm still hoping that certain rumours/spoilers aren't true...

Although I can't help but feel there'll be another massive reset like last year , having it be another parallel universe still formed around Donna would be an even worse cop-out than that. It was definitely "There was something on your back", though...

And what the hell happened to the Bad Wolf stuff...?
                              Last edited by Naonak; 28 June 2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X