something intresting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something intresting

in the stargate atlantis episode echos, they said the coronal mass ejection happens every 15000 years. well shepard said that 15000 years ago they were in the middle of a war and proboly didint have any ships available. that would mean that they fought a war for 5000 years. if that is true i dont think we give the aincent eneough credit. i mean if they fought a war for 5000 years they deserve some credit for holding on so long even if they didint win.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Good point, but it doesn't necesarily mean 5000 years as Rodney said approx every 15000 years, so conceivably you could give or take a thousand years or so from that estimate.
    Meh.

Comment

Yes you should give them the right Ancient enough credit but what about all those people in Israel who probably have been fighting for that long Now I am Christian so don't think otherwise. But I mean since their civilization was founded they've been fighting unlike the Ancients who accidently created their enemy. Or so the say. Dun Dun Dun.

Comment

I think it had to be at least 15.000 years ago. It was detected by a science vessel. And I doubt they had active science vessels during the war with the Wraith. Also it could not have happened during the Siege of Atlantis, because the Wraith would have to leave and the Ancients could take advantage of that.

Comment

SHEPPARD: Adaris is a ship we found in the Ancient database.

McKAY: It’s an Ancient science vessel. About fifteen thousand years ago, it ran into some trouble. The entire crew was killed except for the pilot.

WEIR: The burned man. Teyla noticed the uniform. He was an Ancient pilot.

McKAY: Which would explain the burns.

ZELENKA: What does?

SHEPPARD: The ship got hit by a blast of radiation from the sun.

McKAY: It’s a coronal mass ejection on a scale that dwarfs anything our sun has ever emitted. Apparently the sun in this solar system goes through an unusually turbulent sunspot cycle every fifteen thousand years or so. The Ancients have records of this class of C.M.E. occurring twice before.

SHEPPARD: The ship was very close to the sun when it happened.

McKAY: It’s a massive prominence. It arced up and then collapsed when the magnetic field surrounding it weakened. We’re talking an intense proton stream travelling at over four thousand kilometres per second.

SHEPPARD: Most of the crew was killed instantly but the pilot managed to open up a hyperspace window just as they were hit. He flew the ship back here, jumping ahead of the radiation wave just in time to warn everyone.

McKAY: The Ancients were able to raise the shield and extend it far enough to protect a large portion of the planet from the blast.

SHEPPARD: They were in the middle of a war! They probably didn’t have a ship available at the time. And, like you said, they had three ZeeP.Ms.
          there are some inconsistencies such as the CME happens only 15,000 years and Atlantis only witnessed 2. Meaning it was on Lantea for only a maximum of 45,000 years. And still yet the thing sheppard says at the end that the ancients didnt do the ship thing because they were in a war (not specified with who) and had no ships, this could have been an inconsistency by accident or it could be deliberate because the wraith war only lasted about a hundred years, the two events are 4,900 years off. Quite possibly this is supposed to have hinted at an enemy the ancients faced that predated the wraith.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I believe this is a mistake. Rising established that the war never lasted that long.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
            X