Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,108

    Default How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    I read that Continuum will tie into a Season 5 episode by having Carter step down as Atlantis commander to deal with the events of the movie. This is a bit confusing, because I thought the movie was suppose to be set immediately after The Ark of Truth. Further, Teal'c will be a member of SG-1 in the movie. However, "Midway" seemed to suggest that he'd left SG-1 and returned to the Free Jaffa Nation based on how he was dressed. If he were still part of SG-1, he'd be wearing an SG-1 uniform.

  2. #2
    Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,478

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    AoT took place even before 320 and Continuum takes place after 501

  3. #3
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    I read that Continuum will tie into a Season 5 episode by having Carter step down as Atlantis commander to deal with the events of the movie. This is a bit confusing, because I thought the movie was suppose to be set immediately after The Ark of Truth. Further, Teal'c will be a member of SG-1 in the movie. However, "Midway" seemed to suggest that he'd left SG-1 and returned to the Free Jaffa Nation based on how he was dressed. If he were still part of SG-1, he'd be wearing an SG-1 uniform.
    Not necessarily, we've seen him dressed like that a lot whilst still part of SG-1.

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,108

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by g.o.d View Post
    AoT took place even before 320 and Continuum takes place after 501
    I know when SG:TAoT takes place in relation to SG:A. I understand that SG:C takes place after SG:A's Season 5 premiere. I'm asking HOW that will play out, and I'm pointing out that it doesn't gel with how Teal'c was portrayed in "Midway."

    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Not necessarily, we've seen him dressed like that a lot whilst still part of SG-1.
    In SG-1, he wouldn't don Jaffa clothing just for the sake of doing so. He generally would only do so when conducting affairs with fellow Jaffa. Also keep in mind that he left SG-1 when the Goa'uld and Replicators were defeated. He only returned to fight the Ori. With the Ori gone, he'd leave SG-1 and return to the Free Jaffa Nation. His appearance in "Midway" would support that. If Teal'c is part of SG-1 as of "Midway" and Carter asked him to visit Atlantis to have a talk with Ronan, why would he show up in Jaffa attire instead of his proper SG-1 uniform? It doesn't add up.

  5. #5
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

    In SG-1, he wouldn't don Jaffa clothing just for the sake of doing so. He generally would only do so when conducting affairs with fellow Jaffa. Also keep in mind that he left SG-1 when the Goa'uld and Replicators were defeated. He only returned to fight the Ori. With the Ori gone, he'd leave SG-1 and return to the Free Jaffa Nation. His appearance in "Midway" would support that. If Teal'c is part of SG-1 as of "Midway" and Carter asked him to visit Atlantis to have a talk with Ronan, why would he show up in Jaffa attire instead of his proper SG-1 uniform? It doesn't add up.
    It's not an SG mission, it's a request from Carter. Why would he be dressed for a mission when he's not on one? In 'Reunion' while in the SGC he was still dressed in his SG-1 gear, and...

    Spoiler:
    AoT ended with SG-1 going out together on a random mission


    ...so I've seen nothing that indicated that he's not still part of SG-1.
    Last edited by jenks; June 23rd, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,108

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    It's not an SG mission, it's a request from Carter. Why would he be dressed for a mission when he's not on one? In 'Reunion' while in the SGC he was still dressed in his SG-1 gear, and...
    Since when did SG-1 start going offworld in their civilian clothes? Generally, when SG-1 go off world, they wear their uniform wether they're on an official mission or not. As I've said, Teal'c only donned his Jaffa attire when he was dealing with Jaffa affairs.

    Spoiler:
    AoT ended with SG-1 going out together on a random mission
    I saw the movie. What's your point? Teal'c may have simply wanted to stick around for a while before leaving once more. Take a look back at Season 8. He could have just stayed on Dakarra and resigned from SG-1 then and there, but no... he stuck around with his team for old time's sake for a few more missions.

    ...so I've seen nothing that indicated that he's not still part of SG-1.
    You have, you're just choosing to ignore it, because you'd rather believe he's still part of SG-1.

  7. #7
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Since when did SG-1 start going offworld in their civilian clothes?
    Have they ever gone offworld WITHOUT it being a mission of some sort?

    You can't generalize here. Teal'c went to Atlantis on request of his friend, so it wasn't a mission. That would mean that Teal'c can wear whatever he wants, and he chose the Jaffa robes; it doesn't implicitly say that he left SG1. You can argue that, of course, but if Continuum comes and says that he never left SG1, then it's not a contradiction, since this Jaffa robe thing can be argued either way.

