This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumper Engines

Is it just me, or do the engines pods on the sides of the jumpers come out from the side in different ways between episodes? And I am not talking about the wing things but the actual engines.

there are probably a lot of minor differences on the jumpers.. like a 2001 golf is not identical to a 2002 golf..

Comment

Jumpers do have a lot of little differences. there has been at least 3 different interiors.

what you have to remember about jumper drive pods hough is that they not only extend outwards parallel to the bottom but then move up and tilt inwards slightly. Those angles can really throw you off if your looking at it trying to imagine the pods just retracting inwards without the tilt and drop first.

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
        Is it just me, or do the engines pods on the sides of the jumpers come out from the side in different ways between episodes? And I am not talking about the wing things but the actual engines.
        They are probably differnt. But how are they engines working under water?

Comment

they are some type of ion drive or something idk
          I AM STARGATEDUDE111!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
            They are probably differnt. But how are they engines working under water?
            Gravimetric drives. That's how the pj's can still move with the pods retracted, albeit at a slower pace. Even the wiki, which is comprehensive, but not "official" canon, speculates that this may be how they work. But they make sense given what we've seen so far.
            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

To answer the op, I believe we've seen two different ways of the engines deploying once the pods are opened.

First and most common I believe is the engines simply sliding upwards with the pods open.

Second one, first seen in the return part 2, features the engines pivoting 90 degrees, going from laying down in the pod to upright (example going from _ to |, 90 degree pivot)

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
                Gravimetric drives. That's how the pj's can still move with the pods retracted, albeit at a slower pace. Even the wiki, which is comprehensive, but not "official" canon, speculates that this may be how they work. But they make sense given what we've seen so far.
                Whatever it is, it can go interplanetary.

Comment

i wonder why such advanced race build jumpers with the engine open for attack from the ground and air, in season 2 some prisoner manage to take down a jumper with CANON BALLS or something low tech..now that messed up....but i still think the jumper (not the movie), is one of the coolest thing in stargate to own...

Comment

it IS, its the most versatile and powerfull ship for its size.
                    for example the shield generator.
                    spoilers!
                    Spoiler:
                    its a shield, cloak, can become AR field generator, and
                    Spoiler:
                    a wraith stun field generator

it has drones, which can be set to penetrate, or home, or directed by mind.
                    it can hold quite some people, has an INCREDIBLY small shield generator, engines, powersource, everything. and has an incredibly small hyperdrive

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      it IS, its the most versatile and powerfull ship for its size.
                      for example the shield generator.
                      spoilers!
                      Spoiler:
                      its a shield, cloak, can become AR field generator, and
                      Spoiler:
                      a wraith stun field generator

it has drones, which can be set to penetrate, or home, or directed by mind.
                      it can hold quite some people, has an INCREDIBLY small shield generator, engines, powersource, everything. and has an incredibly small hyperdrive
                      Since when does it have a hyperdrive?

Comment

as of Tao of rodney, where it is invented, and since "lifeline", where the first jumper was fitted with it. never been mentioned since

Comment

it can also dial a stargate, and fit thru a stargate for faster and safer travel then walking on foot thru the stargate. can the PJ be control by remote control by using the chair or something?

Comment

it can, but never show, as the power ran out

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                              Jumpers do have a lot of little differences. there has been at least 3 different interiors.

what you have to remember about jumper drive pods hough is that they not only extend outwards parallel to the bottom but then move up and tilt inwards slightly. Those angles can really throw you off if your looking at it trying to imagine the pods just retracting inwards without the tilt and drop first.
                              The flight controls have changed since the PJ first appearance. The two flat plastic-like flying controls, to the two-handled throttle controls.

: Green is Good.
                              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X