  8. #8
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Since when did SG-1 start going offworld in their civilian clothes?
    Since when do they go off world as a personal favour to a friend?

    Generally, when SG-1 go off world, they wear their uniform wether they're on an official mission or not.
    Like when?

    As I've said, Teal'c only donned his Jaffa attire when he was dealing with Jaffa affairs.
    Because those were personal matters, not SG missions, much like this scenario.

    You have, you're just choosing to ignore it, because you'd rather believe he's still part of SG-1.
    Excuse me, don't tell me what I have and haven't seen, and don't try to imply that I'm a self deluding nut job just because my opinion differs from yours.
    Last edited by jenks; June 23rd, 2008 at 03:14 PM.

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,108

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Excuse me, but who the **** do you think you are? Don't tell me what I have and haven't seen, and don't try to imply that I'm a self deluding nut job just because my opinion differs from yours.
    Dude... we're discussing a TV show. Calm... down... I was just voicing my opinion. I never implied you were a self-deluding nut job. You came up with that on your own.

  10. #10
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,024

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    The only problem I see is the hair. Doesn't he have short hair in the movie since it was filmed earlier? I guess we'll think he cut it again?

    But as far as 501 leading into Continuum, yes it does.

    Spoiler:
    Carter doesn't step down, she reunites with SG-1 to attend Baal's execution. She expected to return to Atlantis, but Woolsey tells her that she's been removed from command as soon as Carter gets to Earth.

  11. #11
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Dude... we're discussing a TV show. Calm... down... I was just voicing my opinion. I never implied you were a self-deluding nut job. You came up with that on your own.
    Ummm

    You have, you're just choosing to ignore it, because you'd rather believe he's still part of SG-1.
    I'd say you did.

  12. #12
    Captain stargater1990's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    atlantis
    Posts
    1,553

    Sheppard Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    I read that Continuum will tie into a Season 5 episode by having Carter step down as Atlantis commander to deal with the events of the movie. This is a bit confusing, because I thought the movie was suppose to be set immediately after The Ark of Truth. Further, Teal'c will be a member of SG-1 in the movie. However, "Midway" seemed to suggest that he'd left SG-1 and returned to the Free Jaffa Nation based on how he was dressed. If he were still part of SG-1, he'd be wearing an SG-1 uniform.

    hes proboly not part of sg1 any more but he wanted to
    Spoiler:
    atend ba'als execution so he went to earth during continuum at some time presumably, and then ba'al does something to the time line and tealc lends a hand in fixing it cus hes there and what else is he gonna do, kelnoreem?

  13. #13
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,108

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Thanks, Ripple in Space. The IOA is up to their usual shenanigans again.

    Jenks, I'd say you're overreacting. Choosing to ignore part of a story, because you'd rather believe it plays out a certain way does not make you a self-deluding nut job. It's no worse than when people ignore a movie in a film series, because they thought it was a terrible film or felt that it didn't do the previous movie justice. Please, stop trying to play the victim. It's annoying.

    Back on topic... Does this mean that the series premiere will be the episode where Carter is removed from command? I can't imagine her leaving Atlantis when Sheppard's team is in the middle of a crisis. It'd make more sense if her departure occured in the second episode.

  14. #14
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Thanks, Ripple in Space. The IOA is up to their usual shenanigans again.

    Jenks, I'd say you're overreacting. Choosing to ignore part of a story, because you'd rather believe it plays out a certain way does not] make you a self-deluding nut job. It's no worse than when people ignore a movie in a film series, because they thought it was a terrible film or felt that it didn't do the previous movie justice. Please, stop trying to play the victim. It's annoying.
    Actually it does, so don't try and imply it. It's annoying.

  15. #15
    Colonel Agent_Dark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LOL
    Posts
    6,096

    Default Re: How does Continuum tie into Season 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Jenks, I'd say you're overreacting. Choosing to ignore part of a story, because you'd rather believe it plays out a certain way does not make you a self-deluding nut job. It's no worse than when people ignore a movie in a film series, because they thought it was a terrible film or felt that it didn't do the previous movie justice.
    actually, he's not overreacting because you are jumping to illogical conclusions (the whole "Teal'c is not part of SG1 because he's wearing his Jaffa robes").

    Please, stop trying to play the victim. It's annoying.
    someone continually posting in coloured text is more annoying tbh.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 24th, 2008, 12:53 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 21st, 2008, 10:22 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
  4. Stargate: Continuum - SciFi Wire: Continuum Expands SG-1
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
  5. If Continuum is set after SG:A Season 4...
    By Daniel Jackson in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •